Building a PC for my girlfriend, opinions?

DeGerg

Where to even start? After a lot of struggle, we finally finishing up my girlfriends first gaming PC. Nothin special, its a pretty budgety entry level PC.
Here are the specs which we already bought:
Monitor:LG 29UM67
Case: FRACTAL DESIGN Focus G
MB: Asrock AB350 Pro4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300x
GPU: Sapphire Rx 570 4gb 256bit
PSU: EVGA gold 550w
SSD only for OS: WD Green 128gb

Here are the parts we need ( feel free to give me advice, if you think it would be better/cheaper ?
HDD: im planning to buy a 1TB WD blue 7200 rpm
RAM: What would be the best option? for the most bang for bucks? im thinking about 2x4GB ddr4 with atleast 3000mhz 

What do you guys think about it? It was a pretty slow project, we building it since the summer.

( Fun fact: While my girlfriend gonna rock this cute little machine, i am still rocking a Geforce 550 Ti!:D )
Feel free to express your opinion, feelings about her future rig:) Also feel free to ask questions or anything

My opinions: Great budget build start off. Love it. 

HDD: Buy a 2TB since it doesn't cost much more and you get twice the storage. 

RAM: If it's in your budget than get a 16kit, it'll be better in case she loves the PC more than expected and wants to get into gaming more or editing. 

Just now, Finwillwin said:

I would a get a Ryzen 2200g and a B450 board.

He already purchased the mentioned board and CPU. 

When we bought the CPU i think the Ryzen 2200g wasnt out, but sure now i would go with that!

About the 16kit for ram, i thought about getting a 2x4gb kit now, and another 2x4 at feb.14:) Because christmas, our budget is pretty limited now, but she dont really want to wait anymore

4 minutes ago, DeGerg said:

When we bought the CPU i think the Ryzen 2200g wasnt out, but sure now i would go with that!

About the 16kit for ram, i thought about getting a 2x4gb kit now, and another 2x4 at feb.14:) Because christmas, our budget is pretty limited now, but she dont really want to wait anymore

2X4gb should be fine for now. You can always add another 2x4gb in the future or swap those sticks out for a 2x8gb kit in the future. AS long as she doesnt have multiple programs open in the background like multiple chrome tabs, spotify and discord while shes gaming, 8gb should be enough. Especially for a budget build. RAM prices havent quite fallen to what they used to be back in 2016

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

That is our plan! She dont plan to play in 4k or even in ultra settings, we both used to my old ass i5,550Ti build. ( which im also planning to upgrade after we complete her rig :) )
Its mostly for E-Sport titles, Editing ( not video editing , but pictures, calendars, diplomas for her job )

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

2X4gb should be fine for now. You can always add another 2x4gb in the future or swap those sticks out for a 2x8gb kit in the future. AS long as she doesnt have multiple programs open in the background like multiple chrome tabs, spotify and discord while shes gaming, 8gb should be enough. Especially for a budget build. RAM prices havent quite fallen to what they used to be back in 2016

At least they have been steadily going down, I bought my kit for $150 in September and the same kit can be found for 124.99-139.99. I also ready (I don't remember where) that dram prices all around are expected to drop drastically. Things are looking up for the PC world. 

1 minute ago, DeGerg said:

That is our plan! She dont plan to play in 4k or even in ultra settings, we both used to my old ass i5,550Ti build. ( which im also planning to upgrade after we complete her rig :) )
Its mostly for E-Sport titles, Editing ( not video editing , but pictures, calendars, diplomas for her job )

You need to use the reply button or @ someone to get them notified that you have responded. You need to either hit the little reply arrow at the bottom of the message or simply tag them to let them know you are talking to them. 

Just now, DVA said:

You need to use the reply button or @ someone to get them notified that you have responded. You need to either hit the little reply arrow at the bottom of the message or simply tag them to let them know you are talking to them. 

Ohh haha, now i think i get it, thank you for pointing this out! :D to be honest this is my first ever forum where im trying to post, not just reading everything

Just now, DVA said:

Awesome man, well welcome. By the way, I'll tag him just to let him know you responded to him ;)

@TVwazhere 

Ohh haha, i feel myself even dumber! but thank you for the double help!:D

41 minutes ago, DeGerg said:

PSU: EVGA gold 550w

whats the PSU's model?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2 minutes ago, DeGerg said:

Ohh haha, now i think i get it, thank you for pointing this out! :D to be honest this is my first ever forum where im trying to post, not just reading everything

How much are you looking to spend on RAM btw? I don't know that it'd be terribly beneficial to have 8 gigs of expensive 3000 mhz RAM over 16 gigs of 2400-2666 mhz RAM. 

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

whats the PSU's model?

EVGA supernova 550 g3 , if i looking at the right thing on the box!:D

1 minute ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

How much are you looking to spend on RAM btw? I don't know that it'd be terribly beneficial to have 8 gigs of expensive 3000 mhz RAM over 16 gigs of 2400-2666 mhz RAM. 

About 100$ , but i thought about the 3000mhz+ because im planning to buy another 2x4 in the future, near future, 2-3 months from now

3 minutes ago, DeGerg said:

About 100$ , but i thought about the 3000mhz+ because im planning to buy another 2x4 in the future, near future, 2-3 months from now

I don't think consumer level Ryzen supports quad channel, I paid 99$ for 16 gigs of 2666 RIPJAWS V RAM.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

1 minute ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I don't think consumer level Ryzen supports quad channel, I paid 99$ for 16 gigs of 2666 RIPJAWS V RAM.

Thats something i dont know anything about. But ill look into that one, it could change a lot of things, 
So what RAM do you guys suggest? im open about all ideas, i think you guys have a lot more knowledge about this than me

1 minute ago, DeGerg said:

Thats something i dont know anything about. But ill look into that one, it could change a lot of things, 
So what RAM do you guys suggest? im open about all ideas, i think you guys have a lot more knowledge about this than me

Ryzens RAM compatibility has grown, substantially, since launch so I'm 99.9% certain this will be just fine for a RYZEN CPU https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwixnfrfqKzfAhVKA4YKHd3fDPkYABAUGgJ2dQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESEeD2lGrXYMzSL_8EHTV4T8gs&sig=AOD64_16roPVXxpVZpOgWzdjdJKLdVvaSw&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiPn_HfqKzfAhWqq1kKHeNPDmAQ9aACCG0&adurl=

The Louvre

Build yourself a PC, wait a year, build a newer PC and give the GF the previous one - worked for me ?

4 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Bookmarked that one for later! Thats really cheap

16gb kit of Gskill Ripjaws V 2666Mhz is currently $105.  Getting half as much ram is going to be more than half the price.  If you get the 16gb now its almost like buy one get one 20% off.

3 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Build yourself a PC, wait a year, build a newer PC and give the GF the previous one - worked for me ?

She suffered enough with her laptop with integrated graphics, and atleast this way we can play together some games:) ( you know in your heart im going to use it too!:D )

1 minute ago, JammyCreedog said:

16gb kit of Gskill Ripjaws V 2666Mhz is currently $105.  Getting half as much ram is going to be more than half the price.  If you get the 16gb now its almost like buy one get one 20% off.

Im starting to lean for that option! the more i think about it the more sense it makes

If it's a non-tempered glass case, keep the stock cooler since it still has pretty decent thermals.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital