Unedited Secret Shopper Calls

Orange The Hacker

I'm watching Linus interview Janice right now and I just think it would be really cool if we could get full unedited footage of the calls for those of us who really do want to fully experience what the tech support experience was like for each brand.

6 minutes ago, Orange The Hacker said:

I'm watching Linus interview Janice right now and I just think it would be really cool if we could get full unedited footage of the calls for those of us who really do want to fully experience what the tech support experience was like for each brand.

It is staged, to maximize the monetary content.

You legitimately want to listen to a dell rep for over an hour straight?

You could just stab yourself in the abdomen, it would be more convenient.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

that's an interesting way to say "edited down to keep the relevant parts" ._.

I'd go with, 'edited to stop you falling asleep or listening to 30 minutes of hold music' 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

7 hours ago, Canada EH said:

It is staged, to maximize the monetary content.

Time to provide the evidence 

Spoiler

If this wasn't a joke of course 

I don't think anyone would actually want to watch that so it is just a waste of the precious bandwidth to upload it.

5 hours ago, NeuesTestament said:

I don't think anyone would actually want to watch that so it is just a waste of the precious bandwidth to upload it.

Yeah if discord is to be believed, that stuff doesn't grow on trees!

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

There are already legal issues with recording calls (same with prank videos and anything where person is recorded without their consent and then released unedited (without blur or voice distortion)). Linus said this in WAN Show where they talked about the series. All of the companies in question would have legitimate reason to copyright-strike those videos for invasion of privacy. Which they didn't, but in fact acted with honor, giving out apologies for their support and sales staffs actions.

So releasing full, unedited calls is nope. If you want same experience, just call them yourself.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

There are already legal issues with recording calls (same with prank videos and anything where person is recorded without their consent and then released unedited (without blur or voice distortion)). Linus said this in WAN Show where they talked about the series. All of the companies in question would have legitimate reason to copyright-strike those videos for invasion of privacy. Which they didn't, but in fact acted with honor, giving out apologies for their support and sales staffs actions.

So releasing full, unedited calls is nope. If you want same experience, just call them yourself.

Correct me if I am wrong but I heard from a copyright lawyer that copyright strikes are strictly for copyright infringment and it is not allowed to use them to get Videos taking down for violating other things

1 minute ago, NeuesTestament said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I heard from a copyright lawyer that copyright strikes are strictly for copyright infringment and it is not allowed to use them to get Videos taking down for violating other things

That is true, but YT doesn't have system to verify it. Since its automated, companies can make claim and video is taken down or de-monetize during investigation. Still hurts LMG's, or other youtubers, revenue and makes their point clear. They did talk about those companies options too, considering LMG is Canadian company and most of those OEMs operate only in US. Dell could sue them in Canada too as they probably have local office.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

that's an interesting way to say "edited down to keep the relevant parts" ._.

Those are the facts, Linus requires to make money to keep his empire afloat.

He puts on a show for his audience, like the silly facial expressions and the click bait titles.

Betcha he's still driving a "show" vehicle so his audience would still make donations. Keeping the pink lambo too keep up appearences.

5 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

dude what's with your corporate-greed bent against LTT these days?

Yeah.. I've been noticing that too, a lot of their posts in threads about Linus have been more or less this way.. Treated them as jokes until recently.

I guess when you get to the level of Linus there'll be a few people who would hate on every thing you do.