Jump to content

M.2

Hi my m.2 screw head came off on the hole and the bottom of the screw is stuck what should i do 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DudeSquad11 said:

Hi my m.2 screw head came off on the hole and the bottom of the screw is stuck what should i do 

Pics would help, but if I'm understanding properly, you'll want a pair of pliers. 

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

nope isnt sticking out

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to be clear, the head of the screw snapped off and the threads of the screw are still in the stand off? How in the world did this happen? These screws should never have any amount of torque behind them to cause this.

Can you remove the stand-off? It may be easier to replace it all together if you can't remove the threads. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Just to be clear, the head of the screw snapped off and the threads of the screw are still in the stand off? How in the world did this happen? These screws should never have any amount of torque behind them to cause this.

Can you remove the stand-off? It may be easier to replace it all together if you can't remove the threads. 

i know it was weird and i have been using tools since i was 3

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DudeSquad11 said:

i know it was weird and i have been using tools since i was 3

 

Gotta drill it out if you can't use another screw to force it the rest of the way through.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Can you remove the stand-off? It may be easier to replace it all together if you can't remove the threads. 

This ^

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

__________________________________________

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Agall said:

Gotta drill it out if you can't use another screw to force it the rest of the way through.

bet

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not be using drills on a motherboard.

I'd be grabbing a piece of foamy tape and sticking the drive down with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×