Best PSU brand and diff between g1, g2,g3?

vjizzle2384
1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

40->45db is quite loud, but it's still not as loud as a GPU might be at full load so it's ok

sapphire nitro @ 3200rpm.wav

The 1080 is a 180W card. It's not going to be that loud, especially with a 3 fan cooler. 

:)

Just now, seon123 said:

The 1080 is a 180W card. It's not going to be that loud, especially with a 3 fan cooler. 

Congratulations my card is 180W too and 2 fan

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Congratulations my card is 180W too and 2 fan

It is a lower end card, with a smaller cooler. That obviously makes it louder than a higher end card with a larger cooler.

:)

a

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

It is a lower end card, with a smaller cooler. That obviously makes it louder than a higher end card with a larger cooler.

Ah okay. Still, it's an excellent PSU and you're pretty unlikely to hit the 650W with a modern system

I have to say i have the 1000 G3 and can't hear / see any issues with it. Reliable and stable power. Running i5 8400, 32gb ram, 2x 3.5 drives, R9 295x2 and a couple of NVME drives.

11 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Have you checked out the tier list?

11 hours ago, Cyracus said:

for that it helps to check the... 

Irrelevant, unreliable, subjective, doesn't answer OP's question.

The list is made for people who don't give a damn about choosing a quality power supply.

2 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Tier List it's Tier S (same as Corsair AX1200i/AX1500i/AX1600i)

That's BS. They're completely different platform and for some users the AXi is a significant leap from the Prime.

2 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

but it's still not as loud as a GPU might be at full load so it's ok

That's a different GPU. It also depends on the case, fan curves, environment, usage, etc. It's better just to opt for a quieter PSU at the same price.

OP - There are in-depth reviews for all those PSUs... well, not so much the G1 since the reviews are so old.

EVGA G1 750 review

EVGA G2 550 review

EVGA G3 650 review

Your current PSU should be fine, but a bit innefficient, noisy, and maybe causing coil whine.

EVGA BQ 850 review

If you want to find information about noise or efficiency, check out Cybenetics

1 minute ago, Rexper said:

That's BS. They're completely different platform and for some users the AXi is a significant leap from the Prime.

Cool then. The AXi has the same standby, normal and crossload efficiency as the Prime. The AXi has the same power on spike results as the Prime. The AXi has the same ripple as the Prime on the 3.3V and 5V rails, but is better on the 12V rail (The Prime is still quite good though). Build quality is about the same on the AXi and the Prime.

Also, I meant that the Corsair AX1200i/AX1500i/AX1600i was on the same Tier, not that they were the same. They look quite a lot different on the internals.

49 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

The AXi has the same standby, normal and crossload efficiency as the Prime.

AXi is ETA-A+. Prime Gold is ETA-A. Reliable efficiency ratings from Cybenetics. Check out the report for specific info.

AXi 1600 is Lambda-A. Prime Gold is Lambda-S++. The AXi is much quieter.

54 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

The AXi has the same power on spike results as the Prime.

Not sure what that is.

55 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

The AXi has the same ripple as the Prime on the 3.3V and 5V rails, but is better on the 12V rail

Looking at Cybenetics, the AXi has much better ripple results on every rail compared to the Prime Gold. You're correct, the Prime's ripple is still pretty good which is why you shouldn't just look at ripple results.

Look at voltage regulation, transient response, protection testing, timings. 

Not to mention the AXi's full controll and monitoring via software, including customisable 12V rails.

It's a pointless comparison. There's reasons why the AX1600i cost $300 more than the Prime Gold 650. It's literally the best power supply on the market.

So don't believe power supplies should be equally considered just because of a Tier someone made up. Read reviews.

3 hours ago, Rexper said:

It's a pointless comparison. There's reasons why the AX1600i cost $300 more than the Prime Gold 650. It's literally the best power supply on the market.

So don't believe power supplies should be equally considered just because of a Tier someone made up. Read reviews.

its a quality list. not a feature and wattage list..............

17 hours ago, seon123 said:

Correct. Except for if you are bothered by the noise, in which case a higher end PSU could be quieter. 

I never heard the fan or does not make noise 

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384

11 hours ago, seon123 said:

I have a low end card with my 1080?

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

and the g3 is a bit sensitive on the over power protection and the over temperature protection

No. Opposite. The G3 is not sensitive to those, and they trigger rather late. But what makes you think that’s better than the G2?!

The G2 doesn’t have OTP at all, and it’s OPP triggers at ~150%.

11 minutes ago, Rexper said:

No. Opposite. The G3 is not sensitive to those, and they trigger rather late. But what makes you think that’s better than the G2?!

because the g2 at least has a well working opp compared to the g3. but i think the focus units with their discount because of a problem that was solved 8 months ago are a fair option

On 3/5/2019 at 4:39 PM, Rexper said:

according to stefan payne the newer models all have OTP