Steam account got hijacked?

Vod

Hello!

So today I was trying to log into my steam account, I typed in the name and password but I got an error that my name or password is wrong, I thougt i just typed in the wrong pssword when I got the error again.

I tried changing my password.

When it asked me to type in an username, email, or phone number I typed in my email, and there was an error, that email didn't have an account.

I typed in the name and it worked, than I was I chould send an verification code to an email that starts with an C, but I don't remember making any account starting with the letter C.

So I came to the conclusion it got hijacked, but just in case, I have a bad memory and I did make an email stating with C, is there a way to check for the full email?

And what should I do?

23 minutes ago, Vod said:

<snip>

As mentioned, you will need to contact Steam and explain you situation. They deal with this all the time.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

This happened to me about a month ago, I contacted Steam and they fixed it.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

2 minutes ago, Wingfan said:

This happened to me about a month ago, I contacted Steam and they fixed it.

24 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

As mentioned, you will need to contact Steam and explain you situation. They deal with this all the time.

Yeah but WHERE can I contact them? Email? Number?

2 minutes ago, Vod said:

Yeah but WHERE can I contact them? Email? Number?

Support Site;

https://help.steampowered.com/en/

Stolen account help;

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithAccountStolen

Just follow the instructions and this will get you where you need to go

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Support Site;

https://help.steampowered.com/en/

Stolen account help;

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithAccountStolen

Just follow the instructions and this will get you where you need to go

It asks me should they send a verification code to this email, but ive never seen it ever!

Screenshot_408.png.516fcf92d7fd65326f78e729162bd677.png

If you have a physical copy of a game tied to your account (which is actually an interesting safety measure), take a photo of the CD/DVD and its game key and send it to Steam support explaining the situation. I recovered one hijacked account this way in matter of hours.

If i chose the second option I have to log in with paypal, but I've used an gift card to buy a game (cs:go) and I have already used my Paypal account on another account,

Screenshot_409.png

Forgot to mention I bought a game (csgo) and I can log in with paypal as proof too, but I've used that same paypal account on an other account way before so I don't know if that is going to interfier with something.

Maybe try with another email or steam account? If you get to steam support they will most likely sort it out.

22 hours ago, Vod said:

If i chose the second option I have to log in with paypal, but I've used an gift card to buy a game (cs:go) and I have already used my Paypal account on another account,

Screenshot_409.png

And? It doesn't matter. Just login with the PayPal account you used on Nov 26.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

-= Topics Merged =-

Posting multiple topics will not get you more or better answers, lets keep the topic of discussioni n one single thread...

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER