Sexual related work should be taxed (Clean and safe for work)

kaddle

it has come to my attention recently that people doing sexual related work on snapchat have had the whistle blown on them for not reporting their taxes for the money they receive from the sexual work. now let me be clear that this post is not about sexism. i'm just going with the flow, and i just so happen to be a MGTOW supporter and a gender equality supporter. its likely not just the sex workers on snapchat having the whistle blown on them. i don't know the full scope of this, but it's big enough to get attention from a lot of people. it did not start with this, but the reason i am making this post now is because i happen to be exposed to a facebook post made by a rich female who's posts appear on my feed from time to time. we are going to examine this post and dismantle it completely in order to reach the reasonable, practical, and logical conclusion that this kind of work should be taxed.

Spoiler

tmp.png

first of all, in her original post she is attempting to take the moral high ground and the "fair" point of view. she did not bring it up in her first post, but in the comments made after it seems the main problem they have is that they just don't like the actions taken by men against females. this already discredits her original post which was supposed to be moral and fair.

her only reasons why sexual work should not be taxed is because they pay taxes for other things, they have to spend some money to work, and sometimes work conditions are not safe. all of these reasons are meaningless. the men who are paying the sexual workers are also taxed on all of the money they make, probably have to spend money to work (buying food, money to travel to work, etc), and probably work in potentially unsafe conditions (warehouse, factory, construction, etc). there is not a single good reason why females should have a potentially large source of income completely exempt from tax when the money men use to pay the sex workers are taxed from the men as well. there are females making tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars per day doing this kind of work and somehow there are people who think that this is the only source of income on the planet that should be exempt from tax? that's ludicrous on multiple levels.

i mean, the main thing she is doing is pushing for men to stop blowing the whistle on female sex workers. the fact is that the income is supposed to be taxed by the government. so why would it be okay for female sex workers to break the law but it's not okay for men to report them for breaking the law? she is clearly advocating for female superiority which is wrong.

feel free to post your opinions on the topic of whether income from sexual related work should be taxed, your opinions before reading this post related to after reading this post, your opinions on this post in general and how you feel about my opinions, and your opinions on the facebook post in the picture.

Edited by SansVarnic
Placed photo in spoiler.

See, you say this is not about sexism, yet you make this wholly about sex and gender.

While I believe that your intentions weren't sexist, the argument you make is quite sexist. You're entirely referring to sex workers as females, while you assume their customers are entirely male.

You argument can easily be made without referring to the gender of whomever is fisting their nether regions on Snapchat and whoever is watching.

If you make an income you should be taxed, full fucking stop. Unless you wanna argue against all kinds of income taxation that is.

The only issue I can see related to this, is that sex work is either outright illegal, or in a legal grey area, in a lot of places. It can therefore be considered a hypocritical stance that the state should tax sex workers, but not recognize their work as legitimate.

Another issue could be a correlation between payment and service. While I'm far from a legal expert in this realm, there could be an argument made for the payments being donations rather than payment for a concrete service. Although, this would be unique to online sex work and not be applicable to street walkers.

On a side not, it's not really a good way to present your argument by stating yor preconcived bias up front. 

When you start off by stating you conclusion you're essentially stating that you have a confirmation bias. You argue for a conclusion rather than concluding based on the argument. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The thing is, according to the IRS, any person claiming self employment who makes $400 USD or more in the year must file a 1040 form and pay taxes. Any person claiming to not be employed cannot make more than $20,000 a year from any source of income (with a few exceptions) without having to file an income tax.

However, the law regarding this subject matter is basically non existent and will, unfortunately, most likely be fleshed out in the courts rather than the legislature.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

6 minutes ago, Volbet said:

See, you say this is not about sexism, yet you maketjis wholly about sex and gender.

While I believe that your intentions weren't sexist, the argument you make is quite sexist. You're enterly referring to sex workers as females, while you assume their customers are entirely male.

You argument can easily be made without referring to the gender of whomever is fisting their nether regions on Snapchat and whoever is watching.

If you make an income you should be taxed, full fucking stop. Unless you wanna argue against all kinds of taxation that is.

i wasn't able to explain the full picture of the topic in my OP, so my argument was mainly based around the facebook post. in the facebook post she made it seem like her points were moral and fair but in the comments it became clear that in her mind it was mainly a male vs female thing. since i was responding to that i simply followed suit. before referencing the facebook post i was completely gender neutral in my description.

18 minutes ago, kaddle said:

i wasn't able to explain the full picture of the topic in my OP, so my argument was mainly based around the facebook post. in the facebook post she made it seem like her points were moral and fair but in the comments it became clear that in her mind it was mainly a male vs female thing. since i was responding to that i simply followed suit. before referencing the facebook post i was completely gender neutral in my description.

Well, I'll comment on what I have, but seemingly I'm missing some context. 

The Facebook thread you posted is refering to a specific case (her and her clients) while you're making a general argument. 

That's why your gendering of the issue is completely out of place, unless you're trying to make this a gendered issue. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

5 minutes ago, kaddle said:

but in the comments it became clear that in her mind it was mainly a male vs female thing. since i was responding to that i simply followed suit.

so she made it gendered, so you followed suit... In other words you kept it gendered. 

DON'T follow suit with people who you are arguing to be sexist. Simple

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Doesn't have to be a flame thread if you just use your head.

1) Everyone should pay taxes no matter what kind of job they do 
2) Sex work isn't real work anyway and in some countries even illegal and is just an excuse to make easy money on real "incels", the kind of people they usually make fun of without realizing they are the whole audience, basically just sad people with nothing to do and without a girlfriend.
3) I appreciate the kind of feminists who fight for the real gender equality and not for the toxic one that just care about making a war against men and just searching for easy escamotages for having an easy life and every privilege in the world, making the counter-sense of the whole feminism 

7 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

1) Everyone should pay taxes no matter what kind of job they do 
2) Sex work isn't real work anyway and in some countries even illegal and is just an excuse to make easy money on real "incels", the kind of people they usually make fun of without realizing they are the whole audience, basically just sad people with nothing to do and without a girlfriend.
3) I appreciate the kind of feminists who fight for the real gender equality and not for the toxic one that just care about making a war against men and just searching for easy escamotages for having an easy life and every privilege in the world, making the counter-sense of the whole feminism 

it is considered "real work" in Europe. There's legislation in Germany that clearly defines sex workers and they have to register. The Idea was to protect sex workers from pimps exploiting them. In addition it provides health checks and counselling for sex workers. So much for the Theory. In practice this has actually led to increased illegal business where women are brought into Germany mainly from poor eastern block states because there's less strict laws on prostitution here than anywhere else. Of course these people don't register but instead flood the market with extremely cheap offers and doing things that "normal" prostitutes wouldn't even do. These women are NOT doing this by choice obviously and sadly the market for prostitution doesn't just consist of "sad people without girlfriends"but fucked up individuals that actually want some kind of non-consentual sex, basically rape fantasies. People are just so fucked up. (I mean have you watched altered carbon?)

So legalizing isn't really the way but outlawing it isn't either. It's hard to say which causes less suffering.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

-= Locked =-

Intentional or not this thread is a flame bait topic with flame war potential.

For of which we have rules against such, and there has been plenty of similar topics to prove this in the forums history.

3 hours ago, Lukyp said:

I am just going to highlight a portion of a quote here...

No trolling or flame-bait.

• This includes topics such as AMD vs NVIDIA, "company X sucks", and political or religious debates

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER