Dangers of 5G a real risk?

Lee L.

I keep hearing about the dangers of 5G and legitimate cancer risks. I was wondering if you could please look into it and give us your opinion. I've seen your past video regarding the networks prior to 5G rollout but I've seen this new network runs at a much higher frequency and doesn't travel far introducing mini cell towers on 1 in 8 houses. I'm honestly concerned being a father and living in a major city. Linus HELP!!!

Sorry to burst any bubble, if you are worried about getting cancer, perhaps understand that not only cancer kills people, try to live life with meaning and do the best you can for none of us are immortal my friend.

If 5G turns out to be a real health hazard, at least you may get some use out of it before it tops you, the thing is humans are not perfect and often time we look at death with fear, and that stops us living the life we are meant for.

Best wishes.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

Clearly Linus has insight because he did a video on 4G before this. Honestly I'm not looking for trolls I'm asking a legitimate question. If he can't he can't. Either way thanks for the replys.

5 minutes ago, BetterThanLife said:

none of us are mortal

What? I'm not mortal %$@^$#%&%#^&#$%^&@#$%^#$%^^$% I just wanna die!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Lee L. said:

Clearly Linus has insight because he did a video on 4G before this. Honestly I'm not looking for trolls I'm asking a legitimate question. If he can't he can't. Either way thanks for the replys.

Linus isn't an expert at everything, he does research, and if there's no current consensus or quality data to draw from there's nothing he's gonna be able to add.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, Cyracus said:

What? I'm not mortal %$@^$#%&%#^&#$%^&@#$%^#$%^^$% I just wanna die!!!!!!

Linus isn't an expert at everything, he does research, and if there's no current consensus or quality data to draw from there's nothing he's gonna be able to add.

Correction, immortal.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

@Cyracus I'll let Linus decide what he thinks of the matter. Although I appreciate the replys I think Linus can produce information on this issue. I'm not worried about dying I'm worried for my little girl. 

Just now, Lee L. said:

@Cyracus I'll let Linus decide what he thinks of the matter. Although I appreciate the replys I think Linus can produce information on this issue. I'm not worried about dying I'm worried for my little girl. 

Then do what is right, humans are not perfect so regardless of advice, do what your stomach tells you, your own intuition is powerful.

Self help guide.

There is literally nothing to worry about with 5g. Just because 5g is new does not mean the mm wave frequencies that the final implementation of 5g will run on are by any means new. If anything, high band 5g signals will have even less of an effect than your average wifi as the signal is attenuated through the air by such a extreme amount. The initial rollout wont even be mm wave. Planed frequencies for low band 5g are between 3.1-4.2 ghz which are not too far off from the ism bands wifi already uses. People need to stop getting worried about what they don't know.   

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Just now, Lee L. said:

I'll be in jail for vandalizing 5G towers lol that's what my intuition tells me!

I'm not sure being a violent Luddite is something to be proud of, but you do you broski!

Do you put your cellphone in your pocket?

Do you cook food in pots and pans?

If you answered yes to either of those, you are already at risk for cancer just as much as 5g would be for you.

Like I said I just want a video explain the changes and the concerns and his opinion on it. That's all. I'm not in a panic I'm just asking because Its been being discussed everywhere. 

Just now, Lee L. said:

Like I said I just want a video explain the changes and the concerns and his opinion on it. That's all. I'm not in a panic I'm just asking because Its been being discussed everywhere. 

Understandable and i think you are a great person just wanting something to rest your busy mind.

I am not a parent but can definitely understand protecting something so precious.

Self help guide.

I'm not in a panic

6 minutes ago, Lee L. said:

I'll be in jail for vandalizing 5G towers lol that's what my intuition tells me!

These two statements are rather conflicting...

No I don't put my phone in my pocket. I don't even use wifi in my house. Direct connection only and I keep my phone in my desk. As far as pans I'm guilty of cooking but I'm in control of what I use/do. I'm not in control of cell towers being placed on my home or neighborhood. Don't shoot the messenger lol I'm just interested in what Linus thinks. 

Well yeah if it's near my kid and it's dangerous it's my duty. Doesn't mean I'm in panic. Means I'm a father who's responsible to protect my daughter. 

No I don't put my phone in my pocket. I don't even use wifi in my house. Direct connection only and I keep my phone in my desk. As far as pans I'm guilty of cooking but I'm in control of what I use/do. I'm not in control of cell towers being placed on my home or neighborhood. Don't shoot the messenger lol I'm just interested in what Linus thinks. 

I understand what you are going for, my point was there are hundreds of simple daily tasks such as the two I listed, that you both have control over and don't that have the same amount of cancerous risks.

Live life fully

I understand that there are risks in daily life. I just wanted to address this seeing as it's a big topic. If I die from bananas is irrelevant. Sure we could go back in forth on all the risks associated with daily life but it's not my question. 

1 minute ago, Lee L. said:

As much as I like linus, he is not an engineer. 5g is a pretty complex evolving standard and a single video is not going to be able to cover it in totality. As far as danger is concerned, the only real danger is if you are within inches of a multi kilowatt transmitter where you could get RF burns, which is why towers are fenced off. Beyond that there really is no safety concern. And again, this is an immediate danger, still no cancer risk. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I understand that there are risks in daily life. I just wanted to address this seeing as it's a big topic. If I die from bananas is irrelevant. Sure we could go back in forth on all the risks associated with daily life but it's not my question. 

The problem is you can't get good studies on this easily. Rats and other animals aren't perfect human analogs, and rf exposure vs lethality isn't linear, so you can't make this quick. Also the exact 5g levels used and frequencys isn't finalized, and varies on location and country

But most data comes back saying there is little of no effect, but really no good studies, as you really can't have a good study.

But why do you want to hear this from linus? He hasn't done any expermenting on this, he is just anouther researcher. Might as well talk to a expert or look int good peer reviewed journals.

Really, your worrying too much.

5G towers will not be fenced off. They are applied to your home. 5G is such a high frequency it doesn't travel as far as 4G. They have to install mini cell towers to every 1-8 homes. Would u sleep with a high frequency tower above your home? 

Just now, Lee L. said:

5G towers will not be fenced off. They are applied to your home. 5G is such a high frequency it doesn't travel as far as 4G. They have to install mini cell towers to every 1-8 homes. Would u sleep with a high frequency tower above your home? 

You already sleep with much higher frequency around you all the time, like light.

Just now, Lee L. said:

I have a Satellite dish screwed to my wall inches from my window, apart from me being mentally unstable.. no issues.

Self help guide.