Software to transfer files fom pc to pc??

BOBWARPATH

Wondering if anyone knows a good software to use to transfer files from computer to computer. Ive tried setting up the ethernet transfers as well as homegroup back a while ago, but it never stays consistant. If anyone knows a good software to transfer files to and from (download on both computers, configure, then drag and drop) PLEASE TELL ME THE NETWORK DEVICES AND NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE IS GIVING ME A HEADACHE!!!

thanks.

Just share a folder on the target device, then move the files to it from the source device. That'll likely be your best option.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-share-files-and-printers-without-homegroup-windows-10

Alternatively, you could get an external hdd/ssd or a flash drive and copy files to that, then to the other PC.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Uhm... windows sharing? 

Right click on folder to share, click "properties". Click the "sharing" tab. Click "share", give the share a name. Now when you go back to the sharing tab it'll give you an address like \\computerName\shareName

On computer 2 (on the same network). Right click on the "My computer" icon. Click "add network drive"

Type in the address from above \\computerName\shareName. Check "Sign in with different credentials" then enter the username and password from the other computer. 

Now you have access to that folder on the computer. 

Windows Explorer.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

6 minutes ago, BOBWARPATH said:

thanks

Are you just looking to xfer files, or programs?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

59 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Just share a folder on the target device, then move the files to it from the source device. That'll likely be your best option.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-share-files-and-printers-without-homegroup-windows-10

Alternatively, you could get an external hdd/ssd or a flash drive and copy files to that, then to the other PC.

I have tried that, its just extremely slow, and requires 2 transfers. pc to hard drive then hard drive to pc

59 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Are you just looking to xfer files, or programs?

Looking to transfer maybe game files, photos, basic stuff in in pc

1 minute ago, BOBWARPATH said:

Looking to transfer maybe game files, photos, basic stuff in in pc

usb flash stick

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

59 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

usb flash stick

I have tried that, its just extremely slow, and requires 2 transfers. pc to hard drive then hard drive to pc

Just now, BOBWARPATH said:

Then set up a proper network (homegroups don't count) it really isn't that hard

5 minutes ago, BOBWARPATH said:

????

You use windows explorer to move a file between computers with a shared homegroup folder..........

Literally just drag the file from one PC to the other.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

usb flash stick

also game files are 30

58 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Then set up a proper network (homegroups don't count) it really isn't that hard

got it to work ONCE, checked settings on both computers, its all the same but my personal rig cant see the server

59 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You use windows explorer to move a file between computers with a shared homegroup folder..........

Literally just drag the file from one PC to the other.

got it to work once, settings on both pcs fine but one pc cant see the other

Alright then... I'm on my work computer so ignore the domain parts if visible...

Open Network and Sharing center > Change advanced sharing settings.

Make sure both computers are on the Private profile. Make sure that the settings are set to this.image.png.64c71f5a9ba5207621390a183b752e8a.png

Create a folder on a drive on either one. Right click > Properties. Click sharing. Then click Advanced Sharing.

Click Share this folder. Click Permissions. Check full control under allow.

Click security. Make sure that the account you want to use has read, read/write, or write, access to the folder you want to share, your preference.

Open file explorer > network 

image.png.d5f35de85016e66efc9ab8cbbddbb508.png

You should then see your computer. Double click it. Enter the account credentials of that computer. If you don't want to enter account credentials, that involves editing local GPO to have access authorized through the Guest account, granted you have a Windows version that is Pro or higher.

You've achieved network folder sharing and can share files at the speed of your local network, be it 10Mbit, 100Mbit, or 1 Gbit.