How to customize ugly system tray icons

Laniakea

image.png.4e98974338712a27e6ee1aba7d4e693a.png

I wanna customize simply every icon in here. Like Nvidia, IDM, Viper4W etc. etc. How can I do it? Thanks :) 

Will prolly went like go to that software folder and finding the icon then rename it. Rename  ur desired icon there name it like the icon pic was. At-least that would be my first try. 

The icons are loaded either from executables or DLL files.

There are programs which can open the executables and DLL files and allow you to even replace the icons with others, but some executables these days are "signed", meaning the executable and dll files contain some keys which are used by the operating system to determine if the files were tampered with (by viruses or anything else)

So you may not be able to modify some applications.

It's a long time since I did stuff like this... a long time ago I was using Resource Hacker : http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/#download

Nowadays  there may be better software suites.

For example here's the icons within steam.exe - no guarantee the icon in the system tray will be loaded from steam.exe , could be a separate DLL.

reshack.png.1391b7d67bc83e1539628bd89942e4f6.png

You can see in Task Manager processes tab what executables are running and creating those icons, or you can use msconfig which shows you what applications are configured to launch when you start the pc.

Easy way is just to hide those you don't need to see all the time. Like I only have sound and internet showing, and I don't really need to see sound anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I know RainMeter is a popular way to change up the Windows UI and its icons. It may be the solution your looking for maybe.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER