Best Inside PC Lighting Kit?

GAMINGGUY

asuming you have a RGB header on your motherboard, just any strip that fits there, like from cablemod

1 hour ago, acv159357n said:

asuming you have a RGB header on your motherboard, just any strip that fits there, like from cablemod

how does i do a know if i have rgb header

Check your motherboard manual. If it doesn't, then for that price range the best are the led strip kits you can find off of Amazon. They aren't specifically designed for PCs, but they work just fine and start out at around $15 USD.

Think I have the cable mod set. Rgb I think cost a tad more but it’s only a 60m kit. Isn’t enough tonlibe my whole case. Should be close enough to that budget. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

On 9/28/2018 at 10:47 PM, CableMod said:

@GAMINGGUY check out the CableMod WideBeam Magnetic RGB LED kit.

Does it have a software that works with them, and can it sync with other brands, such as aura sync etc?

3 hours ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Does it have a software that works with them, and can it sync with other brands, such as aura sync etc?

@GAMINGGUY this kit is a standalone RF receiver with controller included. Otherwise if you have a compatible header we do have various LEDs that are compatible with the different RGB headers. (3-pin 5v addressable LEDs, 4-pin 12v standard RGB LEDs, and 5-pin 12v hybrid RGB/W and RGB/UV LEDs)

23 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@GAMINGGUY this kit is a standalone RF receiver with controller included. Otherwise if you have a compatible header we do have various LEDs that are compatible with the different RGB headers. (3-pin 5v addressable LEDs, 4-pin 12v standard RGB LEDs, and 5-pin 12v hybrid RGB/W and RGB/UV LEDs)

ok cool, thanks for the response!

Depends what kind of stuff you want. You want static lighting? Get a colored led strip for 2 bucks from any chinese webshop. Do you want a fading rgb led strip? Get the same for 3 bucks. Do you want rgb addressable stuff? You can get those for like 5 bucks.

If you want it to be controlled by your PC then you should look into NZXT Hue or Corsair Lighting Node or the other stuff I think Thermaltake does it now too, but those are 10x more costy. However it's what all the cool kids use, so if you wanna pimp with your PC you should look into that stuff. If you just want permanent rainbow that isnt controlled by your computer, get a cheap addressable rgb strip from a chinese webshop instead.

Cable mod is very nice but expensive. You can also go along with Corsair lighting nod. The leds are great and also have very good quality . There is a hub to connect them and ICUE  software to control them perfectly. 

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

• 2 weeks later...

I Agree with Enochian and ramm

The corsair stuff works pretty good but is also a bit exy.. ... i'm keen to get my hands on some TT gear to test out.

It's still a WIP but this is a sample of the corsair lighting node with 2 of their LED strips... kit has 4 strips.