Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

instant-gram, twit-hole, and whateverelse

Neo-revo
 Share

I cant be the only one flabergasted at how much people that basically do nothing in life 'influence'  these kids; to the point now where they aspire to 'do this' as their line or work...

 

they aspire to be like people that get paid to push products on the sponsorship company's behalf, since that company can expect to still make money after all these investment costs... That whole old saying, takes money to make money.

But who are these people really influencing?  since i don't use basically any of those things, beyond trying to win something by sharing a link on twithole, But maybe thats why i don't win,  their AI terminator can see i'm not an active user.

Certainly feel for the company's that have all these  people posting 'fake' postings so as to appear sponsored. I certainly would object, to those who at least didn't consult, even in  fear of being told no there is not really a reason to ask, whether you are paid by them or not. potentially  opening eyes to the company/product in a way that poorly reflects on the brand/product; even if it is a genuine attempt to promote.

 

Now keep in mind here i am left YouTube out since IMO its very easy to tell the difference in what type of producer you are watching. And while the whole twitch begging/etc thing is weird and i still don't understand (i must have to much pride and ego) The content from person to person varies Way to much to slander the entire community. The tag lines and ways to generate what was needed to get the Company to pay still linger in those who were successful through the various ages of money making.    Kudos to any one who made it, LTT aside cause that is Obvious AF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Kriss ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

I think you're blowing this out of proportion tbh. Besides a few  typical mommy bloggers and make up gurus it dosent really seem that these marketing strategies are that effective. And if you want to become an influencer you're gonna have to post those fake sponsored posts if you want companies to reach out to you.

mommy blogger, and makeup ppl.... again not people i'd even watch,  but if some other person find what they are talking about useful then Kudos. 

 

Getting the company to reach out to you cause of 'followers'  thats what it is all about..   scary reflection of the future Working populace.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Neo-revo said:

mommy blogger, and makeup ppl.... again not people i'd even watch

For you maybe, not saying I do would rather choke to death on sand. But there's large target audiences for any type of media. Exactly the same way The Kardashians are famous for literally doing nothing but arguing on TV.

 

People watch content for all sorts of different reasons and in some cases it can help them in certain ways. So why not, if it helps or entertains people I'm not that bothered.

 

Just my two pence.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

 

Everything I say defaults to include /s

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

For you maybe, not saying I do would rather choke to death on sand. But there's large target audiences for any type of media. Exactly the same way The Kardashians are famous for literally doing nothing but arguing on TV.

 

People watch content for all sorts of different reasons and in some cases it can help them in certain ways. So why not, if it helps or entertains people I'm not that bothered.

 

Just my two pence.

Yea I get that aspect. But I have heard that there is a portion of under 20's  that are doing the fake Twitter and Instagram posting to get followers, so they can become that useless part of the population. At least people who blog or make decent videos can showcase both sides of a product unless they are being paid to  be premoted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really following your post because it's kinda all over the place and vague, but are you saying there's no place in the world for marketing/advertising? Because there is. Modeling and sponsorships have been around since before the internet, it only makes sense they would adapt with the culture.

-KuJoe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your argument doesn't. Ake a whole lot of sense.

The term "influencer" is basically just a word describing a personal advertiser.

Jake Paul is no less of a shill pimping products than Dick van Dyke or the Flintstones were selling cigarettes in the 50's.

 

And companies would instantly stop doing influencer marketing if it wasn't effective. Hell, Jake Paul wouldn't be making $12.000.000/year (allegedly) if it wasn't effective.

So, these people are hardly useless.

 

I'm sure there are kids dreaming of doing this kind of job, which is just like any other unrealistic dream job. I dreamed of being an astronaut, and now kids want to be social media influencers.

 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

 

I'm talking about the people who want to do this without being something worth following already "mainstream athlete/model/etc".    

38 minutes ago, Volbet said:

 

I'm sure there are kids dreaming of doing this kind of job, which is just like any other unrealistic dream job. I dreamed of being an astronaut, and now kids want to be social media influencers.

 

Thanks for sort of seeing what I said. 

 

I'm not talking about sponsorship and premotion in general 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Neo-revo said:

I'm talking about the people who want to do this without being something worth following already "mainstream athlete/model/etc". 

There's nothing wrong with that. It's good for people to have dreams, ambitions, and a drive to do something productive with their lives. Linus did it and look where it got him. Even if people don't reach that level of success it can still benefit them in other ways. I personally don't follow "people worth following" by your standards, I'd much rather get product and service suggestions from people like you and me. I also prefer dealing with "influencers" with a smaller audience because it lets me actually interact with them and discuss the product or service instead of just reading/watching their sponsored post and hoping I got everything I needed from it.

-KuJoe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting bullshit to do nothing in life for wads of cash is a pretty nice job 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

There's nothing wrong with that. It's good for people to have dreams, ambitions, and a drive to do something productive with their lives. Linus did it and look where it got him. Even if people don't reach that level of success it can still benefit them in other ways. I personally don't follow "people worth following" by your standards, I'd much rather get product and service suggestions from people like you and me. I also prefer dealing with "influencers" with a smaller audience because it lets me actually interact with them and discuss the product or service instead of just reading/watching their sponsored post and hoping I got everything I needed from it.

You are not seeing what I am really saying.  I'm not saying there isn't a market..  obviously there is.  But for people to aspire to make money by pushing shit onto other people.....

 

Linus made it for a lot of reasons.  And you seem to completely ignore the fact that I mean these posts that are not well made, not sponsored, not endorsed, and typically show a very one sided opinion.

 

I don't follow any people at all.  I happen to watch some videos on YT when bored. But I know how to research stuff on my own if I am really interested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Neo-revo said:

You are not seeing what I am really saying.  I'm not saying there isn't a market..  obviously there is.  But for people to aspire to make money by pushing shit onto other people.....

 

Linus made it for a lot of reasons.  And you seem to completely ignore the fact that I mean these posts that are not well made, not sponsored, not endorsed, and typically show a very one sided opinion.

 

I don't follow any people at all.  I happen to watch some videos on YT when bored. But I know how to research stuff on my own if I am really interested. 

Why do you let these people bother you so much? Try to be more positive, it's a really nice feeling. hugs.gif.7ed1267d7c91bfe839e0ffc97a96e062.gif

-KuJoe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

So pushing someone else's products is a bad thing? Sucks to be every sales person ever then? ;) 

I'm joking, I see your point.


 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Why do you let these people bother you so much? Try to be more positive, it's a really nice feeling. hugs.gif.7ed1267d7c91bfe839e0ffc97a96e062.gif

They don't bother me. I just don't understand aiming for that without actually learning advertisement.  It's like pushing fake news....   They fake being out so they can get paid to do it.     

 

If any thing they don't bother me, but the people that make it possible by adopting trends and fads trying to keep 'up on every thing' instead of actually learning to make the most out of what they have/can actually afford.

 

After reading your last post again(yesterday).I think you deserve an apology from me. My thoughts were all over the place. And I certainly could have formed my paragraph better and left my idea less vague.

 

 

Kids aspiring to do this scares me since they will shape the world in the wrong way. Or fail horribly and need to get a real skill if they want to succeed. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×