With mantle on its way.....

RightfulNerd

No. Mantle is being sold by AMD as providing "up-to" an increase of 45% in performance.

That's all fine and dandy, but the average performance gain likely won't be anywhere near that. Not to mention, the only games that will benefit from Mantle are games that are specifically optimized to work using Mantle. Every other game won't see a difference with Mantle.

Which are the games that actually need more performance such as BF4 and Star Citizen.

I just had another nvidia driver  bug today :lol:. It never was special

both sides have stable drivers that work 98% of the time if you use the WQHL's, both sides have game optimization software and all the rest.<<

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

. both sides have stable drivers that work 98% of the time

I had a flawless experience iwht my hd 6670. But with my 770 killer gtx 670 PE.

I have had only driver nvidia related bugs, I hope that influences you.

Because I would have houyrs of footage with problems they havent even fixed yet. If I get requests I could make a list.

So as of 2-3 years ago. AMd was flawless to me.

Until today and since 2 years ago, nvidia has been FAR away from Premium and flawless experience.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Wait for Mantle performance numbers before making any decision.

i like your picture :D

should i upgrade from my gtx 560ti to an amd card and do you think mantle will be worth it 

No, wait for Maxwell.

Why only recommend those two? For god sakes people when giving recommendations you need to qualify what you say so that the original poster has the full picture, not just a model number and your word. Give him/her facts, figures, features and the justification of your belief in the product.

These cards are really the only reccomended cards at the moment plus the 760 and 7770 and 270. The rest of AMD cards are being gobbled by bitcoin miners, which has caused the prices to rise. Since the 290 and 780 are both priced similarly, the 780 is the way to go for gaming since it has the same performance and is quieter/cooler. The same goes for the 770/280X.

Now, if we're talking about bitcoin mining, than everything changes. The 280X and 290 are the best bang for your buck from what I've learned. But since the OP is talking about mantle and gaming, the reccomendations change.

I hope this gives the OP a complete picture.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

"Not to mention, the only games that will benefit from Mantle are games that are specifically optimized to work using Mantle."

specifically optimized? its either using mantle or not  mantle will NOT cmoe into effect of games that dont use the API

a game either usses mantle or it doesnt

You quoted it... and still didn't read it.

Unbelievable.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

You quoted it... and still didn't read it.

Unbelievable.

you are using the word optimized very incorrectly

you are using the word optimized very incorrectly

I think what they mean when they say "Specifically optimised" is that it wont be a slapdash directx conversion with petty performance boosts.

See the problem here, is that you all are either too young or have shite memories. Turn the clock back 15 years and directX wasnt used for everything. They had to rely on all manner of other methods to put a game on your screen. It took time for DirectX to gain ground, more and more games adopted it over time. Now that one was not always designed to work with the other methods, at least mantle in this case has been designed in such a way that it can be implemented without dis-advantaging the DirectX users. So in effect here we just have the same process we went through all that time ago with the introduction of a new API. You guys simply dont remember what it was like the last time and the community has grown so massively that many never knew it to begin with. I'm looking at you very young kids here who only grew up with the Playstation and dreamcast.

So yes it will take time for full utilization and yes it will take time for game support, but everyone here would love it to instantly be effective on every title and platform, but history has already shown us that it just doesn't happen that way.