is this PSU any good?

not so Important
Just now, SupaKomputa said:

just say your budget and we'll try to figure it out.

at this point 50 euros

you know? I would suggest listening to what @jonnyGURU said. there really isn't getting any better for that budget. Please go and get that one or get a bigger budget

(disclaimer for @SupaKomputa and other people) this is the old tread:

On 11/27/2018 at 12:59 PM, LukeSavenije said:

you know? I would suggest listening to what @jonnyGURU said. there really isn't getting any better for that budget. Please go and get that one or get a bigger budget

(disclaimer for @SupaKomputa and other people) this is the old tread:

who jonny

Just now, not so Important said:

who jonny

Jon gerow (aka jonnyGURU) is known as a big psu reviewer, blowed up many cheap psu's and is (as far as I know) Director of PSU Engineering at Corsair Components at the moment. so You can trust him about what he recommends

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Jon gerow (aka jonnyGURU) is known as a big psu reviewer, blowed up many cheap psu's and is (as far as I know) Director of PSU Engineering at Corsair Components at the moment. so You can trust him about what he recommends

where can i find him

Just now, not so Important said:

where can i find him

he already reacted on the old tread. I tagged him into that

8 minutes ago, not so Important said:

who jonny

how dare you question his name...

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

On 11/27/2018 at 1:09 PM, SupaKomputa said:

im new here :P

On 11/27/2018 at 11:18 AM, LukeSavenije said:

I actually found a pure power 11 there. For around the same price, is that one any good in your opinion? It is out of budget tho, but it could help me a bit in the future

is this good? https://www.kilobaitas.lt/Korpusu_mait_saltiniai/Cooler_Master/Cooler_Master_MasterWatt_Bronz/MPX-5501-ACAAB-EU/CatalogStoreDetail.aspx?CatID=PL_403&ID=751491

On 11/27/2018 at 1:16 PM, LukeSavenije said:

if that's actually not the lite this time, that one's great

its not it doesnt say anything

On 11/27/2018 at 1:16 PM, LukeSavenije said:

if that's actually not the lite this time, that one's great

wait, wait, wait. what does that "bronze" at the end even mean? its not 80+. is it shit again?

It's a CM MWE bronze. Not sure how it performs. btw, the masterwatt lite is listed on the v3 tier list and it's tier 4/d. 

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

It's a CM MWE bronze. Not sure how it performs. btw, the masterwatt lite is listed on the v3 tier list and it's tier 4/d. 

so its safe to buy a mastewatt lite?

17 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

because he is @not so Important

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

On 11/27/2018 at 1:25 PM, not so Important said:

wait, wait, wait. what does that "bronze" at the end even mean? its not 80+. is it shit again?

80+ means it has a effecienty of 82-85 percent on the 230 eu internal

80+ bronze 85-88% effecienty

silver means 87-90% effecienty

gold means 90-92%

just like that. But it doesn't mean that it automaticly better

more info here

On 11/27/2018 at 1:27 PM, not so Important said:

so its safe to buy a mastewatt lite?

safe, yeah. recommended? no

On 11/27/2018 at 1:29 PM, LukeSavenije said:

80+ means it has a effecienty of 82-85 percent on the 230 eu internal

80+ bronze 85-88% effecienty

silver means 87-90% effecienty

gold means 90-92%

just like that. But it doesn't mean that it automaticly better

more info here

so is it safe to buy a masterwatt lite?

On 11/27/2018 at 1:29 PM, LukeSavenije said:

safe, yeah. recommended? no

what should i doooooooooo?

27 minutes ago, not so Important said:

what should i doooooooooo?

Listen to what I and all the other people said. Most of us are reliable sources, and know what we're talking about, or it's even their job. Take what we said and make your choise. I still stand by my tier 3/c+ recommendation, but the choise is yours

1 hour ago, not so Important said:

Nope.  That's shit too.

1 hour ago, not so Important said:

This one is good.  It's not the "Lite".  It's the Bronze.

Gotta pay attention to those CM names.  They prefix and suffix superlatives on every model making it very confusing to determine which PSU you're really looking at.

14 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Gotta pay attention to those CM names.  They prefix and suffix superlatives on every model making it very confusing to determine which PSU you're really looking at.

So this is a normal masterwatt? When I searched that model number I found it as mwe, is it the same?

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

So this is a normal masterwatt? When I searched that model number I found it as mwe, is it the same?

I think the "E" stands for "Elite".  They used to have an "Elite" before they replaced everything with "MasterWatt XXXX"

But it's full range, Bronze, rated at 40°C, rifle bearing....   It's still double forward, but uses DC to DC for the +3.3V and +5V (except for the 450W).  OEM is HEC.  So all and all, it's WAYYYYYYYY better than the Zalman and the MW Lite.

Now, Cooler Master does make this confusing by using "MWE" for two different products.  That's why you look at the MPX-5501-ACAAB part of the part number that's in the URL.  There's also an MWE that isn't "Lite" that's 80 PLUS White and 230V only.  So confusing.

5 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

I think the "E" stands for "Elite".  They used to have an "Elite" before they replaced everything with "MasterWatt XXXX"

But it's full range, Bronze, rated at 40°C, rifle bearing....   It's still double forward, but uses DC to DC for the +3.3V and +5V (except for the 450W).  OEM is HEC.  So all and all, it's WAYYYYYYYY better than the Zalman and the MW Lite.

Now, Cooler Master does make this confusing by using "MWE" for two different products.  That's why you look at the MPX-5501-ACAAB part of the part number that's in the URL.  There's also an MWE that isn't "Lite" that's 80 PLUS White and 230V only.  So confusing.

Hmm... good to know. Are you also helping on the v3 tier list? I already asked for a tier z, but they didn't respond yet

2 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

That Cooler Master MWE Bronze 550W is group regulated. Only 600W and 650W are DC-DC for minor rails, while 450, 500 and 550W are group regulated.

On 11/27/2018 at 5:55 PM, OrionFOTL said:

That Cooler Master MWE Bronze 550W is group regulated. Only 600W and 650W are DC-DC for minor rails, while 450, 500 and 550W are group regulated.

Ah... I thought only the 450 was group regulated. 

Still better than the Zalman or MW Lite. 

On 11/27/2018 at 3:50 PM, LukeSavenije said:

Hmm... good to know. Are you also helping on the v3 tier list? I already asked for a tier z, but they didn't respond yet

No.  Because the current approach to tier lists is stupid. 

17 hours ago, not so Important said:

they are not its been around for 20 years so im pretty sure there is no point to lie. also it has great reviews, 2 of the laptops and a tv was bought from there.

nope thats the only, only pc parts store here, others are in  like major tech shops but everything is overpriced there and also mostly unbranded shit

False. Kilobaitas is known as one of more expensive stores, especially considering that they do not really have retail stores anymore. 

@Stefan Payne Is System Power 9 a better choice than Masterwatt?
https://www.1a.lt/kompiuteriu_komponentai_tinklo_produktai/korpusas_ir_ausinimas/maitinimo_blokai/be_quiet_system_power_9_500w

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

3 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

I'd say so, yes.

Though the Master Watt probably has a bit better fan, overall I'd choose the System Power 9.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"