PC underperforming

lukeberg

Guys, how many times do I need to post this freaking topic before people start to get it?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/894384-stutters-framedrops-lag-how-to-provide-detailed-information-with-your-bottleneck-question-as-well-as-a-few-solutions/

It's been posted on the majority of these topics since february. I'm not saying you should all be at awe of my post, or only use that particular post (as it is pretty crudely written). But the idea of it was to inspire people to first ask for data, then analyse said data and THEN make suggestions. Not throwing spaghetti at the wall and look what sticks.

Very disappointing not a single person is asking for a single sliver of data beyond the generic userbenchmark.

8 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

I wasnt trying to be tbh. Youre definitely not the only one who recommends that, so im sorry if it seemed like that. Ive just seen so many people asking for help like the OP and so many times people are just like "reinstall the OS". 

It can sometimes be necessary to do so but i think its best to establish whats wrong so it can be hopefully quickly fixed, and if the person finds out why their computer was messed up hopefully they can prevent it from happening again.

If they have some really sophisticated rootkit then reinstalling is a good option or if SFC and DISM or other built in windows recovery doesnt work then definitely reinstall. 

But in so many threads with stuff that ends up being five minutes to fix i dont think its sound advice to reinstall. 

Okay i gotcha no hard feelings?

6 hours ago, Majestic said:

Guys, how many times do I need to post this freaking topic before people start to get it?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/894384-stutters-framedrops-lag-how-to-provide-detailed-information-with-your-bottleneck-question-as-well-as-a-few-solutions/

It's been posted on the majority of these topics since february. I'm not saying you should all be at awe of my post, or only use that particular post (as it is pretty crudely written). But the idea of it was to inspire people to first ask for data, then analyse said data and THEN make suggestions. Not throwing spaghetti at the wall and look what sticks.

Very disappointing not a single person is asking for a single sliver of data beyond the generic userbenchmark.

His computer is malfunctioning and has severely degraded performance. Its not "bottlenecking". And he gave enough info for me to write the detailed response on the previous page on how to troubleshoot and fix it. The pertinent info was: computer is SLOWER after time and tripling his GPU performance didnt benefit his performance.

5 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

His computer is malfunctioning and has severely degraded performance. Its not "bottlenecking". And he gave enough info for me to write the detailed response on the previous page on how to troubleshoot and fix it. The pertinent info was: computer is SLOWER after time and tripling his GPU performance didnt benefit his performance.

I'm not saying it's bottlenecking. I'm saying you don't know without looking at the data. For all you know it could be thermal throttling somewhere at the VRM.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:41 PM, Amazonsucks said:

Thank you for the detailed response! I really appreciate each and everyone of you guys trying to help me!
I took your advice and ran Malwarebytes (with rootkit detection) and unfortunately nothing was found.Same with the SFC command, so no progress there unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, lukeberg said:

Thank you for the detailed response! I really appreciate each and everyone of you guys trying to help me!
I took your advice and ran Malwarebytes (with rootkit detection) and unfortunately nothing was found.Same with the SFC command, so no progress there unfortunately. 

Ok how about the clean driver install and not installing GFE? GFE tends to mess stuff up.

Have you checked GPU voltages and temps while playing recently?

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:03 AM, vuki300 said:

how tf do you install windows in 10 minutes

yeah it takes ~15 minutes but  do you have no programs installed 

USB3 stick with good speeds to an SSD with good speeds I think 7-10 minutes average install time.  The ISO I use is from November 2017. 

Takes about 2 minutes to get GPU drivers...another 2 minutes to get my stress test software downloaded - unless you live in the sticks - and Im off to the races figuring out what the issue is. 

I still love that Fresh Install feeling

And I only game - so my data is on a NAS so I don't have the issues of reinstalling whenever I want to.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

18 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Ok how about the clean driver install and not installing GFE? GFE tends to mess stuff up.

Have you checked GPU voltages and temps while playing recently?

The drivers also did nothing. GPU temp around 60C in GTAV. I don't really know whats considered normal/good in MSI Afterburner when its comes to usages and such.

18 hours ago, Tristerin said:

USB3 stick with good speeds to an SSD with good speeds I think 7-10 minutes average install time.  The ISO I use is from November 2017. 

Takes about 2 minutes to get GPU drivers...another 2 minutes to get my stress test software downloaded - unless you live in the sticks - and Im off to the races figuring out what the issue is. 

I still love that Fresh Install feeling

And I only game - so my data is on a NAS so I don't have the issues of reinstalling whenever I want to.

Yes but you need to backup your files and install programs

or do you just use your computer to see if it works after reinstalling

Would take me like atleast a couple of hours to install all these

Spoiler

Razer Synapse (annoying to install)

hue+

Anydesk
Teamviewer
Steam (needs to find games on other partitions)
Vegas 15 (annoying to install)
OBS (profiles gone)
Geforce Expirience (takes some time)
Discord
Lightshot
Spotify
Photoshop (takes a minute)
Java 64
Battlenet
Opera

Specs

I7 9700k /  Hyper 212 LED / Asus Prime Z390/ 16 GB HyperX Predator RGB 3600 MHZ  / Gigabyte 1080 Ti OC / NZXT H500i / Cooler Master V1200W /

Gear Headset G430 / Mic BM 800 / Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma Ultimate / Mouse Razer Deathadder / Mousepad Razer Goliath Largest /

Monitor Setup 24U2414H 1080p 60hz x2 / S2417DG 2k 165 hz G-sync

Storage Samsung M2 970 EVO 500GB / WD Gold 1 TB 7200 RPM

4 hours ago, vuki300 said:

Yes but you need to backup your files and install programs

or do you just use your computer to see if it works after reinstalling

Would take me like atleast a couple of hours to install all these

Reveal hidden contents

Razer Synapse (annoying to install)

hue+

Anydesk
Teamviewer
Steam (needs to find games on other partitions)
Vegas 15 (annoying to install)
OBS (profiles gone)
Geforce Expirience (takes some time)
Discord
Lightshot
Spotify
Photoshop (takes a minute)
Java 64
Battlenet
Opera

No I don't need to backup - NAS - for all my photos/videos/docs I want to keep. 

As a Gamer (MY use case) it takes zero time to download games (it is the 21st Century and all, and unless you live in the sticks...you should have good internet...if you don't...I feel bad for you son...I got 99 problems but download speed aint one)

The point of the reinstall, and the topic itself, is diagnosing and fixing your PC.  If I cant use my PC, I cant use any of those programs we so dearly care about in the first place - so what matters most to me (as a father of 2 kids, business owner and full time corp job) is TIME - a reinstall is nothing, and so is downloading the bare minimum if I desire to get right back into gaming.  But we are off topic at that point - since it will either fix the issue or wont and we still have to diagnose - however we are way ahead of the game...a Fresh Install quickly can help me pinpoint the hardware issue. 

Me?  Im an above average user - so I can self diagnose (see also; Google-Fu) most issues and haven't had to reinstall Windows 10 for this reason in a long time...but for the average user, this can fix a plethora of bullcrap.  I.E. Bloatware, Stupid things that the average user downloads like explorer bars etc, malware, virus, etc.  So right out of the gate...we can eliminate software or a virus as the issue with a fresh install.  Just my 2 cents on the topic - because we are trying to help and diagnose someones PC who doesn't even know what the parts are over a modicum of communication of text on a forum.  So yes I still believe this is one of the best things the average PC user can do in times of troubles.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

• 1 month later...

I see this thread is kinda old, but wanted to ask if you got this sorted?