What genre(s) of music are you into?

mxk
23 minutes ago, mxk. said:

cultured man

Man? Uh, did you not look at my Screen name and signature name?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Just now, hiitswilliam said:

I like trap so yea

I do too, I guess migos isn't really what I'm into. Offset is kind of a butthead but takeoff is the best migo.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Man? Uh, did you not look at my Screen name and signature name?

/s??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk. said:

I do too, I guess migos isn't really what I'm into. Offset is kind of a butthead but takeoff is the best migo.

yea

What are your thoughts on the (sort of) new Quavo album?

Or the takeoff one?

My problem with Migos is that I get it stuck in my head for weeks after listening.

Just now, mxk. said:

/s??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Care to translate that into English?

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Just now, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Care to translate that into English?

thats a negative, ghostwriter.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

yea

What are your thoughts on the (sort of) new Quavo album?

Or the takeoff one?

My problem with Migos is that I get it stuck in my head for weeks after listening.

I don't really listen to them at all. I didn't listen to Quavo's album or Takeoff's. My problem with them is the use of the triplet flow alllll the time.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

3 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I listen mostly to Classical (Baroque, Rennaissance, and the Classical/Romantic periods, in that order, are my favorites, although I detest Opera and the piano), 60's folk and Easy Listening, some New Age (no whale calls, etc), and swing era big band intrumentals (vocals of the period are a bit corny).

Yeah same. My dad kind of dragged me in to Classical, but now I like it and I'm a pretty big nerd. Although I also play 2 instruments, and generally what you learn when you start piano is classical stuff. And I don't know why people are so against it, just given that it's been around for so much longer, and there's so much to explore.

Just now, mxk. said:

thats a negative, ghostwriter.

If you have a backbone, stop making cryptic remarks and clearly state what you are saying. For example, what do mean by"ghostwriter"?

Jeannie

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

I don't really listen to them at all. I didn't listen to Quavo's album or Takeoff's. My problem with them is the use of the triplet flow alllll the time.

yea. You see this video? 

I also like J Dilla.

And I don't know why people are so against it, just given that it's been around for so much longer, and there's so much to explore.

I find it kind of boring, personally, plus the elitism you get from some classical fans I find annoying.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 minute ago, hiitswilliam said:

Yeah same. My dad kind of dragged me in to Classical, but now I like it and I'm a pretty big nerd. Although I also play 2 instruments, and generally what you learn when you start piano is classical stuff. And I don't know why people are so against it, just given that it's been around for so much longer, and there's so much to explore.

My parents weren't into Clasical music at all. My earliest exposure to it was from the Warner Brothers cartoons they still showed on Tv back in the '50s.

Jeannie

2 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I find it kind of boring, personally, plus the elitism you get from some classical fans I find annoying.

There are hardly any classical fans that you see out in the world. You have to go searching for them, or scanning the comments on some classical performance. But you know, us classical fans could also start making fun of how rappers are just people talking over a beat about problems that they never had to go through, or how little experience these people have. There are just a lot of different tastes. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

My parents weren't into Clasical music at all. My earliest exposure to it was from the Warner Brothers cartoons they still showed on Tv back in the '50s.

My dad is pretty into classical, and he listens to it the most. But he also likes Jazz.

5 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

You ever listened to Gottschalk? It's incredibly hard, but one of my fav composers.

You ever listened to Gottschalk? It's incredibly hard, but one of my fav composers.

Not really. He doesn't exactly float my boat.

Jeannie

One of the things I began to grow interested in was Klezmer, which is yiddish music. The Klezmer conservatory band is probably my favorite group, and Mikey Katz; but I'm mostly interested in it just because of how the music is constructed, and the patterns that were used. 

1 minute ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Not really. He doesn't exactly float my boat.

hm. He was a romantic composer, but maybe you were looking more at Chopin. I've seen Brian Ganz play a few times, and his life goal is to perform every single work of Chopin. Pretty aggressive, if you ask me.

hm. He was a romantic composer, but maybe you were looking more at Chopin.

I never liked most Chopin either since he mostly wrote for the piano, which I do not like. Classical piano music is usually played on one of the grand pianos, which have to be more tightly strung due to the longer length of the strings, making for a harsher sound when struck. Also, piano composers feel obligated to write pieces that use as many notes as ten fingers can play (which can be more than ten) which gets too junky for my tastes.

A notable exception is the first movement Mozart's Moonlight Sonata. It's not too busy, is played gently, and was written for the middle range of the piano, which is not all that harsh when played gently.

Jeannie

2 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

If you have a backbone, stop making cryptic remarks and clearly state what you are saying. For example, what do mean by"ghostwriter"?

I was joking the whole time. I'm sorry that I didn't clarify earlier, /s means sarcasm and "ghostwriter" was meant to be ghostrider. I thought you knew what /s meant, so thats what I said "negative" (no).

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

8 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I was joking the whole time. I'm sorry that I didn't clarify earlier, /s means sarcasm and "ghostwriter" was meant to be ghostrider. I thought you knew what /s meant, so thats what I said "negative" (no).

You need to work on your humor; it came across as being extremely insulting. Thanks for the clarification.

Jeannie

image.png.e6395ec3fb67476ec32259580ddcb553.png

I listen to old folk music, country, rockabilly and some other regional stuff like Bluegrass /w vocals. My most played artists are Tom Connors, Johnny Cash, Johnny Horton, John Prine, Tennessee Ernie Ford & Jerry Reed. (that's bunch a folks named John).

Metal(yah there are is a lot of different metal, I like some in each category pretty much) 

Gajin Rock

J-Rock

Some EDM

Some Rap, mostly from the 2000s

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'll listen to pretty much everything. I don't think I've ever found a genre that didn't have something that I liked. Although, bluegrass and CCM really did test that.

Right now I'm listentning to Order of Darkness, an American black metal project. 

I'm also really into the recent Daughters album (noise/industrial rock), the recent Snail Mail album (indie rock) and Oksennus (avant-garde death metal)

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

currently into symphonic post-apocalyptic reindeer-grinding christ-abusing extreme war pagan Fennoscandic metal

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.