Low profile radiator and fans?

I'm building a pc in a laptop housing (an old Asus G2S), and I only have 20mm of height to work with in the case, but I want to water cool it. Any suggestions on a low profile radiator with fans below 20mm?

Low profile fans are 15mm.

There are no 5mm thick radiators.

Why would you ever try putting watercooling in a laptop...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, potato_man said:

I'm building a pc in a laptop housing (an old Asus G2S), and I only have 20mm of height to work with in the case, but I want to water cool it. Any suggestions on a low profile radiator with fans below 20mm?

Water does not magically keep the components cool, you are better off investing that space into heatpipes and finstacks.

there arent any decent coolers under 20mm so i decided to try watercooling...

how are you building a pc in a laptop case without it not at all fitting

like the laptop case is thinner than the I/O on a motherboard so im confused what you're trying to do here

Image result for /medias/sys_master/images/images/h8e/h3b/8838153633822/-CW-9060023-WW-Gallery-HG5-SF-01.png

i basically want something like this which uses a blower fan but its height needs to be below 20mm (this is around 30mm tall)

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

how are you building a pc in a laptop case without it not at all fitting

like the laptop case is thinner than the I/O on a motherboard so im confused what you're trying to do here

im using an asus prime h310t motherboard (thin mini itx) and not putting a gpu in it

3 minutes ago, potato_man said:

there arent any decent coolers under 20mm so i decided to try watercooling...

Water cooling is not going to be any lower profile than air cooling.......................

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, potato_man said:

im using an asus prime h310t motherboard (thin mini itx) and not putting a gpu in it

is there a reason an already assembled laptop wouldn't work for what you're doing becuase with no gpu whatever you are building is going to cost more , look worse , and run slower than a premade used laptop

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

is there a reason an already assembled laptop wouldn't work for what you're doing becuase with no gpu whatever you are building is going to cost more , look worse , and run slower than a premade used laptop

i need the extra power from a desktop chip but cannot fork out thousands for something like a eurocom laptop

7 minutes ago, potato_man said:

i need the extra power from a desktop chip but cannot fork out thousands for something like a eurocom laptop

what cpu are you planning on using

and why is a small atx case the board is made for not an option?

1 minute ago, emosun said:

what cpu are you planning on using

and why is a small atx case the board is made for not an option?

its a laptop, and the chip would be the i9-9900k

Just now, potato_man said:

its a laptop, and the chip would be the i9-9900k

and you want this 9900k to work with a tiny water cooler in a tiny case off of a barrel jack for power then

XSPC Produces 20 (ish) mm thick radiators, so relying on passive dissipation and having a large surface area would be the only way to go with this thickness. There are no 20 mm fans for it to be even sideways.

However, even with the XSPC radiator, you still need space for the fittings, which would bring it way over. so game over.

I would say you should seriously reconsider your use-case (which I am curious, what is your use case?) and why not consider either a normal laptop, or an mITX system.

Remember that a thermally throttling CPU can be much worst performer than a non-thermally throttling lower end CPU.

• 2 months later...

*ignore post, didn't realize the grave digging here*

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!