need a headset with high quality mic

themaniac

you wont get any help in the audio subforum, its just a bunch of kids flaming saying to get headphones. post it under peripherals.

ok thanks

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

if you absolutely want a headset instead of headphones and a separate mic, get Sennheiser PC360's. Good sound (based off of HD558), and the mic is pretty good. Of course, it's nothing compared to my Blue Snowball, but it is one of the best headset mics. and if you're completely rowdy, those new Audio-Technica headsets are good (but HORRIBLY overpriced)

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

you wont get any help in the audio subforum, its just a bunch of kids flaming saying to get headphones. post it under peripherals.

very mature, very helpful :rolleyes: 

The op asked for headset with a high quality mic, the fact of the matter is that what constitutes a high quality mic is subjective, and from most peoples experiences the USB mics are far superior to majority headsets. So how on earth did you come to the conclusion that rational advice is not helpful? Is it because you disagree? If so the best thing to do is say so and explain why rather than just an unhelpful and insulting post.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

very mature, very helpful :rolleyes:

The op asked for headset with a high quality mic, the fact of the matter is that what constitutes a high quality mic is subjective, and from most peoples experiences the USB mics are far superior to majority headsets. So how on earth did you come to the conclusion that rational advice is not helpful? Is it because you disagree? If so the best thing to do is say so and explain why rather than just an unhelpful and insulting post.

you one of those kids trolling on here that wont give any headset suggestions and just automatically say to get headphones?

you one of those kids trolling on here that wont give any headset suggestions and just automatically say to get headphones?

Really? you've made two posts on this thread and neither one was a helpful suggestion.  At least other people are making an effort and suggesting what they believe is the best option.  All you've done is ridicule them and now troll. If you can't post without insulting someone then you clearly have nothing important to say.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Do you even know why we recommend headphones and mic instead of headsets? 

if you absolutely want a headset instead of headphones and a separate mic, get Sennheiser PC360's. Good sound (based off of HD558), and the mic is pretty good. Of course, it's nothing compared to my Blue Snowball, but it is one of the best headset mics. and if you're completely rowdy, those new Audio-Technica headsets are good (but HORRIBLY overpriced)

ok thanks I look into the pc360

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Do you even know why we recommend headphones and mic instead of headsets? 

because ur not a gamer

AT's new gaming headsets have EXCELLENT microphones. I'm really impressed.

Linus

I disagree with this statement. If anything this was one of the most respectful and positive threads I've seen about a topic like this in the audio forum in a while. People were giving suggestions, and no one was name calling until you started it, Dylan... Not cool, man.

This isn't about "audio subforum vs other subforums". It's about us all working together to make this place awesome.

You may not want to hear this ,but do you think it's possible the audio subforum is *right* about the things they say sometimes? Headphones and a microphone is an objectively better solution. It's not perfect for everyone (some people really want an integrated unit) but from a sheer value and quality perspective, it's a better choice.

AT's new gaming headsets have EXCELLENT microphones. I'm really impressed.

Linus

thanks linus one question why don't you do mic tests in your headset reviews

Spoiler

His newer videos have been adding in a mic test snippit.

ok I haven't seen them yet  

Spoiler

I disagree with this statement. If anything this was one of the most respectful and positive threads I've seen about a topic like this in the audio forum in a while. People were giving suggestions, and no one was name calling until you started it, Dylan... Not cool, man.

This isn't about "audio subforum vs other subforums". It's about us all working together to make this place awesome.

You may not want to hear this ,but do you think it's possible the audio subforum is *right* about the things they say sometimes? Headphones and a microphone is an objectively better solution. It's not perfect for everyone (some people really want an integrated unit) but from a sheer value and quality perspective, it's a better choice.

obviously its better quality but its not convenient for gamers who just want a high quality headset instead of a trash one like turtle beach. most gamers prefer to just have a headset and when anyone makes a thread asking for headset recommendations they just get flamed instantly. for people who just listen to music sure get sennheisers.

ok I haven't seen them yet  

Check out his review of the Steelseries H @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-6uYPrWbQ 

I do believe he has audio snippits in that and the Astro & Corsair videos he is comparing this one with.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

obviously its better quality but its not convenient for gamers who just want a high quality headset instead of a trash one like turtle beach. most gamers prefer to just have a headset and when anyone makes a thread asking for headset recommendations they just get flamed instantly. for people who just listen to music sure get sennheisers.

if you think the people here are flaming, a friend of mine would be the sun. 

Check out his review of the Steelseries H @ 

I do believe he has audio snippits in that and the Astro & Corsair videos he is comparing this one with.

ok thanks I check the other one out to

Spoiler

because ur not a gamer

I might not be a hardcore gamer, but I play some games every now and again, some FPS games included. but "gaming" headsets aren't any better for gaming compared to something like a Pioneer SE-A1000. If you have seen Audio-Technica's new "gaming headsets", you'll see that they're based on Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X and A700X. this is because these have the best soundstage for gaming. a lot "gaming headsets" are infact closed or semi-closed, giving them worse soundstages, and less accurate mids and highs. Open headphones like those Audio-Technicas I mentioned, and Sennheiser HD558, 598, and ofcourse several more, sound better than gaming headsets, are better built, and are usually better than gaming headsets at providing positional audio for FPS games. dedicated mics sound better, and if you break your mic, you don't need entire new headsets, you can just get the mic. 

I might not be a hardcore gamer, but I play some games every now and again, some FPS games included. but "gaming" headsets aren't any better for gaming compared to something like a Pioneer SE-A1000. If you have seen Audio-Technica's new "gaming headsets", you'll see that they're based on Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X and A700X. this is because these have the best soundstage for gaming. a lot "gaming headsets" are infact closed or semi-closed, giving them worse soundstages, and less accurate mids and highs. Open headphones like those Audio-Technicas I mentioned, and Sennheiser HD558, 598, and ofcourse several more, sound better than gaming headsets, are better built, and are usually better than gaming headsets at providing positional audio for FPS games. dedicated mics sound better, and if you break your mic, you don't need entire new headsets, you can just get the mic. 

why do people keep saying to get pioneer? in the amazon picture it looks super flimsy http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61SI860WsIL._SL1500_.jpg look at the left side where the headband connects into it

why do people keep saying to get pioneer? in the amazon picture it looks super flimsy http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61SI860WsIL._SL1500_.jpg look at the left side where the headband connects into it

I'm going to guess that ... hmm gee ... they've actually used them before?

Siberia V2

the siberia has a pretty bad very tinny microphone

if you are FPS gaming then almost all gaming branded headsets are pretty bad. heavily reliant on the virtualizers to artificially open up staging which in turn make the sound turn mushy

the siberia has a pretty bad very tinny microphone

if you are FPS gaming then almost all gaming branded headsets are pretty bad. heavily reliant on the virtualizers to artificially open up staging which in turn make the sound turn mushy

I quess I should of said this in the original post I don't care if it is a gaming headset or not as long as the mic has good quality

Spoiler

I'm going to guess that ... hmm gee ... they've actually used them before?

no they havent.