is it true that DuckDuckGo doesn't collect any of their user's data????

Jaok

I've been using DDG for years now, as well as firefox with a few plugins to block ads/cookies/scripts.. I can even block those annoying facebook pixel trackers... When an ad goes get passed the multitude of prevention measures... it's often some in weird language due to my VPN.  :)

I can't say for certain that i can block everything... But I make whatever data they do collect as near to useless as possible.

It has worked... if you knew my real name and country/town of origin... you could google me and find nothing.  :)

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

3 minutes ago, quakeguy81 said:

Without Google you wouldn't have Android on smart phones.

And you wouldn’t be able to google youtube...

you would have to bing YouTube.. 

oh wait 

Spoiler

BA865163-0D20-4E1E-AA5C-4719E8DED52D.jpeg.c01694aaec568c236e44ea4b40fa7116.jpeg

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

10 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Google is the worst company ever!

I’m pretty sure that title goes to Bethesda and Apple

just sayin

Google owns more then just other companies.

They own your DATA!

They team up with Faceplant and they know more then you know about yourself, I am not joking there fellas.

Just now, Canada EH said:

Do you speak out the words you type?

;)

Yeah, I’ll be typing “lol” while sitting in the library and I’ll just scream “LOL” as loud as I can

/s

just typin

13 hours ago, Neftex said:

that wont help at all dude, the tracking is on the websites you visit, doesnt matter which search engine you used to get to that site

block the tracking.......?

She/Her

8 hours ago, quakeguy81 said:

Without Google you wouldn't have Android on smart phones.

Sorry about Godwin, but it's like saying we wouldn't have the Autobahn without Hitler. Youtube was just bought by Google and frankly, it was a lot more pleasant in 2005, before Google got involved. And remember Google Video? Ha, ha.

Also, all that talk about adsense and trackers and cookies and stuff from the first page. You guys do realize that it's possible to just block all of it? I even have an add-on that deletes cookies from websites I haven't white listed as soon as I close their tabs. Sure, you can't be 100% secure on the Internet, but that doesn't mean you should accept 0% security, either.