Cheap 5 pack of fans good idea?

BanjoTodd

So i wanna buy some cheap fans and on Amazon i found a cheap 5 pack of RGB fans for 35$ and I'd like to snazzy up my rig and also I currently only have 2 fans and wants things to be a little cooler. My rx580 is staying around 70s ish when playing games such as Apex Legends and i wanna cool down the whole system just a little.

• I am using a Fractal Design G case (i would take out the 2 existings fans to replace with the pack if i buy them so i can use all 5 colored ones)
  • MSI Tomahawk B450 motherboard
  • and a cx550w Corsair power supply

The Fans I am looking to buy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HCZ5WKJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AFRUWVWO3UJ63&th=1

I wouldn't expect that much out of them, but a fan is a fan. This being said I don't really think you need 5 fans.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 minute ago, BobVonBob said:

I wouldn't expect that much out of them, but a fan is a fan. This being said I don't really think you need 5 fans.

But it'd be pretty cool with the lights wouldn't it

Hey if ur into tacky RGBness then sure lol.

but seriosly, for $35 for 5 fans they are likely to be loud, so be prepaired to deal with that.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Looks good. 5 fans for the price of a single overpriced fan.

A fan is just a fan. 

Its suppose to be a dollar item, put a brand and rgb in it and the price went up ten folds.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

You probably don't need to change your fans, the fans that Fractal gave you in your case are probably better than those cheap Amazon ones. 

If nothings broken don't fix it. However, If you're looking to aesthetics go ahead, just be prepared for the potential noise increase.

4 minutes ago, Dave Macaulay said:

You probably don't need to change your fans, the fans that Fractal gave you in your case are probably better than those cheap Amazon ones. 

If nothings broken don't fix it. However, If you're looking to aesthetics go ahead, just be prepared for the potential noise increase.

well i just want a couple more fans should I just get like 1 in the back to pull air out or should i bother putting some on top as well?

Just now, BanjoTodd said:

well i just want a couple more fans should I just get like 1 in the back to pull air out or should i bother putting some on top as well?

Are you experiencing overheating? Or just want another fan because why not?

Looking at the product page they don't include an exhaust fan, so yeah placing a fan to push the hot air out the back of the machine may help, most likely it won't change anything.

I personally use Noctua fans, this one would be suitable for an exhaust: https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F12-chromax-Black-swap-Premium-Grade-Quiet/dp/B07654PNFQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=noctua+fan&qid=1550870352&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

1 minute ago, Dave Macaulay said:

Are you experiencing overheating? Or just want another fan because why not?

Looking at the product page they don't include an exhaust fan, so yeah placing a fan to push the hot air out the back of the machine may help, most likely it won't change anything.

I personally use Noctua fans, this one would be suitable for an exhaust: https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-F12-chromax-Black-swap-Premium-Grade-Quiet/dp/B07654PNFQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=noctua+fan&qid=1550870352&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Honestly it's for why not and I don't know if adding more would cool down my gpu because it's about 75c if I'm playing graphic intense games

Just now, BanjoTodd said:

Honestly it's for why not and I don't know if adding more would cool down my gpu because it's about 75c if I'm playing graphic intense games

It probably won't have an effect on the temperature of the GPU, honestly I'd recommend just saving your money for an upgrade that'll improve gaming performance.

These won't be compatible with your motherboard RGB headers. So no syncing. As fans they are about as good as you can expect from normal budget fans. So if you need fans, rather get 3 good ones than 5 bad ones.

22 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

A fan is just a fan.

Having used all kinds of fans, premium, midrange and budget, I argue they are different. Just difference between budget and midrange is notable in airflow and noise. Quality can be said to be about same, which is why premium fans offer longer warranty to support higher price.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/22/2019 at 2:49 PM, BanjoTodd said:

So i wanna buy some cheap fans and on Amazon i found a cheap 5 pack of RGB fans for 35$ and I'd like to snazzy up my rig and also I currently only have 2 fans and wants things to be a little cooler. My rx580 is staying around 70s ish when playing games such as Apex Legends and i wanna cool down the whole system just a little.

• I am using a Fractal Design G case (i would take out the 2 existings fans to replace with the pack if i buy them so i can use all 5 colored ones)
  • MSI Tomahawk B450 motherboard
  • and a cx550w Corsair power supply

The Fans I am looking to buy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HCZ5WKJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AFRUWVWO3UJ63&amp;th=1

I have 3 of these fans upHere, They are quite And have a lot of airflow for fans that are rated at 1100RPM but don’t get them, get their newer fans it’s cheaper 5 fans for $30 https://www.amazon.com/upHere-Wireless-Airflow-Adjustable-Radiators/dp/B07DHM6SW9/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1550976044&sr=8-2&keywords=uphere+rgb+fans

7E643D82-BA6A-4A73-ABEF-16FAE136E47E.jpeg.fe06198b66bb705e3b1a10dbbca3872c.jpeg

Video of it in AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N1CLM5C?ref=dp_vse_rvc1

My PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Processor (4.4Ghz), MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Gaming 7 WiFi (AMD Ryzen AM4/ X470/ Intel Wave 2 WiFi/M.2), RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15, GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC GV-N1080WF3OC-8GD Graphics Cards, STORAGE: 120GB CRUCIAL SSD, 1TB WD BLUE, COOLER: Cooler Master 212 EVO RGB Black Edition, FANS: 4 x MasterFan MF120R RGB (2 Front, 1 Back, 1 Top), 1 x Noctua NF-P12 Redux 1700 RPM(Back off Cooler), PC CASE: Cooler Master MB500 case, PSU: EVGA 750 BQ.

My Kids PC:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955 (95watt @3.5Ghz @1.40V), MOBO: ASUS M2A-VM, RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 800MHz, GPU: nVidia GT 710 2GB DDR3 (OC’ed Clock to 1300Mhz and Memory to 950Mhz), STORAGE: 250GB HDD, 500GB HDD, COOLER:  Cooler Master 212 EVO, PC CASE: Cooler Master Q300L , FANS: 3 x upHere RED LED Fans (2 Front, 1 Back), PSU: Generic 300 Watt PSU.

Console:  PS4 - vjizzle2384