What Is 'The Matrix'

Snapy1

Okay so I was over on the hidden wiki (via Tor) and I saw 'The Matrix - nice to read' under editors picks a million times, so I decided to click on it for once, its confusing, I read the whole thing, and its pretty overwhelming, so can someone just give me a good explanation of what it is. 

Thanks,

~Snapy

PS: Heres what the explanation that the hidden wiki gave me, its confusing.

g3jKrbg.png

The matrix is a matrix. Nuff said.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

This is the Matrix

url-71.gif

No. That's the source code for Netstat. Which was used in the Matrix movies for the green text.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This is the Matrix

url-71.gif

Has anyone else noticed that the Matrix appears to only display stuff  in: Binary, English and Japanese.  Does this mean anything?

I got sent to prison after following Linus' instructions to #Makebombs

Forum's resident nihilist.

A JRPG just wouldn't be a JRPG if it didn't end with teenagers using the power of friendship to kill God.

Has anyone else noticed that the Matrix appears to only display stuff  in: Binary, English and Japanese.  Does this mean anything?

That's the source code for Netstat. Which was used in the Matrix movies for the green text.

Netstat is short for Network Statistics and is the code used to give you the info about your network connection via the Command Prompt. Netstat is the command.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

My smartphone's live wallpaper.

Signatures are stupid.

Okay, so by matrix I do not mean the green text from the movie. I mean this...!

g3jKrbg.png

Look up idealism.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Basically, machines got sentient, a war broke out, they were winning, they were using the sun as a power source, the humans blocked out the sun with huge artificial clouds which caused all plant life to die out and the Earth's temperature got too cold for humans to live there. Also, the machines found a new power source, they entrapped humans to used their body temperature, or their brain's electric signals, I don't remember, but I think it's the latter. So in order to keep their brains active, they made the Matrix, an artificial reality. It was not perfect though, some people were subconsciously aware that there's something wrong and they started waking up. They built a city called Zion near the core of the Earth where it's still warm, and started "jacking in" the matrix to free more people. Neo is "The One", who is prophesied to bend the matrix to his will and do anything. If I go any further it's major spoiler territory.

Okay, so by matrix I do not mean the green text from the movie.

Btw, the green text is just the representation of the matrix from the outside world. It's what the operators look at.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Okay, so by matrix I do not mean the green text from the movie. I mean this...!

-snip-

Oh, you meant THAT Matrix.

The Matrix is essentially the constructs of Man to make himself better, but inevitably grow to the point that Man cannot control it and instead becomes subordinate to it, being suppressed.

If you think that one day, Humanity will reach the point where we are all One Consciousness (equivalent thereof, the "ultimate achievement") by our own actions, I would argue you are wrong because the Matrix exists.

The very things we build to try and bring Humanity to a "new level" of existence (to make us better than we were) are the very things that are our downfall and hold us where we are (i.e. all the big organizations that seek their own improvement rather than human improvement).

Anything we produce to make us more than we are inevitably forsakes us and uses us to achieve it's own goals basically.

To put it in a more "imaginable" way, imagine you create an Android to help you accomplish more, but then the Android becomes smart enough to make you his slave. Thus your positions inevitably switch and you begin serving him to achieve his own goals.

That's the Matrix. The machines we keep making (where machine means large construct, it's vague for a reason) to improve us, that ultimately destroy us.

Reverse Deus ex Machina much?

† Christian Member †

Morpheus: The Matrix is every were ,it is all around us ,even now in this very room ,you can see it when you

look out you're window ,or when you turn on you're television .

You can feel it ,when you go to work ,when you go to church ,when you pay you're taxes .

It is the world that has been pulled over you're eyes to blind you from the truth .

Neo: What truth ?

Morpheus: That you are a slave Neo ,like every 1 else you where born into bondage ,born into a prison that you ,can not smell ,or taste or taste . A prison for you're mind .

Unfortunately no 1 can be told what the Matrix is ,you have to see it for you're self .

What Is The Matrix ?

The Matrix is a computer generated dream world ,built to keep us under control ,in order to change a human bean into this .

duracell_matrix.jpg

My suggestion to you would be to watch the 3 movies then watch Animatrix . If you still don't get it - After you watch the Animatrix it should show you the meaning of what it is. Have fun . :) :) :)

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

The Matrix is Kabbalah/gnostic teachings from Larry (now Lana after the sexchange). The only people that got it were into things like Thelema/Kabbalah. They talk though. Mass Effect 3 was the same thing. Ascension to "godhood". The "architect" is "God" and so is the reaper Sovereign. Leviathan/Agent Smith is the devil, and Javik even says this in the ME3 game. 

Neo literally means "new" man. Shepard is messianic. Compare the architect to Sovereign. Compare the star child in ME3 to the star child in 2001 which was also about ascension. You aren't supposed to understand any of the films or games, because you are not into occult BS. 

You also have other theology built in to the matrix. Merovingian married to Persephone (a statue of Persephone is on on top of the capitol building). The name "Trinity" (Neo has become a "god"), Sol (sun) in the background written on walls in scenes in the Matrix, and the end of the Matrix showing a little girl and the oracle staring at the SUN when talking about the Sun king/god Neo.

Do a google search on Kabbalah Matrix. The "indoctrination theory" in ME3 is a red herring. You will understand both the Matrix and Mass Effect 3. Same story, Differrent Kabbalah writer. 

http://seventhmatrix.tripod.com/index_3.htm

Starting to get it now?

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

The matrix (movie) is obviously very representative of the search for truth and purpose. Sometimes the truth we find isn't the truth we want, so some people form other realities to mask the real truth while others accept it whole heatedly. I would love for Pokemon to exist! they're so cute and interesting concepts, but instead of lulling myself into believing that there may be some out there, I have accepted that there is no probably evidence. 

Humans form alternative realities to help them cope with loss and disappointment, it's just in our nature to do so. Neo decided to embark on the quest for the absolute truth (which is an impossible term) when he was given a choice in the matter. 

just my take on it :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

I don't think he was ever talking about the movie. Like, at all.

The only way the movie is related is that it is a physical representation explaining what the philosophy "The Matrix" is. Since it's hard to comprehend if you don't already understand it.

† Christian Member †

I don't think he was ever talking about the movie. Like, at all.

The only way the movie is related is that it is a physical representation explaining what the philosophy "The Matrix" is. Since it's hard to comprehend if you don't already understand it.

I thought he was though....oh well :P

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Fools, no one can be told what The Matrix is! 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Fools, no one can be told what The Matrix is! 

I don't know if you're ready to see what I want to show you, but unfortunately, you and I have run out of time.

matrix-keanu-reeves-dvd-cover-art.jpg

This is the Matrix

url-71.gif

i got a program from my cousin which basically ran this full screen so i would go to school and run it and everyone would think i was doing some uber haxooor shiz

Who knows what the Matrix represents. We don't know because the creators of the series have not told us what it meant to them. Or what it was meant to be. Everything else is conjecture.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless