IO shield prongs on motherboard are weirdly bent and trying to figure out how to make them fit.

Go to solution Solved by BlockedTheShot,

Ok so I just went over to his house and realized he was trying to bend something other than the prongs(I was helping him build the pc through a video call). So i bent the io shield prongs for him.

Nonetheless, thanks for all the help i've received in this thread.

ioshieldbent.jpg

So my friend's motherboard IO Shield has prongs weirdly bent (like picture above, but that is not the same exact io shield) and thus is not able to fit his motherboard into his case. Apparently my friend is not able to bend the prongs so that the prongs aren't preventing the motherboard from fitting into the case.

What are some ways we can push the prongs so that we can fit the motherboard into the case

By the way the motherboard is Asus B450 plus and case is raidmax sigma.

Damn....

The prongs can be bent flat against the main body of the shield, or just bent back and forth a ton until you can pull them off. Doesn't affect anything as long as they're not inside a port

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Although the reason they (the tabs) exist is to provide an additional grounding route for the ports/shield to the case.  Lessen the potential for EMI, that sort of thing.  Bend them out enough to get the motherboard properly in place without getting the tabs in any of the ports, then try to push the tabs back against the outside of the port housing.

That aside, there's extremely little chance of anything happening.  Plenty of people run systems without I/O shields after all.

Ok so my friend has tried all of the fixes above and claims that when he bends any of the prongs the io shield concaves

Damn....

Ok so I just went over to his house and realized he was trying to bend something other than the prongs(I was helping him build the pc through a video call). So i bent the io shield prongs for him.

Nonetheless, thanks for all the help i've received in this thread.

Damn....