Moto G or Nexus 5? [POLL]

Ok guys , so Im planning to buy my first android smartphone. There are 2 phones that Im interested in the moto G and the Nexus 5. Nexus 5 cost like $500 in here , while the moto G is about to be released but I still don't know the price yet but I'll predict that it will be sold like <$300 here for 16gb. I'll play several heavy games like real racing 3 and probably light games. I'm not kind of a big mobile gamer. I'm probably a power user , since I'll browse the web several times. We don't have LTE ready yet here but LTE would be optional since I rarely hangout with friends and use wifi more than mobile data. I'm not a power photographer too, but a decent camera would be fine for me.

Edit :

I forgot 1 thing , Im actually about to buy a gaming pc that would cost me like $1000 for full PC setup. So I'm really on a tight budget for a smartphone since I'm still using a blackberry which suck balls. So what do you guys think? Nexus 5 then wait for a few more months or Moto G that I could only wait for a few months less than buying nexus 5 to buy gaming pc?

Edited by IamNewie

I use my moto g for almost all day and the battery lasts, I play games like Real Racing 8 and some light indie style games like Trampoline Man. No lag what so ever, love it.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

^poll

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

The Nexus is the clear winner.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Moto G vs Nexus 5 is like comparing fast food to $100 food from a 5 star restaurant. Nexus 5 has the best stats for it's price range and it's basically the best phone for the money at the moment

I'm so happy, the Moto X will be in the UK on the 1st, ny next phone definitely. Screw the Nexus 5; the battery is terrible (or so I hear).

Compatible with Windows 95

I'm so happy, the Moto X will be in the UK on the 1st, ny next phone definitely. Screw the Nexus 5; the battery is terrible (or so I hear).

so you hear, that is outdated information, the 4.4.2 update has improved it's battery life and picture quality

so you hear, that is outdated information, the 4.4.2 update has improved it's battery life and picture quality

Ooh, I'll have to give my mate's one another try then. I like it, but I prefer the smaller size of mu current phone (Sony Xperia S), which the Moto X pretty much is the same as.

Compatible with Windows 95

Ooh, I'll have to give my mate's one another try then. I like it, but I prefer the smaller size of mu current phone (Sony Xperia S), which the Moto X pretty much is the same as.

yeah that's one of the main selling points with the Moto X, but you should give some time to get used to the size of any phone

First off. I have a nexus and my neighbour the g.

monday i came back from school. had heared some songs and mad a  few pictures there. at home I checked facebook and stuff and then(around 4pm) i looked at the battery-info and i still had 95%.. 

last night i didn't reload and it was a long day.. i took several videos and make a lot of pictures. i heared 15min music too and today the same. now at 5:22 the battery is over 30%. 

i think thats quite good.

wow... pretty empty here...

One more question then , Which colour to get ? White or Black? I got a sweaty hand disease so I don't want my phone to be full of grease and look disgusting

One more question then , Which colour to get ? White or Black? I got a sweaty hand disease so I don't want my phone to be full of grease and look disgusting

black, it has matte all around it not the shiny sides like on white. my black nexus 5 doesnt have any fingerprints and i love it.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

It depends, if you want something smaller and cheaper get the Moto G, if you want the best of the best get the Nexus 5. For a first time android user there isn't much difference, the skin on the Moto G is almost undetectable.

i'm a potato

The Nexus 5 is much, much much better (not taking price into consideration).

Better camera, much better CPU, much better GPU, the screen is so much better (not just sharpness thanks to higher PPi but accuracy as well), more RAM, updates straight from Google, most likely better third party dev support as well, wireless charging, NFC, 5GHz WiFi, 802.11ac WiFi, bigger screen... I could go on but you get the point.

I've edit the main post so I'm reconsidering my decision

I think the Moto G. The Moto G has a good quad core Snapdragon 1.2GHz, very good for its price. It has a pretty good 329ppi 1280x720 screen, and a 2070 mAH battery, which can last over 24 hrs continuous use. All of this for only 175-200 bucks. Nexus, like the others said, have other better features, but way to expensive. If you don`t need all those fancy features, get a Moto G, like I am trying to save for now.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D