LTX Fitness Challenge

hammy

Can't speak for everyone else here, but my diet and exercise regime could use a real kick into gear. Who doesn't want to feel their best meeting tons of new people? On top of that we'll be walking around for hours and then crushing it all night in the convention center. Being in prime physical condition couldn't hurt. 

So I'm issuing a challenge to all the LTX Convention Goers who want to get into shape: we have 149 days until the convention, that's a good chunk of time to shed some extra pounds or build some healthy new habits. 

Whatever your goal, as long as it contributes towards being healthier/fitter, it slots here. Whatever that means for you. I'm shooting to lose 40lbs before the convention and start cooking more and eating out less (I'm hoping my 2XL expo shirt doesn't fit at all). 

If you're in, describe your goal and commit to posting at least once a week to track your progress and report in with the team here. If there's enough interest, I'll start cobbling together some google sheets to track our progress as a group week by week. 

Only commit if you're willing to really "go for it." Like, unironically wearing socks and sandals "go for it."

Best of luck to everyone, super amped for LTX 2019! 

I really love this post. I'm currently working on losing 25 lbs to put myself back into shape :D Best of luck to you Hammy!

We could start a challenge on https://www.dietbet.com/ You win money. I would join. I was already planning on getting in shape for the trip. @CPotter If LMG set it up you would get a kick back. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

What if the inverse is true, and I've already lost the weight and now I'm looking to build 15ish lbs of muscle? ?

21 hours ago, Deltawing457 said:

I really love this post. I'm currently working on losing 25 lbs to put myself back into shape :D Best of luck to you Hammy!

Weight training son. Get on it.

12 hours ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

We could start a challenge on https://www.dietbet.com/ You win money. I would join. I was already planning on getting in shape for the trip. @CPotter If LMG set it up you would get a kick back. 

That's...a very interesting idea. You have to lose 4% of your weight? Or 4% of your goal?

I find too many people focus on the number, and not necessarily what they need to lose.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I lift PC parts daily.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

I'm getting myself back into the swing of things, and while I'll mimic OP's goal of losing 40 lbs by the convention and hopefully drop down below my current 4xl standings, this is just a milestone in my ultimate goal of losing 150 Lbs total. Pizza is my number 1 enemy so wish me luck!

I work construction.  So let's see you guys get all buffed up.

On 2/28/2019 at 8:05 PM, hammy said:

Can't speak for everyone else here, but my diet and exercise regime could use a real kick into gear. Who doesn't want to feel their best meeting tons of new people? On top of that we'll be walking around for hours and then crushing it all night in the convention center. Being in prime physical condition couldn't hurt. 

So I'm issuing a challenge to all the LTX Convention Goers who want to get into shape: we have 149 days until the convention, that's a good chunk of time to shed some extra pounds or build some healthy new habits. 

Whatever your goal, as long as it contributes towards being healthier/fitter, it slots here. Whatever that means for you. I'm shooting to lose 40lbs before the convention and start cooking more and eating out less (I'm hoping my 2XL expo shirt doesn't fit at all). 

If you're in, describe your goal and commit to posting at least once a week to track your progress and report in with the team here. If there's enough interest, I'll start cobbling together some google sheets to track our progress as a group week by week. 

Only commit if you're willing to really "go for it." Like, unironically wearing socks and sandals "go for it."

Best of luck to everyone, super amped for LTX 2019! 

Very cool idea!

I'm trying to get my weight down to 140lbs from 174lbs. I'm currently walking around at 154lbs-ish. The dieting ("Lifestyle Change") has been going well but I really need to start exercising haha.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.