Windows 10 Vs MacOS Resource Usage. Dose anybody know were this relevant data?

Windows 10 Vs MacOS Resource Usage. Dose anybody know were this relevant data? I'm interested in comparing to two operating systems. 

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Like idle resource usage?

Or performance in programs.

The idle resource usage of a os is normally low enough it won't matter.

Were would I find performance programs numbers then?

1 minute ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

Were would I find performance programs numbers then?

There are a few comparisons.

But it really depends on the use case and programs. For example blender does much faster cpu rendering on osx, but the adobe suite is slightly faster on windows.

But most of the time the difference is pretty small and you won't notice it. Use the os that you like the gui of more or works better for your workflow, performance is similar.

macOS seems faster for me.

Also for some reason it seems like Windows' Task Manager sometimes hides some processes from the list, because sometimes you have like 100% CPU usage yet the highest one on the list is 1%. Haven't had any of that in macOS's Activity Monitor. Also you can make the dock icon a usage graph which is quite useful:

image.png.38beb6783078bbd39773e92c00198011.png 

🙂

On 11/13/2018 at 1:17 AM, duncannah said:

Also you can make the dock icon a usage graph which is quite useful:

image.png.38beb6783078bbd39773e92c00198011.png 

how did you do that? like the 4 graphs? if i do that i only get one upright bar... 

She/Her

On 11/15/2018 at 9:53 AM, firelighter487 said:

how did you do that? like the 4 graphs? if i do that i only get one upright bar... 

It was like that by default for me. Try View > Dock Icon

🙂

1 minute ago, duncannah said:

It was like that by default for me. Try View > Dock Icon

1591631153_ScreenShot2018-11-16at11_42_04.png.df23ad034577ecdcbd139a277e0edae0.png

if i do show cpu usage i get one upright bar, and if i do cpu history i get one bar, not 4... 

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

1591631153_ScreenShot2018-11-16at11_42_04.png.df23ad034577ecdcbd139a277e0edae0.png

if i do show cpu usage i get one upright bar, and if i do cpu history i get one bar, not 4... 

My CPU only has 4 threads but yours has 8, so it could be that it just merges all of it into one

🙂

Just now, duncannah said:

My CPU only has 4 threads but yours has 8, so it could be that it just merges all of it into one

i would assume it would show me the 4 core's... but you could be right. 

She/Her

• 2 weeks later...

Don't makes much sense to compare resource usage, first of all because windows 10 uses a sort of memory compression and won't give comparable results (unless you try Linux + zram)

Also, schedulers are different and if I'm not wrong is something like the typical BSD one in MacOS, also it's a lot more aggressive with caching in RAM than windows and despite to what people might think, MacOS is overall lighter speaking of CPU usage, very comparable to Linux instead 

Also different philosophies, Windows 10 is known to be as a "service" meaning that it's always doing things in background while MacOS is more like a normal operating system