“Plain” case?

justpoet

Doing searches for pc cases these days, it seems like everything is trying to look fancy, and I don’t like it.  I just want to find a simple, no frills, no rgb, no glass, not super loud, mid tower case with decent airflow and room to grow.  Im much more interested in sturdy/lasting/solid than ease of swapping drives or the like, so I don’t even care if it is toolless.

I’ve found some ok options searching for server cases, but they generally have more front facing bays than needed, and a much higher price tag than something with no frills should.  I’d prefer a couple front bays, as I’d still like optical and another front bay option.  I much prefer front facing ports/buttons/status to top facing.

Anybody got a favorite in this realm?

Planning to air cool, likely the to be released Ryzen lineup, probably with a 1070 or 580 unless the new AMD graphics hit and are great then too. I don’t plan to overclock, but rather set up for performance/watt maximums within the hardware and performance limitations, however I do want to be able to handle mild overclock temps for when I will need overclocking to run things down the road to extend the usable life of the hardware a touch.

I would’ve considered a completely silent build with the case Linus reviewed by Calyos, but the website has been dead off and on, it isn’t on the main Calyos site anymore, and when the fanlessfan site works they want $1400 for it (as just a case, not including electronics) rather than the reasonable few hundred Linus had mentioned.

Take a look at the Corsair Carbide 600Q? It's a non-flashy case, silent, and even though it's technically a full ATX-case, it takes less space than a regular one because of its inverted design. It also boasts very good airflow inside. I bought these cases myself for me and my boyfriend and I've been very happy.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

On 12/16/2018 at 7:24 AM, justpoet said:

I just want to find a simple, no frills, no rgb, no glass, not super loud, mid tower case with decent airflow and room to grow.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#t=3&s=0

Some suggestions

Fractal Design Define R5

Coolermaster HF 912

be quiet! Pure Base 600

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25