Dear Linus Media Group staff

Ofir aviel

I just wanted to say 2 things:

1. I love the videos that you are making.

2. someone is impersonating you. i just commented on your video of the Asus graphics card in CES, and i got invited to a google photos album with this title: "iPhone Xs Giveaway and Much More !! See link in comment!" now i believed it at first, but then i saw that the photo id of the user does not match your photo id.

this is the user that invited me: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a/AA64fgo31SdRpb56Kvfz5HN8VIA6FOdYHZrQTSqWkaA=s32-p-no

and this is your photo id: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a-/AAuE7mAITGRsq6OXv8vhQ5kpsPVzIzaJES495O8aCXrKhg=s36-p-k-rw-no-il

so i just wanted to warn you about it, just in case someone actually believes it's you.

thank you and keep the videos coming,

ofir aviel

Could you post an actual link rather than the channel image? A user name would help. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

7 minutes ago, Ofir aviel said:

I just wanted to say 2 things:

1. I love the videos that you are making.

2. someone is impersonating you. i just commented on your video of the Asus graphics card in CES, and i got invited to a google photos album with this title: "iPhone Xs Giveaway and Much More !! See link in comment!" now i believed it at first, but then i saw that the photo id of the user does not match your photo id.

this is the user that invited me: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a/AA64fgo31SdRpb56Kvfz5HN8VIA6FOdYHZrQTSqWkaA=s32-p-no

and this is your photo id: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/a-/AAuE7mAITGRsq6OXv8vhQ5kpsPVzIzaJES495O8aCXrKhg=s36-p-k-rw-no-il

so i just wanted to warn you about it, just in case someone actually believes it's you.

thank you and keep the videos coming,

ofir aviel

This is already a known thing. There was a PSA up about it a week or 2 ago. Maybe @colonel_mortis could put it back up again?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

16 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Could you post an actual link rather than the channel image? A user name would help. 

i cant find a way to find the username homepage, but this is the google photos link: [link_removed]

1 hour ago, Ofir aviel said:

i cant find a way to find the username homepage, but this is the google photos link: ---

please remove the link. its going to contain a virus or something malicious most likely. 

Edited by colonel_mortis
link removed

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

please remove the link. its going to contain a virus or something malicious most likely. 

I removed the link, BUT, it's not going to have a virus because it's a Google domain

16 minutes ago, Ofir aviel said:

I removed the link, BUT, it's not going to have a virus because it's a Google domain

Not always true.  Common ways to host virii are to hide a virus inside images/fonts/etc, using stuff like steganography, on google and other commonly "safe" platforms. They do this exactly because of your assumption that most users have.

1 minute ago, justpoet said:

Not always true.  Common ways to host virii are to hide a virus inside images/fonts/etc, using stuff like steganography, on google and other commonly "safe" platforms. They do this exactly because of your assumption that most users have.

if i understood you correctly, this is not a Google domain?image.png.27ea7e1ff4595bd66e1f1d63afafe4bb.png

On 1/7/2019 at 2:37 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

there was an announcement on the forums last week, this has been discussed 

Has been discussed and was informed, albeit it could have been more openly informed. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

45 minutes ago, Ofir aviel said:

if i understood you correctly, this is not a Google domain?image.png.27ea7e1ff4595bd66e1f1d63afafe4bb.png

It is a google domain.  What you can't trust is the photo, as that isn't from google, and malware developers are commonly hiding things in publicly available images, such as code, control commands for botnets, etc, in addition to ways to make interpreters (such as the image viewer) break and go execute code in meta data, or someplace else.  In short, just because something is on a trusted platform, doesn't make the content itself something you can trust too.

If you receive these, please click the vertical ... in the top right, and "report abuse". LMG are aware of the issue, but there's not much that can be done beyond reporting the albums as abuse when it comes up.

HTTP/2 203

8 hours ago, Ofir aviel said:

someone is impersonating you. i just commented on your video of the Asus graphics card in CES, and i got invited to a google photos album with this title: "iPhone Xs Giveaway and Much More !! See link in comment!" now i believed it at first, but then i saw that the photo id of the user does not match your photo id.

I dont get it, where exactly did you comment on the video?

10 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

This is already a known thing. There was a PSA up about it a week or 2 ago. Maybe @colonel_mortis could put it back up again?

yea It's labeled as an announcement

But I did get that too, and I just reported and deleted it. But how did they get access to the email list...

5 hours ago, Canada EH said:

I dont get it, where exactly did you comment on the video?

In the comments section on YouTube

7 hours ago, hiitswilliam said:

yea It's labeled as an announcement

But I did get that too, and I just reported and deleted it. But how did they get access to the email list...

it went back up after I pinged Colonel on it. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig