Sorry, Apple.. "The Notch" is DEAD!

43 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

LMG is incredibly biased.... toward whomever is currently sponsoring their videos. 

Also against Apple..... cause views and anti-apple fanboys. 

Couldn’t tell whether he was hating on Apple or Samsung more lol.

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Couldn’t tell whether he was hating on Apple or Samsung more lol.

Well.... I mean.... Apple IS in the title... despite being mentioned what... onceish in the video?

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

Well.... I mean.... Apple IS in the title... despite being mentioned what... onceish in the video?

Yeah that’s pretty bs. In the title but not even a real comparison? Smh.

12 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Apple made the notch popular and has yet to try to remove it, so it was more of an attack than anything. Just look at their stock, no one wants their notched phones :P

image.png.6b00d3bb3fa6b211e0878ee27ed4947a.png

14 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Firmware implementation is more important, on iPhones it just replaces the sb, which is there anyway, either way you lose screen estate. Just horrible experience when non-native apps don’t use this approach.

I want a notchless phone which is a really simple request, I want 100% screen not 98% screen 2% notch. I'm fine with the 5mm for a camera led and speaker on the top till they can be embedded perfectly under the screen. I like most people don't care about curved glass or border less screens, if someone says they do it's likely due to them being told they do thanks to effective marketing.

I loved my folding phones the sound they made when they closed was so satisfying, equally I loved the sliding phones, you asked anyone back then if they would want a $1200 device that is 1/3 the size of a laptop as a phone most people 10 years ago would laugh at you, now it seems like a everyday item...

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

Apple made the notch popular and has yet to try to remove it, so it was more of an attack than anything. Just look at their stock, no one wants their notched phones :P

image.png.6b00d3bb3fa6b211e0878ee27ed4947a.png

I want a notchless phone which is a really simple request, I want 100% screen not 98% screen 2% notch. I'm fine with the 5mm for a camera led and speaker on the top till they can be embedded perfectly under the screen. I like most people don't care about curved glass or border less screens, if someone says they do it's likely due to them being told they do thanks to effective marketing.

I loved my folding phones the sound they made when they closed was so satisfying, equally I loved the sliding phones, you asked anyone back then if they would want a $1200 device that is 1/3 the size of a laptop as a phone most people 10 years ago would laugh at you, now it seems like a everyday item...

EVERY TECH COMPANIES STOCK IS FALLING. Stop spreading false truths. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/31/tech-stocks-plunged-in-october-suffering-worst-month-since-2008.html

I find it funny how Linus says how MIUI is ultra smooth everywhere and then goes to say MIUI is bad/disliked. In what way? Because it offers global volume sliders as an option straight from the volume buttons menu? Come on Linus.

I've gone to LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo 8.1) on my Xiaomi Mi5 because MIUI won't be getting any more updates and lack of time defined silent mode (so you can set it to be silent for 2 hours and then goes auto back to normal) or lack of flip phone for silent just baffling. Or how retarded and clumsy the phone dialer is compared to MIUI's. And from what I understand LineageOS is basically Android One without Google apps (out of the box at least). So, stock Android doesn't have these things in Oreo 8.1 version either? MIUI had this for ages and so had so many other phones in the past.

I wouldn't call iPhone's approach of no app drawer a bad thing. Had several phones with drawer before and then two without it (Huawei's EMUI and Xiaomi's MIUI) and I got used to them really fast. I have quite some apps and never had more than 2 screens because I organized things into folders (where with app drawers you can do the ame by essentially duplicating things on home screen). In the end it was faster accessing apps than scrolling through a big slab of apps in an app drawer.

MIUI is imo really good frontend. What kills it a bit are tiny inconsistencies and glitches that usually take relatively long to get addressed. That's the only thing I can complain over MIUI really.

I'd like to hear Linus explain in depth what's bad about MIUI and not just generally brush over it as "bad". I'm not a Xiaomi fanboy (though I have to admit I like their devices coz they are affordable and well made), but I like to hear extensive explanations why someone thinks something is bad.

So, he basically confirmed my statement about tiny inconsistencies and glitches. That appear on several places and usually take relatively long to get fixed.

Btw, most of Xiaomi (and also system and Google) stuff can be turned off using "Redmi System manager (No root)" app from Play Store.

What is really annoying and seems to be almost univerally consistent across several Chinese phone makers are stupid forced "memory managers" or task killers they install by default in their ROM. It's one of biggest reasons why I went to LineageOS, really. Just like on Huawei's EMUI, same is with Xiaomi's MIUI. Apps getting freaking killed when you don't want them killed. And even when you whitelist and exclude apps, the dumb fucking thing keeps killing the apps. That is the single most annoying thing about Chinese phones in general and their stupid obsession of forcing these garbage task killers on users with no way of turning them off entirely and leaving stock Android manager deal with apps and memory. All those tiny annoyances are bearable and forgettable. Apps not working in background or worse, not serving you notifications you're expecting coz they get unnecessarely killed is the worst.

10 hours ago, corrado33 said:

EVERY TECH COMPANIES STOCK IS FALLING. Stop spreading false truths. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/31/tech-stocks-plunged-in-october-suffering-worst-month-since-2008.html

shhhh I want to get some fanboys mad :P

Plus that's Oct, Apple lost another +-10% yesterday as did the Dow. So the real question is will it keep sliding or is it a one time thing because of the recent China situation. Lets just agree on one thing Apple is no longer a Trillion dollar stock company anymore. Oh one more thing, Dow has nearly recovered from yesterdays fall, Apple? Nope, maybe by days end, maybe.

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

Oh one more thing, Dow has nearly recovered from yesterdays fall, Apple? Nope, maybe by days end, maybe.

Well the fact that they recently admitted that they have missed the iPhone sale prognosis by few billion dollars doesn't help ? 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

20 hours ago, Velcade said:

Okay grandpa

Okay grandpa, show me directions to the nearest scrapyard.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

20 hours ago, Hunter259 said:

I will never understand the hate for the notch. You get used to after less than a week. Also you talk about dual front firing speakers but where on earth are they going to fit a halfway decent speaker when you have to also have the stupid slider in the way?

Yeaa i can't even get used to the rounded corners of the new G6 play i have (worst part is that the display isn't rounded, the roundness is done by software, the actual display has proper 90° corners), let alone i get used to a damn notch, that's just a nope.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 hours ago, Lathlaer said:

Well the fact that they recently admitted that they have missed the iPhone sale prognosis by few billion dollars doesn't help ? 

Reasons for that:

Natural decline due to better options on the markets.

Their right to repair policies or the lack of.

The whole Qualcomm thing

Donald Ducks we want to build everything in the USA causing large amounts issues in trade.

I would say it's 50% of their ignorance, and 25% for both Qualcomm and Daffy Trump. I personally think if Trump and their ignorance where not a problem I would say Qualcomm wouldn't be a issue to cause a massive market issue in sales and stock, but because they keep to their ways esp towards RTR and wanting to keep and force the notch. I would say those 2 are the biggest factors as to why their stocks are dropping and so are sales, it just doesn't help that Trump is doing what Trumps wants (and thinks is the best for the USA), along with the legal issues with Qualcomm.

Simply put, it's a bad time to be a Apple share holder or Apple itself.

22 hours ago, corrado33 said:

And yet ANOTHER attack on apple by LMG, despite samsung having the latest "notch" news and trying to innovate by changing the shape of the notch.

Why? "Because attacking apple is COOL and it gets us VIEWS!!! Some of our most viewed recent videos are those which specifically have "apple" in the title, even more so if we make it obvious that they suck!"

So much for unbiased tech reporting.

Just more evidence for "LMG is an ENTERTAINMENT channel, not a tech channel. If you want actual tech news and reviews go elsewhere." 

EDIT: Also, no consumer actually gives a shit about the notch. It's a "feature" implemented by the manufacturers to inflate the price of their phones. At first it was like "hey we have a screen that goes all the way over here, but with a little notch, and now it's like "oh we got rid of the notch and we're charging more for that too."

1) LMG doesn't owe you anything, if you don't like their videos don't watch them.

2) A tonne of people hate the notch. Certainly not everyone but it is silly to say that no consumer cares.

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

I'll admit, it looks very nice and the slide feature isn't designed to fail. We've uncountable amounts of phones in the past with this slide feature and the system is proven to work. 

Not that big of a fan of the curved back edges, but at least the front glass is flat. But it also means that cases are going to be very difficult to design. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 hours ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

1) LMG doesn't owe you anything, if you don't like their videos don't watch them.

2) A tonne of people hate the notch. Certainly not everyone but it is silly to say that no consumer cares.

I expect an unbiased REVIEW out of any tech media company. LMG USED to be like that, until they started playing the youtube algorithm and clickbaiting all of their videos. Apple was barely even MENTIONED in this video, yet Apple is in the title and the actual phone manufacturer isn't? WTF? 

And no, no one gives a shit about the notch. Apple originally gave you an option not to see it in movies (just... you know... zoom out and BAM, the notch magically goes away.) The only reason there is so much hype about it is because the manufacturers WANT hype around it. They have no idea how to make their phones better so they're like.... "uh..... bigger screen? But the device is already huge.... uh..... remove notch?.... YEAH AND HYPE IT UP LIKE IT'S THE NEXT HUGE THING"

It's a stupid argument and a stupid "feature". If you hate it that much then just color in the parts of the screen next to the notch with a sharpie. BAM, no more notch. 

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

But it also means that cases are going to be very difficult to design. 

Two part case that snaps together front and back and the snap parts slide. Simple enough. Only real way to do it in my opinion. The corners would have to have a slot cut out to let the "straight part" slide through it, but that's not a huge deal. 

Highly doubt anyone will be able to make a waterproof version. 

3 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

If you hate it that much then just color in the parts of the screen next to the notch with a sharpie. BAM, no more notch. 

If you did that you'd remove the notification bar ?

I personally think only 1% of all notch owners like it, the other 99% are either social sheep or those who fear being the one out, fanboy to said company or just like the newest crap on the market even if it blew up in your hands

samsung-galaxy-note-7-GTA-2.gif

2 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Highly doubt anyone will be able to make a waterproof version. 

Challenge accepted.

1 hour ago, corrado33 said:

I expect an unbiased REVIEW out of any tech media company. LMG USED to be like that, until they started playing the youtube algorithm and clickbaiting all of their videos. Apple was barely even MENTIONED in this video, yet Apple is in the title and the actual phone manufacturer isn't? WTF? 

And no, no one gives a shit about the notch. Apple originally gave you an option not to see it in movies (just... you know... zoom out and BAM, the notch magically goes away.) The only reason there is so much hype about it is because the manufacturers WANT hype around it. They have no idea how to make their phones better so they're like.... "uh..... bigger screen? But the device is already huge.... uh..... remove notch?.... YEAH AND HYPE IT UP LIKE IT'S THE NEXT HUGE THING"

It's a stupid argument and a stupid "feature". If you hate it that much then just color in the parts of the screen next to the notch with a sharpie. BAM, no more notch. 

This review was pretty unbiased. While the title jabs at Apple it is only because they are the ones that made the notch a trend, which makes it perfectly reasonable to mention them in the title. Yes it is clickbait, yes the title could have been better.

What are you even talking about with coloring in the notch? That doesn't make any sense. It would take a new breed of sheep to buy a product they didn't like to that degree. People who prefer not to have a notch can get any number of other phones that don't have one. People aren't forced to buy into anything, just like you aren't forced to watch videos from a channel that you apparently don't care for.

By your logic if you don't like the videos why bother complaining? Just take a sharpie and scribble out the video and the clickbait title.

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

2 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Completely agree. Getting sick of these titles and content. Came for a phone, not a company review. Its alright to have quips in there but too much just puts me off. 

Man I miss my old HTC Touch Pro 2 - and this is from a guy who went through a iPAQ H6315, iPhone SE and Galaxy S6 Edge+

Apple's software keyboard implementation is merely adequate, it's only saving grace is auto correct and word prediction - something that swiftkey does far better IMO.

It's amazing how fast I was able to punch out text on the Touch Pro 2. People today are just too lazy to type and emoji spoiled. Yet the biggest advantage of having a hardware keyboard is that you maintain full use of the screen - something that you CANNOT do with either an iOS or Android device today. And let's not forget the hardware cursor keys available for (gasp) EDITING TEXT, important when composing longer messages.

The thicker device profile gives you a removable battery back which in turn allows use of extended capacity batteries and expanding memory/storage. Remember when those were awesome? Try changing a battery in under 5 seconds on one of today's smartphones ?

HTC built the best hardware in 2009 but Microsoft knocked them off the throne with that disaster they called Windows Phone 7 and the completely stupid hardware restrictions THEY IMPOSED on smartphone manufacturers. I blame Microsoft for the death of smartphone innovation and handing the market over to Apple at that point. Even the iPhone 5S with a sliding QWERTY and removable battery would have been a knockout compared to what Apple and Samsung have sold in recent years.

TP2 blog.png