PC underperforming

lukeberg

Hey guys! First of all I want to apologize if I posted this in the wrong category although I am in desperate need of some help.

Let's rewind to October last year when I built my current gaming rig. I bought an AMD Ryzen 5 1600x along with a GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB of RAM. The very first game I booted up after I finished building my rig was GTA V. I was running that game on a solid 60fps with no issues what so ever. It would never drop below 60. Fast forward 7-8 months and the game would be dropping to the low 40's ocasionally and would barely hit 60 anymore (on the exact same settings). Fast forward to now. I decided to upgrade my 1060 to an RTX 2070. Super excited and happy with my new upgrade I boot up GTA, turn on the FPS counter and then reality slaps me in the face. Standing still in the city, I looked at my FPS counter and it was chilling at around 49-55 fps and it would NOT go above 60. Almost exactly the same as my old card or even WORSE. I am running on a 144hz display so the framerate isn't locked to 60fps either. I'm still playing on the exact same settings as I did when the 1060 would run the game at a smooth 60fps.

I looked up a video of someone playing the game with my old specs, 1060 and a ryzen 5 1600x. His game was running smoothly at 70-90fps driving around the city.

CPU temperatures looks normal to me, around 30 degrees celsius idle and 60 in game. I am also running the latest Nvidia drivers for the GPU.

It is not just GTA, my rig seems to under perform in a lot of games compared to benchmarks on youtube with almost identical specs.

I tried using DDU to remove my old drivers and do a fresh install.

I ran a benchmark, which you can find here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12530147

Anyone can think of an issue as I do think my specs should be reaching higher than this on medium/high with AA turned off.

Thank you!

Just now, schwellmo92 said:

What resolution is your monitor?

I play everything at 1080p 144hz. Using a Displayport-cable.

It appears that it may be your ram, as it’s performing below expectations. That’s what the benchmark says at least.

I mean... if you wanted to play at high refresh rate getting a first gen Ryzen with JUST 2133mhz memory frequency was probably not a smart choice.

Infinity Fabric is extremely worse than Intel's Ring Bus meaning single thread performance which is what games need to have high fps is low.

The only way to improve the big bottleneck Infinity Fabric causes is having the fastest frequency memory you can, not run it on JEDEC's default 2133mhz clock.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I mean... if you wanted to play at high refresh rate getting a first gen Ryzen with JUST 2133mhz memory frequency was probably not a smart choice.

Infinity Fabric is extremely worse than Intel's Ring Bus meaning single thread performance which is what games need to have high fps is low.

The only way to improve the big bottleneck Infinity Fabric causes is having the fastest frequency memory you can, not run it on JEDEC's default 2133mhz clock.

At the time of me building this rig, I was playing at 60hz and didn't upgrade to 144hz until I got this new GPU. How do I increase the memory frequency?

Dude you haven't setup your RAM XMP profile that will make a huge difference. You should get an average of 75~ on GTA V with a 1600X.

1 minute ago, lukeberg said:

?

If your memory kit really is XMP rated for 3000mhz the first thing you should do is try enabling this XMP profile in your BIOS.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

If your memory kit really is XMP rated for 3000mhz the first thing you should do is try enabling this XMP profile in your BIOS.

Enabling DOCP in my bios, running the memory at 2900mHz prevents my PC from succesfully booting and puts it in a boot cycle until the settings gets reversed.

7 hours ago, lukeberg said:

Hey guys! First of all I want to apologize if I posted this in the wrong category although I am in desperate need of some help.

Let's rewind to October last year when I built my current gaming rig. I bought an AMD Ryzen 5 1600x along with a GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB of RAM. The very first game I booted up after I finished building my rig was GTA V. I was running that game on a solid 60fps with no issues what so ever. It would never drop below 60. Fast forward 7-8 months and the game would be dropping to the low 40's ocasionally and would barely hit 60 anymore (on the exact same settings). Fast forward to now. I decided to upgrade my 1060 to an RTX 2070. Super excited and happy with my new upgrade I boot up GTA, turn on the FPS counter and then reality slaps me in the face. Standing still in the city, I looked at my FPS counter and it was chilling at around 49-55 fps and it would NOT go above 60. Almost exactly the same as my old card or even WORSE. I am running on a 144hz display so the framerate isn't locked to 60fps either. I'm still playing on the exact same settings as I did when the 1060 would run the game at a smooth 60fps.

I looked up a video of someone playing the game with my old specs, 1060 and a ryzen 5 1600x. His game was running smoothly at 70-90fps driving around the city.

CPU temperatures looks normal to me, around 30 degrees celsius idle and 60 in game. I am also running the latest Nvidia drivers for the GPU.

It is not just GTA, my rig seems to under perform in a lot of games compared to benchmarks on youtube with almost identical specs.

I ran a benchmark, which you can find here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12530147

Anyone can think of an issue as I do think my specs should be reaching higher than this on medium/high with AA turned off.

Thank you!

Its hard for me to believe some of the "answers" people gave you, this being a tech forum and all. Clearly something is very wrong to be unable to run it and a few MHz on your RAM likely isnt it.

My guess would be malware or failing hardware. I have a fairly similar system with a 1070 and i run GTAV on all ultra with 8xMSAA, 16x anisotropic, maxed everything just fine(put grass on normal. Ultra grass used to make the game crash on launch). Since its a new GPU, probs not failing hardware though. Which leaves software.

I would start by running Malwarebytes with rootkit detection, then do SFC and DISM, and only after all of that, do a clean install without using DDU and only  install the drivers, not GFE. GFE sucks and doesnt configure anything right anyway. The clean install option is under custom in the driver installation wizard.

This thread i made has all the info on how to do the malware scans and SFC/DISM windows repair stuff.

It also instructs you how to basically use Process Explorer to check resource consumption and malicious processes.

Then theres the obvious need to clean dust out etc but since its a new GPU i suspect malware and corruption somewhere, which malwarebytes, SFC and DISM with a real fresh driver install should fix. If Malwarebytes, SFC and DISM dont fix it, be sure to quote me and let me know!

Also make sure to use Fast Vsync in the drivers and high quality texture filtering globally. And of course full dynamic range under color settings. 

RTX cards are underperforming on some hardware setups.

Last gen cards did the same thing for the first 6 months of driver updates.

On some of my games my GTX 1080 ti can beat my RTX 2080 ti.

To see if your card is working properly run synthetic benches like Firstrike or TimeSpy. The drivers are optimised for these and will give you a better idea where you stand.

Get the bios update for the card. It will allow you to up the power setting to 130 on Precision X.

Also check out the Geforce forums. That is a good place to find out if other people are having the same issue. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

8 hours ago, lukeberg said:

Enabling DOCP in my bios, running the memory at 2900mHz prevents my PC from succesfully booting and puts it in a boot cycle until the settings gets reversed.

Its obvi not stable, or your motherboard can't hold it stable. You need faster RAM and the fact that you're on a new graphics platform (rtx 20 series) could be also the issue, though someone should correct me if I'm wrong about the gpu idea.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

9 hours ago, lukeberg said:

Thank you!

First try turning v-sync off. If that doesnt work just do a clean install on windows. If that doesnt cure it i would check the motherboard or cpu

1 hour ago, Dcit-223 said:

First try turning v-sync off. If that doesnt work just do a clean install on windows. If that doesnt cure it i would check the motherboard or cpu

I will never understand answers like this. Reinstalling and reconfiguring from scratch takes hours. Running actual diagnostics like DISM and SFC can fix most windows issues in minutes.

Thats like saying if theres a really easy to fix problem with a car just total it and write it off...

11 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

I will never understand answers like this. Reinstalling and reconfiguring from scratch takes hours. Running actual diagnostics like DISM and SFC can fix most windows issues in minutes.

Thats like saying if theres a really easy to fix problem with a car just total it and write it off...

Wut?

Takes me like 10 minute to install Win 10 and it will either completely fix your issue - or show you its hardware very quickly.  This is my experience.  

However Ive never had a "Windows" issue I can remember that would force a reinstall (have had hardware, easier to diagnose imho), its always been a virus or something and a fresh install is just very easy.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

9 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Well i am just trying to help. I am using my knowledge to and help him. If you didn't want to be a self centered asshole you would have just told me that to expand my knowledge instead you took the asshole route to insult my reply. you're really mature. Why are you even on here?...............Other than to be a prick.

1 hour ago, Dcit-223 said:

If that doesnt work just do a clean install on windows.

Me as soon as my computer starts acting up and I cant diagnose it quickly enough.  Takes me no time from my USB3 stick to install Windows 10 and eliminates a ton of potential issues immediately leaving me more time to dig into the remaining potential issues. 

EDIT - most of my issues stem from to deep in the free pr0n sites lolol, over the years Ive become much better at where to peruse so this issue is very rare anymore lol

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

2 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Me as soon as my computer starts acting up and I cant diagnose it quickly enough.  Takes me no time from my USB3 stick to install Windows 10 and eliminates a ton of potential issues immediately leaving me more time to dig into the remaining potential issues. 

EDIT - most of my issues stem from to deep in the free pr0n sites lolol, over the years Ive become much better at where to peruse so this issue is very rare anymore lol

Yeah it is much quicker and nothing is better than that fresh install feeling lol

5 hours ago, Tristerin said:

We i have several TB of games and programs, configuring windows, security settings, all the other software i need to use and have installed, so it would take me a day or two to go from nothing installed to having everything installed, updated and configured.

If your computer needs to be reformatted often because you get malware, you should probably read the cybersecurity thread i wrote too.

5 hours ago, Dcit-223 said:

Yeah it is much quicker and nothing is better than that fresh install feeling lol

Idk my current windows install is from mid 2016 when i built the computer and its every bit as fast as it initially was. Maintaining that fresh install feeling is better than having to constantly actually reinstall an OS i think.

All you need to do is not infect a PC with malware or damage system files, and if they do get damaged run DISM and SFC to fix the majority of it. Basic maintenence like running TRIM for SSDs, defrag for HDDs, disk cleanup and all the other built in Windows tools. It should really never slow down unless hardware breaks.

5 hours ago, Dcit-223 said:

Well i am just trying to help. I am using my knowledge to and help him. If you didn't want to be a self centered asshole you would have just told me that to expand my knowledge instead you took the asshole route to insult my reply. you're really mature. Why are you even on here?...............Other than to be a prick.

I gave him a long, detailed reply, with a link to a guide i took the time to write specificqlly to benefit the community... but thanks for the kind words.

5 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

We i have several TB of games and programs, configuring windows, security settings, all the other software i need to use and have installed, so it would take me a day or two to go from nothing installed to having everything installed, updated and configured.

If your computer needs to be reformatted often because you get malware, you should probably read the cybersecurity thread i wrote too.

Idk my current windows install is from mid 2016 when i built the computer and its every bit as fast as it initially was. Maintaining that fresh install feeling is better than having to constantly actually reinstall an OS i think.

All you need to do is not infect a PC with malware or damage system files, and if they do get damaged run DISM and SFC to fix the majority of it. Basic maintenence like running TRIM for SSDs, defrag for HDDs, disk cleanup and all the other built in Windows tools. It should really never slow down unless hardware breaks.

I gave him a long, detailed reply, with a link to a guide i took the time to write specificqlly to benefit the community... but thanks for the kind words.

I dont care about the long detailed reply i care about why you felt the need to be a prick when i was trying to help to the best of my ability.

58 minutes ago, Dcit-223 said:

I dont care about the long detailed reply i care about why you felt the need to be a prick when i was trying to help to the best of my ability.

I wasnt trying to be tbh. Youre definitely not the only one who recommends that, so im sorry if it seemed like that. Ive just seen so many people asking for help like the OP and so many times people are just like "reinstall the OS". 

It can sometimes be necessary to do so but i think its best to establish whats wrong so it can be hopefully quickly fixed, and if the person finds out why their computer was messed up hopefully they can prevent it from happening again.

If they have some really sophisticated rootkit then reinstalling is a good option or if SFC and DISM or other built in windows recovery doesnt work then definitely reinstall. 

But in so many threads with stuff that ends up being five minutes to fix i dont think its sound advice to reinstall. 

Some things to try.

Noticed the hard drives you have installed...

Doubt it would make much difference but is the game installed on the Western Digital Green drive?

if so try migrating it over to the Seagate -or if you have the space -the SSD and see if it still functions the same.

I have seen it with one WD Green drive I had long ago that frame rates were lower -on few though nothing like this.

Again it shouldn't be affecting it but it could also be a possibility better to rule it out.

Also could check to see the hard drives are in good order and have not developed some fault.

If not on the Green drive make sure all power connections are stable to the 6\8 pin of the graphics card.

Also if you upgraded your graphics card driver you could try a roll back.

Aside from turning V-sync off make sure that everything in the Nvidia control panel is set to use the graphics card and not the cpu.

Current computers:

Primary Computer (In Progress):

Spoiler

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

CASE: ROSEWIL THOR V2 Black

CPU:

Motherboard:

GPU: SAPPHIRE VEGA 56 -TBU RTX 2070 SUPER

RAM: 48 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX
PSU: SEASONIC PRIME 1300 W GOLD

STORAGE: 4x SEAGATE EXOS 4TB | Sans Digital HDD 5-Bay Rack | Sisun IDE SATA HDD Docking Station 

SOUND SYSTEM: Logitech Z506 Surround Sound via Vantec USB External 7.1 Channel Audio Adapter  

MOUSE: 16000DPI GAMING MOUSE

KEYBOARD: -PENDING-

MONITOR: -PENDING- AOC AGON AG241QX 24" -PENDING-

COOLING:  CPU: Noctua NH-D15 -3x NF-F12 Fan MOD || 10-12X NF-F12 || EXHAUST: 3x NA-A12x25

LAST UPDATED 4/29/20

Secondary Computer:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8370 Black Edition 

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Omega Core Edition 

RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX Savage 1600MHz DDR3
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer HCG-900W

STORAGE: 5x Western Digital Black 2TB - WD2003FZEX | Sans Digital HDD 5-Bay Rack | Sisun IDE SATA HDD Docking Station 

SOUND SYSTEM: Logitech Z506 Surround Sound via Vantec USB External 7.1 Channel Audio Adapter  

MOUSE: PUREX 2400 DPI Wired Laser Gaming Mouse

KEYBOARD: DBPOWER 104 Key -3 Backlit -I KNOW! Linus doesn't approve -I have glued it to the desk and it works well for my needs.

MONITOR: ASUS VS247H-P 24 Inch 

COOLING: CPU: Noctua NH-D14 -3x NF-F12 Fan MOD || 10-12X NF-F12 || EXHAUST: 3x NA-A12x25

GRAPHICS: 2x NF12s fans on graphics card + 2x NF-F12s & 1x NA-A12x25 in Fan box | 1x Vantec SP-FC70-BL Spectrum System Fan Cards

10 hours ago, Tristerin said:

Wut?

Takes me like 10 minute to install Win 10 and it will either completely fix your issue - or show you its hardware very quickly.  This is my experience.  

However Ive never had a "Windows" issue I can remember that would force a reinstall (have had hardware, easier to diagnose imho), its always been a virus or something and a fresh install is just very easy.

how tf do you install windows in 10 minutes

yeah it takes ~15 minutes but  do you have no programs installed 

Specs

I7 9700k /  Hyper 212 LED / Asus Prime Z390/ 16 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3600 MHZ  / Gigabyte 1080 Ti OC / NZXT H500i / Cooler Master V1200W /

Gear Headset G430 / Mic BM 800 / Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Ultimate / Mouse Razer Deathadder / Mousepad Razer Goliath Largest /

Monitor Setup 24U2414H 1080p 60hz x2 / S2417DG 2k 165 hz G-sync

Storage Samsung M2 970 EVO 500GB / WD Gold 1 TB 7200 RPM

21 hours ago, lukeberg said:

Thank you!

Have you tried to reinstall Windows and installing one game right away to make sure it's the drivers? 

If that fixes it, it's the drivers.

If it doesn't. It's the hardware.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.