is this PSU any good?

not so Important
Just now, LukeSavenije said:

single rail 80 plus? not really

maybe something like a cx550m is something for you?

what does that mean

that it only has one 12 volt rail and a rather low effecienty these days. and i didn't even look up the securities on that thing.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

that it only has one 12 volt rail and a rather low effecienty these days. and i didn't even look up the securities on that thing.

what about this? https://www.kilobaitas.lt/Korpusu_mait_saltiniai/Corsair/CORSAIR_VS450_450W_Power_Suppl/CP-9020170-EU/CatalogStoreDetail.aspx?CatID=PL_403&ID=783710

On 11/27/2018 at 8:35 AM, LukeSavenije said:

better, but still not recommended. look up this list and search for something tier 3 or higher

but it wont to power anything too good only a i5 2500 and rx560... i really dont have any money left for a new psu

Just now, not so Important said:

but it wont to power anything too good only a i5 2500 and rx560... i really dont have any money left for a new psu

I know. but we're talking about a certain quality here. if  your psu blows, your whole system dies. you want something good even if you're on a budget. not that the vs is bad, but you can do a lot better imo

On 11/27/2018 at 8:38 AM, LukeSavenije said:

I know. but we're talking about a certain quality here. if  your psu blows, your whole system dies. you want something good even if you're on a budget. not that the vs is bad, but you can do a lot better imo

how bad is the VS series? i can look around for more

how bout this https://www.kilobaitas.lt/Korpusu_mait_saltiniai/Cooler_Master/Cooler_Master_power_supply_Mas/MPX-5001-ACABW-EU/CatalogStoreDetail.aspx?CatID=PL_403&ID=718954

On 11/27/2018 at 8:40 AM, not so Important said:

how bad is the VS series? i can look around for more

I'll quote jonnyguru on this one

think it should be pretty obvious that VS is a "not great" PSU when it's the cheapest Corsair branded PSU you can get. The old version (the one with the yellow label) can't even run a 1080 Ti without rebooting!

But hey... there are a lot worse out there. wink.gif And at least the new version (gray label) is slightly better.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:42 AM, not so Important said:

still not it. what does tier 3+ cost you?

whats 3 tier

look at that tier list posted a little above. then tier 3, 2 or 1. the best you can get for your money

1 minute ago, not so Important said:

whats 3 tier

read the bloody psu tier list he gave m8. You can do research yourself you know

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

1 minute ago, lmeneses said:

read the bloody psu tier list he gave m8. You can do research yourself you know

psu's can be confusing. sometimes I lose track too. then I link someone like Jon Gerow (johnnyguru) to them. but here it's not needed (yet)

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

look at that tier list posted a little above. then tier 3, 2 or 1. the best you can get for your money

but wait this is tier 3 isnt it? https://www.kilobaitas.lt/Korpusu_mait_saltiniai/Cooler_Master/Cooler_Master_power_supply_Mas/MPX-5001-ACABW-EU/CatalogStoreDetail.aspx?CatID=PL_403&ID=718954

psu's can be confusing. sometimes I lose track too. then I link someone like Jon Gerow (johnnyguru) to them. but here it's not needed (yet)

Yea, even I sometimes get confused by the specs of them, but you can still read the name of a psu and then look at the tier list and see where it lands. 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

Just now, lmeneses said:

Yea, even I sometimes get confused by the specs of them, but you can still read the name of a psu and then look at the tier list and see where it lands. 

they are actually working on a v3 list, as this one misses newer psu's and the creater is permanently logged off. but it's a nice guideline so you don't have to go trough hours of reviews

nope, the masterwatt (non lite) is tier 3, this one isn't

can i just use tier 2? tier 3 psu's are hella expensive

On 11/27/2018 at 8:53 AM, not so Important said:

can i just use tier 2? tier 3 psu's are hella expensive

tier 2 is better. its 1>2>3. that's what you have to pay for quality my friend. some countries really suck with psu prices

On 11/27/2018 at 8:53 AM, Neftex said:

@LukeSavenije single rail is fine btw

yeah, but it's a indication of a cheap psu (sometimes). it's just like with effecienty. you can't judge on it, but it helps judging

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

tier 2 is better. its 1>2>3. that's what you have to pay for quality my friend. some countries really suck with psu prices

yeah i see that. and to make matters worse, this is the only reliable computer component hardware store in all of lithuania... yikes. is the cooler master wattmaster tier 2? if not then i dont even know what to do

yeah i see that. and to make matters worse, this is the only reliable computer component hardware store in all of lithuania... yikes. is the cooler master wattmaster tier 2? if not then i dont even know what to do

once again it's the lower number the better. masterwatt light would be around tier 4/5. the masterwatt (non-light) is actually tier 3 I thought

once again it's the lower number the better. masterwatt light would be around tier 4/5. the masterwatt (non-light) is actually tier 3 I thought

so i go with that one?