Ducky One 2 Mini

GabeThePCHelper

I'm looking to get a Ducky One 2 Mini, is it any good?

Best switches??

Also any keycaps that you guys recommend? 

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

Switches are personal preference.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

A lot of people really like it so I guess it's good. Have to tried mechanical switches before? If so do you prefer linear, tactile or clicky switches?

Why do you want to switch out the keycaps? Unless you really want to change them, my suggestion is to save some money and just stick with the stock ones.

It comes with PBT caps, which are my favourite with a really grainy feel.

As far as the main choices go, there are:

Reds: same all around feel, 45 grams of actuation force. They are called linear because there isn't any bump during in the middle of the press.

Browns: 45 grams of actuation force, but it's "tactile, meaning there's a little bump indicating when the key is activated.

Blues: same as browns but with 60 grams of actuation and a bit louder.

This is all personal preference from here on out:

I don't like reds. They bore me and I don't feel the mechanical part as much. However, they are considered "better" for gaming if you're looking at the few miliseconds range.

I like browns because of that tactile bump, and it also helps me type better because I don't need to go all the way down, just until I feel the bump, and I get the mech feeling.

Luke likes blues, Linus prefers browns, and ducky is an excellent brand.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Another vote for Browns... Blues are very loud - beware of annoying neighbors/family members.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

I have one with the MX Silent Red.

The key caps are great, build quality is good, the multiple angle stand is nice to have, the RGB system is awesome if you are kind of RGB person. It's a great keyboard.

Earlier I was about to get between Vortex Pok3r and KBP V60 Type R, but ended up with Ducky One 2 Mini.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

Mx speed (silver) here , like red but with shorter actuation point .  If you use your pc for gaming only take mx red or silver, if you use to work & game , blues or browns 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

In my opinion (And many others share this opinion in the keyboard community), browns are total shit, their tactility is weak and undefined and many people describe it as a broke or scratchy red switches. 

25 minutes ago, b emoji said:

In my opinion (And many others share this opinion in the keyboard community), browns are total shit, their tactility is weak and undefined and many people describe it as a broke or scratchy red switches. 

As a user of browns I can agree that their tactility is very weak, if tactility is one of the main requirements in a keyboard, browns is a bad choice IMO.