Dangers of 5G a real risk?

Lee L.

I trust Linus as a father and as a lover of his content. If nothing at all I just want to hear if he's concerned and what his research has determined. If he doesn't know then oh well. I honestly think he could shed some light on it that's all..

Satellite dishes don't run high frequency like 5G. Light is natural and if you protect yourself you will be fine. 

1 minute ago, Lee L. said:

I trust Linus as a father and as a lover of his content.

as much as I love him and the rest of LMG, don't put him on a pedestal. If you are worried, follow the industry as the tech moves towards rollout and try to read what experts in the field are saying.

Also, don't vandalize stuff that's not yours.

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

I have listened to a lot of experts. I honestly think seeing as this is a nation wide rollout starting now I'd like to hear from him. Not putting him on a pedestal. I enjoy his content. I don't worship Linus lol no offense @Linus

The easy solution is to move away from the city.  Not even the countryside, as that's likely to get 5G too.  They'll be putting it all over the roads to accommodate self-driving and internet-connected cars. 

If you are really worried and want to avoid 5G as much as possible, either turn your entire house into a Faraday cage or move to a piece of land somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

3 minutes ago, Lee L. said:

Satellite dishes don't run high frequency like 5G. Light is natural and if you protect yourself you will be fine. 

natural != safe, there are lots of risks due to light and uv

Every time a new technology comes out a small minority of bucketheads start saying "It causes cancer!!" or "it causes autism!!"

400 years ago people who claimed Earth was not the center of the universe was accused of heresy, chemists were deemed as mages 

When radio was invented they said the signals would BOIL YOUR BLOOD, yeah just like that, when TV was invented they said the radiation would turn you into a mutant.

Literally. Every. Time. 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

Every time a new technology comes out a small minority of bucketheads start saying "It causes cancer!!" or "it causes autism!!"

400 years ago people who claimed Earth was not the center of the universe was accused of heresy, chemists were deemed as mages 

When radio was invented they said the signals would BOIL YOUR BLOOD, yeah just like that, when TV was invented they said the radiation would turn you into a mutant.

Literally. Every. Time. 

Nikola Tesla, awesome genius.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

Yes but if you protect yourself with sunscreen and less exposure you have less risks. You have no protection if the waves are smashing your body every night you sleep unless u build your house out of lead and we all know that's not allowed. Like I said we could discuss all sorts of risks I'm only interested in the dangers of high frequency 5G towers. 

If u think that cancer and radiation isn't connected then idk u must live under a rock. I'm not talking about TV's or old ass hypothesis about Earth. I'm talking about now. Look up testing on 5G in India. You will be shocked at what the villages think about this glorious 5G....well those of them that aren't riddled with brain cancer

Oh and I'm not a Buckethead lol 

Just now, Lee L. said:

If u think that cancer and radiation isn't connected then idk u must live under a rock. I'm not talking about TV's or old ass hypothesis about Earth. I'm talking about now. Look up testing on 5G in India. You will be shocked at what the villages think about this glorious 5G....well those of them that aren't riddled with brain cancer

God a study to support those findings? 

How do you know that 5g is the cause and its not a placebo? Any other third variables? 

2 minutes ago, Lee L. said:

5G towers will not be fenced off. They are applied to your home. 5G is such a high frequency it doesn't travel as far as 4G. They have to install mini cell towers to every 1-8 homes. Would u sleep with a high frequency tower above your home? 

This is only true for the MM wave side of 5g that operates around 29-33ghz. These nodes will be more like wifi access points than a normal cell tower as they are will be far lower power. This is because at these frequencies you reach a point of diminishing returns as your fee space path loss becomes so great that adding more power only gives you a marginal gain in range. Low to mid band 5g is going to more or less just be a upgrade to current infrastructure. Realistically, mm wave 5g is looking to be very impractical for phones or other handheld devices as simply holding the phone will be enough to break connectivity so we probably will never see all these nodes put around peoples houses. The mm wave side of 5g is much more likely to be used for "wireless fiber" style connections and possible autonomous vehicles. handheld devices will likely stick to the 3.1,4.2 ghz mid band 5g. As far as sleeping with rf equipment goes, here is my little rf lab that i keep in my room.

Spoiler

IMG_20190309_211309.thumb.jpg.cc7eb21a9e563701823bfcd9dbbbd45e.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The radio spectrum is broken up into bands, each with unique features as you move up into higher frequencies. 4G networks use frequencies below 6 GHz, but 5G uses extremely high frequencies in the 30 GHz to 300 GHz range.

However, most of these super-high frequencies work only if there’s a clear, direct line-of-sight between the antenna and the device receiving the signal. What’s more is that some of these high frequencies are easily absorbed by humidity, rain, and other objects, meaning that they don’t travel as far.

It’s for these reasons that we can expect lots of strategically placed antennas to support 5G, either really small ones in every room or building that needs it or large ones positioned throughout a city; maybe even both. There will also probably be many repeating stations to push the radio waves as far as possible to provide long range 5G support.

Your rf station isn't pushing 30-300ghz signal. I appreciate your reply. Just seems like a whole shit load of waves being blasted through us along with everything else we need to be concerned about. Is it really safe? I really doubt it is.

Just now, Lee L. said:

Your rf station isn't pushing 30-300ghz signal. I appreciate your reply. Just seems like a whole shit load of waves being blasted through us along with everything else we need to be concerned about. Is it really safe? I really doubt it is.

Why do you believe its not safe?There is already tons of radation hitting us and were fine. Id still with the null until good data comes out showing safety. 

7 minutes ago, Lee L. said:

5G hasn't been around long enough to be able to have drawn any direct conclusions between it and health affects. It sounds like you just want someone to agree with you that it's harmful.

However, most of these super-high frequencies work only if there’s a clear, direct line-of-sight between the antenna and the device receiving the signal. What’s more is that some of these high frequencies are easily absorbed by humidity, rain, and other objects, meaning that they don’t travel as far.

It’s for these reasons that we can expect lots of strategically placed antennas to support 5G, either really small ones in every room or building that needs it or large ones positioned throughout a city; maybe even both. There will also probably be many repeating stations to push the radio waves as far as possible to provide long range 5G support.

Exactly, it's easily blocked by everything which includes your home, it's walls, etc. I'm fairly sure ATT can't force you to put up a tower on your private property. There's plenty of RF shielding products out there, some are not bunk and actually do work. Research those and shield your home appropriately. As for being outside, there's really nothing you can do about it so work on mitigating other risk factors like Radon or second hand smoke.

Were fine? Cancer rates since the use of radiation had sky rocketed....how are we fine exactly? 

Is it really safe? I really doubt it is.

This actually falls under the purview of the FDA (they aren't JUST food and drugs). I can't think of even a super tin foil hat reason why the FDA would pass a dangerous tech. No one benefits if everyone just dies.

Gaming build:

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

Just now, Lee L. said:

Were fine? Cancer rates since the use of radiation had sky rocketed....how are we fine exactly? 

And so much else has also changed. 

Correlation != causation

Also as people live longer cancer risk goes up, and life expectancy has gone up recently aswell.

Just now, Lee L. said:

The radio spectrum is broken up into bands, each with unique features as you move up into higher frequencies. 4G networks use frequencies below 6 GHz, but 5G uses extremely high frequencies in the 30 GHz to 300 GHz range.

5g in its current form does not go that high. Not even close. The current standard is looking to be 600mhz for low band, 3.1ghz-4.2ghz for mid band, and 29ghz and 33ghz for high band mm wave frequencies. This is what companies are making real hardware for at this time.

11 minutes ago, Lee L. said:

Correlation is not causation. India as a country has much more serious health concerns to worry about than radio waves.

If i where you, i would do some research on what the electromagnetic spectrum actually is. In the grand scheme of things, radio waves are INCREDIBLY low frequency. 5g might be 33 ghz, but the visible light you see is between 400-800Thz. Past that you are talking radiation that is actually dangerous like ultravilot light, x-rays, and then gamma rays.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

No I don't want anyone to agree with me. Science itself shows the dangers of radiation. Man's obsession with cell phones and faster speeds and greed through the fcc out weighs the health risks. I'm just interested in LTT and what they think about it.. 

Man's obsession with cell phones and faster speeds and greed through the fcc out weighs the health risks

Do you have ANY evidence that cell phones cause cancer?

Gaming build:

Server build:

Yes gamma Ray's and uv light are very dangerous. But seeing how we have had 3 major nuclear meltdowns along with tons of nuclear missle tests worldwide and the dumping of nuclear waste everywhere adding something like this to your community doesn't seem right. I'd rather less waves/radiation traveling through my body tbh. 

8 minutes ago, Lee L. said:

No I don't want anyone to agree with me. Science itself shows the dangers of radiation. Man's obsession with cell phones and faster speeds and greed through the fcc out weighs the health risks. I'm just interested in LTT and what they think about it.. 

Radiation CAN be dangerous. Its important to be able to distinguish the difference. Visible light is part of the electromagnetic spectrum and is far far higher energy than any radio waves. The lighbulbs you have in your house are blasting you with 400-800Thz radiation any time they are on. You ever open the oven and feel the heat instantly hit you? That is 300-500ghz far infrared radiation heating up your skin.

Yes gamma Ray's and uv light are very dangerous. But seeing how we have had 3 major nuclear meltdowns along with tons of nuclear missle tests worldwide and the dumping of nuclear waste everywhere adding something like this to your community doesn't seem right. I'd rather less waves/radiation traveling through my body tbh. 

but thats way different than the stuff your getting from a phone or normal rf communcation. We all know ionizing radiation can kill you pretty quick.

Got anything liking rf and 5g to health?

What I do know is the rates of cancer for people who work on cell towers is astonishing. No current cellphones prob don't cause cancer but bump that signal up and you might have a problem. Plus the tower is directly near your dwelling. Look up people who live near power lines....it's not fake this is real and a real concern

Of course I have things linking 5g and rf to cancer.....I wouldn't be asking for his opinion if I didnt

46 minutes ago, Lee L. said:

What I do know is the rates of cancer for people who work on cell towers is astonishing. No current cellphones prob don't cause cancer but bump that signal up and you might have a problem. Plus the tower is directly near your dwelling. Look up people who live near power lines....it's not fake this is real and a real concern

source?

How do you know the cell tower is the cause in that case? Could it be the higher stress of the job? The type of people who work that job are predisposed to cancer? 

44 minutes ago, Lee L. said:

Of course I have things linking 5g and rf to cancer.....I wouldn't be asking for his opinion if I didnt

sources???

Would u like a link...can I post links?