Why does Linus have an issue with Monoprice?

Have I missed some drama or something? I've noticed that, recently, Linus has made a couple references regarding distaste for Monoprice. Most recently, he made a reference in his monoprice setup video alluding that they were "not nice people".

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

He did a video on MonoPrice accessories & was dissatisfied.

He likely shot the monoprice video before some other videos as they have a backlog of videos to be uploaded for the sake of staying ahead.

I dunno but I did find this spelling error

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

image.png.a6031fc0b11ba2b679fe21005972ef02.png

I thought that was a joke when I saw it.

54 minutes ago, fpo said:

He did a video on MonoPrice accessories & was dissatisfied.

He likely shot the monoprice video before some other videos as they have a backlog of videos to be uploaded for the sake of staying ahead.

I thought so too but the video where he initially made a comment about not liking monoprice (the people/company not the products) was in the Amazon Basics video I believe, now it's been brought up again with the recent vid on monoprice.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

They probably ordered a ton of cables and received them too late or they were defective and he got mad at them for sucking and maybe not giving them any kind of discount would be my guess.

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

Because that's the way he is.  He's so stuck on his pedestal about getting the best, and the latest, and the greatest, and how much money he has, that he forgot how real people behave.  

Actually like my M1060 that i bought over Amazon.de, planar headphones..

But i also seems like they have looked at poor element, that would fail, to bad the screen sucks, it would be so nice with a 27" 144+ monitor that actually did not look like a disco... i really hate these monitors with light and extreme colors.. "GAMING GAMING GAMING" 

14 hours ago, Ringthane said:

Because that's the way he is.  He's so stuck on his pedestal about getting the best, and the latest, and the greatest, and how much money he has, that he forgot how real people behave.  

Lol what? He complemented their products and even said that, basically, all the cables they use are from monoprice....

The Louvre

14 hours ago, Ringthane said:

I'll have what you're having.

On 3/5/2019 at 5:04 PM, fasauceome said:

image.png.a6031fc0b11ba2b679fe21005972ef02.png

Did I miss the announcement that they hired Yosemite Sam to do their editing? ?

Just joking, I love you guys.

Weird, the company I work for uses Monoprice and I've had a pretty easy and good relationship with them. Product quality is pretty on point.