Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dear Linus Media Group staff

I just wanted to say 2 things:

1. I love the videos that you are making.

2. someone is impersonating you. i just commented on your video of the Asus graphics card in CES, and i got invited to a google photos album with this title: "iPhone Xs Giveaway and Much More !! See link in comment!" now i believed it at first, but then i saw that the photo id of the user does not match your photo id.

this is the user that invited me: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a/AA64fgo31SdRpb56Kvfz5HN8VIA6FOdYHZrQTSqWkaA=s32-p-no

and this is your photo id: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a-/AAuE7mAITGRsq6OXv8vhQ5kpsPVzIzaJES495O8aCXrKhg=s36-p-k-rw-no-il

so i just wanted to warn you about it, just in case someone actually believes it's you.

thank you and keep the videos coming,

ofir aviel

Could you post an actual link rather than the channel image? A user name would help. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

7 minutes ago, Ofir aviel said:

I just wanted to say 2 things:

1. I love the videos that you are making.

2. someone is impersonating you. i just commented on your video of the Asus graphics card in CES, and i got invited to a google photos album with this title: "iPhone Xs Giveaway and Much More !! See link in comment!" now i believed it at first, but then i saw that the photo id of the user does not match your photo id.

this is the user that invited me: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a/AA64fgo31SdRpb56Kvfz5HN8VIA6FOdYHZrQTSqWkaA=s32-p-no

and this is your photo id: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a-/AAuE7mAITGRsq6OXv8vhQ5kpsPVzIzaJES495O8aCXrKhg=s36-p-k-rw-no-il

so i just wanted to warn you about it, just in case someone actually believes it's you.

thank you and keep the videos coming,

ofir aviel

This is already a known thing. There was a PSA up about it a week or 2 ago. Maybe @colonel_mortis could put it back up again?

PSU Tier List Thread

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

"White Ice"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

16 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Could you post an actual link rather than the channel image? A user name would help. 

i cant find a way to find the username homepage, but this is the google photos link: [link_removed]

1 hour ago, Ofir aviel said:

i cant find a way to find the username homepage, but this is the google photos link: ---

please remove the link. its going to contain a virus or something malicious most likely. 

Edited by colonel_mortis
link removed

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-16-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

please remove the link. its going to contain a virus or something malicious most likely. 

I removed the link, BUT, it's not going to have a virus because it's a Google domain

16 minutes ago, Ofir aviel said:

I removed the link, BUT, it's not going to have a virus because it's a Google domain

Not always true.  Common ways to host virii are to hide a virus inside images/fonts/etc, using stuff like steganography, on google and other commonly "safe" platforms. They do this exactly because of your assumption that most users have.

1 minute ago, justpoet said:

Not always true.  Common ways to host virii are to hide a virus inside images/fonts/etc, using stuff like steganography, on google and other commonly "safe" platforms. They do this exactly because of your assumption that most users have.

if i understood you correctly, this is not a Google domain?image.png.27ea7e1ff4595bd66e1f1d63afafe4bb.png

On 1/7/2019 at 2:37 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

there was an announcement on the forums last week, this has been discussed 

Has been discussed and was informed, albeit it could have been more openly informed. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Intel i7 4790K (4.0 GHz) | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 2x8GB | Asus GeForce GTX 1070 OC Strix | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB | Corsair RM 850W | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM | Logitech® Wireless Combo MK330 | Cooler Master HAF XM | Dell S2240L 60Hz 21.5 IPS | 

PCPartPicker 

45 minutes ago, Ofir aviel said:

if i understood you correctly, this is not a Google domain?image.png.27ea7e1ff4595bd66e1f1d63afafe4bb.png

It is a google domain.  What you can't trust is the photo, as that isn't from google, and malware developers are commonly hiding things in publicly available images, such as code, control commands for botnets, etc, in addition to ways to make interpreters (such as the image viewer) break and go execute code in meta data, or someplace else.  In short, just because something is on a trusted platform, doesn't make the content itself something you can trust too.

If you receive these, please click the vertical ... in the top right, and "report abuse". LMG are aware of the issue, but there's not much that can be done beyond reporting the albums as abuse when it comes up.

HTTP/2 203

8 hours ago, Ofir aviel said:

someone is impersonating you. i just commented on your video of the Asus graphics card in CES, and i got invited to a google photos album with this title: "iPhone Xs Giveaway and Much More !! See link in comment!" now i believed it at first, but then i saw that the photo id of the user does not match your photo id.

I dont get it, where exactly did you comment on the video?

10 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

This is already a known thing. There was a PSA up about it a week or 2 ago. Maybe @colonel_mortis could put it back up again?

yea It's labeled as an announcement

But I did get that too, and I just reported and deleted it. But how did they get access to the email list...

7 hours ago, hiitswilliam said:

yea It's labeled as an announcement

But I did get that too, and I just reported and deleted it. But how did they get access to the email list...

it went back up after I pinged Colonel on it. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Dedicated Streaming Rig