1070 and 1050 in one system, how can I get the best performance?

SyniZure

I already had an Asus 1070 Turbo I installed and I recently installed a Zotac 1050, sometimes I feel like it gives me more performance and other times I feel like I'm bottlenecking my 1070. Initially my performance was slightly decreased because of the 1050 but I moved my M.2 SSD to the other slot and my performance seems to be better than it was before. My motherboard is the Asus ROG Maximus IX Code, so it has two x16 pcie slots, which I have the gpus installed in. I initially had my SSD installed in the M.2 slot which is hidden under the ROG symbol panel but moved it to the m.2 slot on the bottom of the motherboard which requires a bracket, and that seems to have increased my performance. How can I best configure my hardware and my settings to get the most out of this setup?

You need two of the same GPUs to run SLI. A 1070 and 1050 cannot be ran in SLI. Any performance benefits or hits you feel are likely placebo or caused by something else.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Yeah, so just like @Cereal5 said, you won't get any performance benefits from having two different GPUs installed in the same system, at least not as far as basic consumer applications are concerned. Drop the 1050 and stick the M2 SSD in any M2 slot and you're good to go

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

That's a negative, ghostrider.

Jar_Jar_SWSB.png

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

You could assign the 1050 to PhysX.

i7-7700k | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB 3100MHz | Prime Z270-AR

2 hours ago, SyniZure said:

I already had an Asus 1070 Turbo I installed and I recently installed a Zotac 1050, sometimes I feel like it gives me more performance and other times I feel like I'm bottlenecking my 1070. Initially my performance was slightly decreased because of the 1050 but I moved my M.2 SSD to the other slot and my performance seems to be better than it was before. My motherboard is the Asus ROG Maximus IX Code, so it has two x16 pcie slots, which I have the gpus installed in. I initially had my SSD installed in the M.2 slot which is hidden under the ROG symbol panel but moved it to the m.2 slot on the bottom of the motherboard which requires a bracket, and that seems to have increased my performance. How can I best configure my hardware and my settings to get the most out of this setup?

The 1050 is not complimenting the 1070 in any way right now. The only thing you could probably use that 1050 for is physx, which might not be useful all the time.

Damn....