need a headset with high quality mic

themaniac

basically I need a headset with a high quality mic that not over $150

has to be analog not usb separate wires for mic and speakers

Edited by themaniac
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I say this in every thread but headphones + mic will crush any gaming headset. What are you using these for?

Spoiler

although i think that buying headphones and a mic is better, if you need a headset i would recommend the vengeance 2100. One of my friends recently got it and the mic sounded pretty damn decent on teamspeak however the 2100 cannot be used on consoles (you never stated if it was for a console or a pc)

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

If it has to be headset i would say 2100. Vengance 2100. If it can be a headphone+ mic good 100$ pair of headphones and blue snowball. 

although i think that buying headphones and a mic is better, if you need a headset i would recommend the vengeance 2100. One of my friends recently got it and the mic sounded pretty damn decent on teamspeak however the 2100 cannot be used on consoles (you never stated if it was for a console or a pc)

it's for pc

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

I say this in every thread but headphones + mic will crush any gaming headset. What are you using these for?

I'm using them for youtube

Spoiler

ath m50's with a blue snowflake?
i known the snowflake is USB but its quite the microphone

M50's are gross from their current price, the 440's with 840 pads are better. 

I think I might have mislead you but I need a headset with a mic attached to it that's high quality

Spoiler

M50's are gross from their current price, the 440's with 840 pads are better. 

ok true.

I think I might have mislead you but I need a headset with a mic attached to it that's high quality

ok get the shure 440's as suggested by Emorarity and a modmic i guess

why does the mic have to be attached?

Believe it or not turtle beach headsets have never been known for skimping out on their mics. Along with Corsair headsets. I personally have experience with both so I can give you my thumbs up for those. :)

ok true.

ok get the shure 440's as suggested by Emorarity and a modmic i guess

why does the mic have to be attached?

A so it won't get in the way and B I just like headsets with mics attached to them

Spoiler

>Headset.

>Quality.

iEOt9bO.gif

Why thank you for this gif

Believe it or not turtle beach headsets have never been known for skimping out on their mics. Along with Corsair headsets. I personally have experience with both so I can give you my thumbs up for those. :)

I have a set of turtle beaches somewhere and the mic is amazing

I have a set of turtle beaches somewhere and the mic is amazing

do you know what turtle beach headset it is

Spoiler

A so it won't get in the way and B I just like headsets with mics attached to them

modmic or the zalman clip on will be your only choices really if u want a high end mic with good headphones.

modmic or the zalman clip on will be your only choices really if u want a high end mic with good headphones.

I'm working on a build and I want it to be in pcpartpicker so I don't have to buy it separately when I buy my computer here's the build so far http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2BVeG

Spoiler

I'm working on a build and I want it to be in pcpartpicker so I don't have to buy it separately when I buy my computer here's the build so far http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2BVeG

ok itseems like you are taking this youtube thing seriously with that build so im going to have to say you REALLY need to get a standalone mic. almost every pro youtuber has a nice mic and i can tell you tright now they are using things like blue yeti's and AT 2020's not their attached mic for a reason. they really dont get in the way

plus with the kind of PC you are building you definitly have the budget for it

ok itseems like you are taking this youtube thing seriously with that build so im going to have to say you REALLY need to get a standalone mic. almost every pro youtuber has a nice mic and i can tell you tright now they are using things like blue yeti's and AT 2020's not their attached mic for a reason. they really dont get in the way

plus with the kind of PC you are building you definitly have the budget for it

ok but for now I would like to have a headset with a high quality mic for the time being here's my youtube channel if your curios https://www.youtube.com/user/TheManiac201

Spoiler

No idea if you can still get them but theyre the X12's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFTeLEPZpUY microphone test video

thanks

Spoiler

If you are sure that you will not consider standalone mic, the I would look at the Sennheiser G4me and the other model (don't remember the model name). I don't know if they're out yet, but they seem to be quite good.

Everything I post is based of bits and pieces I've read somewhere else.

I have most likely never tested any of the things I recommend or advise against.

Think of me as a information relay, I read it, process it, then post it. 

you wont get any help in the audio subforum, its just a bunch of kids flaming saying to get headphones. post it under peripherals.