Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

QWERTY/Dvorak Mechanical Keyboard

Does anyone know of a QWERTY keyboard that is Dvorak enabled by say the switches on the back that has easily swappable key switches and preferably rgb?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i may be recalling wrong, but i think i read somewhere dvorak was created by rearranging US QWERTY keycaps, so you should technically be able to do the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but the keyboard won’t work as a Dvorak keyboard. It will still be QWERTY but with key caps in the wrong place

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KingTing said:

Yeah but the keyboard won’t work as a Dvorak keyboard. It will still be QWERTY but with key caps in the wrong place

So you need to get one with programmable keys and reassign them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2019 at 8:55 PM, seon123 said:

To switch to Dvorak, just do it in software. 

This is the simplest solution if you already can type Dvorak. Otherwise you could build one with a switch that perhaps changes inputs and also lights up a different LED under each key to show a different letter on the cap, but that's a lot of work 

That's an F in the profile pic

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a planck? Its hot swappable, and you can change it between Dvorak and Qwerty in software. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2019 at 9:16 PM, manikyath said:

i may be recalling wrong, but i think i read somewhere dvorak was created by rearranging US QWERTY keycaps, so you should technically be able to do the same.

Well technically no, first you would have messed up the keycaps since you would have keycaps which were on different rows which each have a different height and angle (generally) so you would have a very weird looking keyboard. Also, rearranging the caps alone wont do anything as it would still be Qwerty but just with incorrect caps.

Keycap_Profile_large.gif.e1915e8aaaf742a755a94a7c4677cef2.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, b emoji said:

Well technically no, first you would have messed up the keycaps since you would have keycaps which were on different rows which each have a different height and angle (generally) so you would have a very weird looking keyboard. Also, rearranging the caps alone wont do anything as it would still be Qwerty but just with incorrect caps.

Keycap_Profile_large.gif.e1915e8aaaf742a755a94a7c4677cef2.gif

two things to note here:

- i've rarely encountered keyboards with different key shapes per row.

- a keyboard has NO idea what it's layout is, all the brains is in what's written on the caps, and the layout you set on your computer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most operating systems will let you change the layout in the os. Some keyboards such as the WASD Code has dip switches on the back to change the layout natively.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×