Video codec for fast scrubing in Adobe Premier

Does anyone know of fast codecs that allow easy scrubing in premier on processors like a AMD Phemon II x6 processor

do you care about quality?

becuase the scrubbing speed with be down to your pc's speed and not really the codec

5 minutes ago, Aiden Wilkins said:

Does anyone know of fast codecs that allow easy scrubing in premier on processors like a AMD Phemon II x6 processor

I have luck and I think Linus uses cineform. Have you tried that one?

no i dont care about quality as long as its not so pixilated i cant figure out what is on screen

Just now, Aiden Wilkins said:

no i dont care about quality as long as its not so pixilated i cant figure out what is on screen

then just render your project in a lower resolution and bitrate so the machine can scrub through it faster

you basically should be doing everything with h264 anyway so just bring the file down to something the machine can work with , and or , set the preview quality in premiere lower.

h.264 is bad for scrub performance. Cineform should perform much better.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

MP4 is a CONTAINER, it contains video and audio and other crap. Other container examples: AVI , MKV, TS (short for transport stream) etc

x264 is a software codec , a compressor, which creates video files encoded in the H264 standard. MPEG-2 , VC1, VP9 are other video codecs, compression standards.

MP4 can contain videos encoded using the H264 standard or other standards...  so the statement  "MP4 is hard for cpu to decode" is silly, because it really depends on what's inside the MP4 container and how well the software handles what's inside.

A movie player like Media Player Classic Home Cinema can open MP4 files and decode the video using the video card, so your CPU would be practically unused. It's Premiere's fault that it's not capable of handling MP4 files well.

You can use various transcoding tools to convert your recordings to other formats, using various codecs.

See for example Adobe Media Encoder CC : https://www.adobe.com/products/media-encoder.html

Here's a random search result for using Adobe Media Encoder with Cineform codec

• 2 weeks later...

For the Fastest codec - looks things have change a little now.

check out this codec called "daniel 2 codec" - it is GPU based