Is there a decent 10" tablet on the market?

kabamman

As the title says plus do you think with Android pies enhancements do you think they'll be releasing a tablet soon?

Google said, Android Pie will not be supported on tablets. that's why Pixel C went EoL. And most likely, it won't change, because Google is entirely ditching Tablets.

Companies like Huawei and Samsung will continue to deliver updates, and they WILL bring Android Pie on their Tablets (but only the new ones probably).

However, since Google ditched Tablets, Android will have Zero optimization/support for anything Tablet related. No Tablet-optimized Apps, Features etc.

It's entirely at Huawei or samsung with their UI to bring any optimizations for that size.

Many Apps will just be "blown up" to the bigger size, not making use of the additional space.

And the Updates situation on Tablets, even high end tablets (see Samsung Tab S lineup) is much worse than on the Smartphones itself ^^

But the new Tab S4 (way too expensive if you ask me), that ships with Android 8.1, should be updated to Android Pie hopefully this year. Otherwise, it's just sad. If Pie update never comes, this Tablet is dead on arrival.

I would strongly recommend, even as an Android-Guy, to stick to iPad when it comes to Tablets. MUCH better OS, OS Optimization, App quality, quantity and App optimization (many Apps just for iPad)

huawei M5,10.8'',It's great builded, fast and battery last very long. Ive use google maps with gps on for an hour and didn't drop a percentage from the battery.

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2019 at 3:37 PM, Mariza said:

No offense but.. this is obviously advertising your own Blog.

Aside from the Fact, this Thread is like 1 Year and 3 Months old with no Posts so far. I'm sure, he already found a Tablet.

Why is the iPad 2019 missing? It came out the day this Article was written.

Slightly more expensive, but comes with a bigger screen and 3gb Ram instead of 2gb Ram (a huge benefit).

Why is the 1 year old iPad Pro 11" missing? Yea, 11" is not 10", but.. 10,5" is also not 10". Case size is almost the same. It should have been included. ^^

It's great you included the iPad Pro 10,5". But it's slowly EOL, so difficult to get for a good Price.
Where is the iPad Air 3?

Where is the Tab S6? It was out over a Month when you wrote that Article.

Where is the Tab S5e?

It looks, like you wrote an Article in September 2018, but posted it in September 2019.
The most interesting Tablets are not there.

In my Opinion: NOONE should refer to this Link, because the Article is just bad.