How to Add Scripts to Ubuntu's Autostart?

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
#!/bin/bash
cd /home/comp/
./srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_active +map de_dust2 -port 27050 -tickrate 128

Save this as e.g. /home/comp/runcs.sh and make it executable (on the command-line, you'd make it executable with chmod ugoa+x runcs.sh), then run crontab -e, and at the bottom add @reboot /home/comp/runcs.sh

Explanation: cron is a program that basically executes stuff at certain times, crontab -e allows you to add or remove things for it to run. @reboot tells cron to run the following command when the PC has finished booting up, so your CS-script will run then.

Hey guys,
I'm trying to setup a few CSGO server and the first server is working but it won't start after linux reboots.

Can somebody explain a simple way to add the .sh script to the autostart?

I'm a total noob btw, my knowledge only reaches cd, mkdir command and stuff like that.

The server is running Ubuntu 18.04 and I've got a gui.

Please help

cd /
cd /home/comp/
./srcds_run -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_active +map de_dust2 -port 27050 -tickrate 128

This is the code, btw

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/comp/

Save this as e.g. /home/comp/runcs.sh and make it executable (on the command-line, you'd make it executable with chmod ugoa+x runcs.sh), then run crontab -e, and at the bottom add @reboot /home/comp/runcs.sh

Explanation: cron is a program that basically executes stuff at certain times, crontab -e allows you to add or remove things for it to run. @reboot tells cron to run the following command when the PC has finished booting up, so your CS-script will run then.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

48 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/comp/

i'm pretty sure i'm doing somthing wrong when I try to save the crontab -e
i'm getting this error: E37: No write since last change (add ! tp override)

How do I save and quit the nano file editor? ctrl o and ctrl x don't seem to work for me.

I'm really new to ubuntu and the terminal. Please give me detailed steps

edit: missspelled nano

crontab error.jpg

Looks like it defaults to vi; press i to be able to edit, esc to quit the mode, then do :wq to save and quit

Or to use nano you can run: EDITOR=nano crontab -e

🙂

Just now, duncannah said:

Looks like it defaults to vi; press i to be able to edit, esc to quit the mode, then do :wq to save and quit

What is :wq?

2 minutes ago, duncannah said:

Or to use nano you can run: EDITOR=nano crontab -e

OMG, Thanks a lot, Love you!

The proper way to do this is using systemd service but whatever, cron will still do the job... Nevertheless is part of systemd anyway