The Xbox is OFFICIALLY just a PC now..

nicklmg

This might be huge. Considering games like Fortnite that has cross-play between XB1 and PS4, it could flip off PS4 users when XB1 m&k users start dominating everything.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

58 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Playstation 3 supported a mouse and keyboard, and even in at least 1 game. I played Unreal Tournament III on ps3 with a mouse and keyboard, AND EVEN installed mods for the game.

Which was all insane to me back in the day, because i thought it would start some sort of movement towards mouse, keyboard, and mods for console games... but it didnt.. 

Edit:

this site and others are where i went for mods. I downloaded master chief, and loads of other cool stuff.

http://www.ut3mod.com/?m=1

In fact... i probably still have the disc and all the mods installed on a ps3 in my closet.

41 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

This might be huge. Considering games like Fortnite that has cross-play between XB1 and PS4, it could flip off PS4 users when XB1 m&k users start dominating everything.

Except for the fact that the PS4 supported KB+M since day 1 and there are active adapters that take KB+M inputs and translate them to DS4 commands.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

57 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Follow up testing is required, need to test the xbox on a monitor with mouse/keyboard vs a "$600" PC running an R3 2200G + RX 570/580, some of those games support 1v1 matches right?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Uhh linus  Warframe came out on the pc first  like years before first and pc is its main platform it doesn't have a pc port it has console ports. and pc gets everything first 

47 minutes ago, Kamjam66xx said:

Playstation 3 supported a mouse and keyboard, and even in at least 1 game. I played Unreal Tournament III on ps3 with a mouse and keyboard, AND EVEN installed mods for the game.

Which was all insane to me back in the day, because i thought it would start some sort of movement towards mouse, keyboard, and mods for console games... but it didnt.. 

Edit:

this site and others are where i went for mods. I downloaded master chief, and loads of other cool stuff.

http://www.ut3mod.com/?m=1

In fact... i probably still have the disc and all the mods installed on a ps3 in my closet.

PS2 supported mouse and keyboard in at least 3 games.

26 minutes ago, xnamkcor said:

PS2 supported mouse and keyboard in at least 3 games.

Is that a Megaman x for ps2 helmet? Cant remeber which one.

Don't confuse being bad at using the controller in FPS for just being bad at the game lol. 

haven't console's always been PC's just with a different OS on them? i believe you could run Linux on the PS3 at some point but they removed that functionality with a software update later... 

She/Her

17 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

haven't console's always been PC's just with a different OS on them? i believe you could run Linux on the PS3 at some point but they removed that functionality with a software update later... 

Yes, we had a linux ps3. My brother did it, i never personally did it to mine though.

As somebody who's been gaming primarily on consoles for the past 7 years I can state that my aim is better on controller than it has ever been on keyboard/mouse. Saying "k/m is superior" is fine if you are primarily a PC gamer but not everybody is. Sure k/m is easier to get into but you guys are making this harder than it needs to be.

The main problem with many games is that they are balanced on PC with k/m input where it is much different on consoles because you'd have recoil have more of an influence and actually makes it more realistic (as you'd miss more). Same with turning, its slower but you'd need it like that to do the small adjustments. Quick tip: pre-aiming is a thing (where you spot an enemy, take cover, move your aim to where you need it to be and move out of cover again to shoot it). Pre-fire as well (where you know there is an enemy but you want to make sure you hit them first). And small adjustments are more easily made by moving and not using the right stick, so whenever you are close you'd move a little to the left or right in order to hit your target. Not use the right stick and over-compensate because that sensitivity is bigger. And this is also the main reason to adjust the game balance different on console because the recoil-punishment for moving is often too big. And since the aim-assist helps people hit you, having a low time-to-kill is actually a downside as you'd get more lucky hits from the n00bs. And unlike PC you'd focus your aim in off-battle situations to point where you'd need it most and not use the mouse to look at everything that moves. You'd have to make more judgements about whether you know you can hit your target or to better back off and get them some other way because hitting but not killing will attract more folks to your area.

In any case, sometimes I do play with folks that are on PC and I just use my controller to play Battlefield, Rainbow Six or Fortnite to play with them and it works fine. I'm about the same height on the leaderboards as I am on console and I have no problem carrying my team in Rainbow Six (though after not playing it I'm probably back to silver or whatever). It shows well especially in games like Battlefield, where tactical insight and situational awareness are more important to create your strategy and outsmart your enemies. In fortnite its a bit different as you are bound to how fast you can do stuff but even then I win enough battles and also chicken dinners to say I'm confident to play on PC servers, regardless of whether that puts me at a disadvantage. Unless you are fighting elite players you'd hardly notice the difference.

Its a nice item but you guys are still too harsh on what people can do with controllers now. Sure it takes more time to learn, but its not like you can't be competitive. Check out some e-sport guys that play on console. Heck, do a blind test and ask people whether they think they are watching somebody playing on PC or console.

Lastly: there is nothing more natural about using a mouse or keyboard. Its what you guys have been used to for decades now. But if you'd play on console regularly and get used to the controls, you'd feel fine using them in a year or so. Seen enough people switch to console because PC was getting so expensive and so troublesome that I've witnessed people progressing from absolute n00b to decent players in quite normal time. People expect to be good way too soon. Its the same with many other hobbies: it just takes some time to get used to it. Seriously, its not hard and not unnatural.

5 hours ago, Kamjam66xx said:

Is that a Megaman x for ps2 helmet? Cant remeber which one.

Megaman X(1). From one of the art/sourcebooks. R20, I believe. In Japan Classic and X were in the same book.

4 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

3 hours ago, Kamjam66xx said:

Yes, we had a linux ps3. My brother did it, i never personally did it to mine though.

PS2 also had Linux.

1 hour ago, Martinspire said:

As somebody who's been gaming primarily on consoles for the past 7 years I can state that my aim is better on controller than it has ever been on keyboard/mouse. Saying "k/m is superior" is fine if you are primarily a PC gamer but not everybody is. Sure k/m is easier to get into but you guys are making this harder than it needs to be.

The main problem with many games is that they are balanced on PC with k/m input where it is much different on consoles because you'd have recoil have more of an influence and actually makes it more realistic (as you'd miss more). Same with turning, its slower but you'd need it like that to do the small adjustments. Quick tip: pre-aiming is a thing (where you spot an enemy, take cover, move your aim to where you need it to be and move out of cover again to shoot it). Pre-fire as well (where you know there is an enemy but you want to make sure you hit them first). And small adjustments are more easily made by moving and not using the right stick, so whenever you are close you'd move a little to the left or right in order to hit your target. Not use the right stick and over-compensate because that sensitivity is bigger. And this is also the main reason to adjust the game balance different on console because the recoil-punishment for moving is often too big. And since the aim-assist helps people hit you, having a low time-to-kill is actually a downside as you'd get more lucky hits from the n00bs. And unlike PC you'd focus your aim in off-battle situations to point where you'd need it most and not use the mouse to look at everything that moves. You'd have to make more judgements about whether you know you can hit your target or to better back off and get them some other way because hitting but not killing will attract more folks to your area.

In any case, sometimes I do play with folks that are on PC and I just use my controller to play Battlefield, Rainbow Six or Fortnite to play with them and it works fine. I'm about the same height on the leaderboards as I am on console and I have no problem carrying my team in Rainbow Six (though after not playing it I'm probably back to silver or whatever). It shows well especially in games like Battlefield, where tactical insight and situational awareness are more important to create your strategy and outsmart your enemies. In fortnite its a bit different as you are bound to how fast you can do stuff but even then I win enough battles and also chicken dinners to say I'm confident to play on PC servers, regardless of whether that puts me at a disadvantage. Unless you are fighting elite players you'd hardly notice the difference.

Its a nice item but you guys are still too harsh on what people can do with controllers now. Sure it takes more time to learn, but its not like you can't be competitive. Check out some e-sport guys that play on console. Heck, do a blind test and ask people whether they think they are watching somebody playing on PC or console.

Lastly: there is nothing more natural about using a mouse or keyboard. Its what you guys have been used to for decades now. But if you'd play on console regularly and get used to the controls, you'd feel fine using them in a year or so. Seen enough people switch to console because PC was getting so expensive and so troublesome that I've witnessed people progressing from absolute n00b to decent players in quite normal time. People expect to be good way too soon. Its the same with many other hobbies: it just takes some time to get used to it. Seriously, its not hard and not unnatural.

You being batter with a controller could just mean you're not good with a mouse. Or have physical limitations involving the wrist and elbow.

Would it be possible to review the PS4 mouse and keyboard support across devices as well? perhaps it'll drive them to fix their horrible driver issues. seems like very limited mouse button support and large delay on key press regardless of PlayStation system settings..

On 12/23/2018 at 10:15 AM, Kittenclubber said:

Ive never experienced what you speak of. Hard to think it went from imediate and snappy on ps3 to a slow response time on your ps4, my ps4 works fine.

12 minutes ago, Kamjam66xx said:

Ive never experienced what you speak of. Hard to think it went from imediate and snappy on ps3 to a slow response time on your ps4, my ps4 works fine.

Might just be certain keyboards and mice that have issues.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

35 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Might just be certain keyboards and mice that have issues.

Wife uses it for ff14 and the mouse button support and especially the keyboard response time is noticeable. I'm not sure about fps games -> if any work Natively with keyboard and mouse ( as in any without a xim adapter  - which xim does work well ). We've tried a few keyboards/mice wired and what not. The delay on keypress doesn't appear to change. The mouse works (tracks) fine but the  many - button support isn't there.