Help Choosing Linux Distro

I'm still looking to find that Linux distro that tickles my fancy if you know what I mean. I currently use windows 10, and will continue to do so. I'm most likely looking at duel booting since overwatch doesn't run 100% the same as windows in terms of performance. I also stream and im sure streamlabs doesnt work on linux. Besides all of that the main reason I havent switched to linux has to do with the fact I feel "naked" using it. Windows is such a mess that it feels weird using a clean os. I'm not new to linux either. I'm proficient at using command lines. I currently have tried linux mint, Ubuntu, element in the past to try and switch to linux. If you have any suggestions for linux distros i should try please let me know.   

ubuntu, I ran it off an old 80GB ssd for a while. great for learning linux imo. After you get used to it, mabye try a different one like arch linux

I like 16.04 LTS, but 18.04 is good too. IMO, only get the LTS ones, and stay on it and don't download the newer versions, just bug fixes.

@TRraven

Manjaro is pretty damn cool in my opinion, you can try it out.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

For general purpose, Ubuntu is very good.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

16 minutes ago, TRraven said:

linux distros

The solution is easier than you think.

Decide what programs you wish to try out under Linux, see which Distro is supported, then choose that one.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Right now my favorite is just plain Ubuntu 18.10.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

A wise man once said: if you need to ask which Linux Distribution to choose you should use Ubuntu.

I dual boot windows 10 and ubuntu 18.10 on my 120GB SSD in my laptop. Very good.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Well what are your issues with the distros you've used? I mainly used Ubuntu and Mint but I've tried a couple of other ones just to see whether I would like them more, but I always ran into problems with stuff that I could easily do with Ubuntu and Mint (though this is probably more because of my lack of knowledge than the os). You could have a look at CentOS I guess.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Probably best route is load an decent size USB say 16GB with several distros that can live boot.  Then proceed to try each out without needing to directly install or dual boot.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU