Alternative to Razer Orbweaver Stealth (Research Post)

TVwazhere

I've considered getting gamepads like this that have the joystick for better control over things like character movement and driving (currently use a controller for that)

https://www.razer.com/Gaming-Keyboard/Razer-Orbweaver-Chroma/p/RZ07-01440200-R3M1

I'm wondering if there are any alternatives. On Razers Website it's $100 (cant get the stealth variation anywhere else it seems, which i prefer as a Cherry MX Brown user)

• Preference to Mechanical switches (MX Browns, I believe's Razers Equivalent is Orange, unsure of the Khale (kale? Khail?) versions)
  • Joystick is a must, its kinda the main reason I consider options like this, otherwise I'd just stick to the keyboard)
  • RGB not required

I've seen the Logitech G13 but it is VERY expensive and membrane keys, and XFUNY's Gaming Keypad doesnt have a joystick (also blue switches). Razers other offerings like the Nostromo and Tartarus are older and have less features. I'm also not seconds away from pulling the trigger on anything, just curious to see what else is out there that 15 minutes on google couldnt show me

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

This part of the world of computer Peripherals is kinda lame. Lame as in it's a very small market.

The Tartarus v2 is basically the Orbweaver but w/ scroll wheel and membrane switches. Cheaper too.

There are def no Khali switch versions of these. I would search around massdrop though as these kind of things usually pop up in the mech section.

But otherwise if you really want mech keys the orbweaver is pretty much one of a kind. I will search around for you a bit more though.

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

FINISHED BUILD - VIEW PROFILE

If you say I'm not always right, but I am, I will say I am right. 

rekt

5 minutes ago, MrShinny said:

But otherwise if you really want mech keys the orbweaver is pretty much one of a kind. I will search around for you a bit more though.

Dont kill yourself over this if you cant find anything, this was mostly a "I'm assuming this is rare but just in case there's a secret gem burried somewhere anyone knows about" post.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Dont kill yourself over this if you cant find anything, this was mostly a "I'm assuming this is rare but just in case there's a secret gem burried somewhere anyone knows about" post.

Yeah haha. You could get a mech numpad and a joystick similar to the one on a xbox or ps controller. I feel like that would be more sketchy than an actually orbweaver but in theory be more comfortable as you can choose if you want a wrist rest or not and what kind.

Something like this

EDIT: this for your thumb next to something like this

Please quote me or @ me in your response so I get a notification.                                                                       I really really really really like small text.

Occupation: Gamer | Hours: 24/7 Full-Time | Hourly Pay: 0 | Benefits: Chick Magnet

rekt

This is a disappointing space indeed.  I have the orbweaver and it's been great but the options are limited for game pads with a thumb stick.  My only 'complaint' is the keycaps are not 'normal' and are quite difficult to find custom ones that will fit the board. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

30 minutes ago, Velcade said:

This is a disappointing space indeed.  I have the orbweaver and it's been great but the options are limited for game pads with a thumb stick.  My only 'complaint' is the keycaps are not 'normal' and are quite difficult to find custom ones that will fit the board. 

They're not the typical + design? I thought even Razers new keyboards were like that

It will be a struggle to find a right keycap to replace. It will also take some getting used to.

lGcERrQ.thumb.jpg.a831ec3a00f3043b59617c01740ad522.jpg

rekt

They're low profile caps.  Searching around I haven't been able to find replacement keys.  I'd like to have it mapped out like I use the keys instead of just 01 - 20 caps

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, MrShinny said:

It will be a struggle to find a right keycap to replace. It will also take some getting used to.

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

They're low profile caps.  Searching around I haven't been able to find replacement keys.  I'd like to have it mapped out like I use the keys instead of just 01 - 20 caps

Ah now I see why theyre special. To be fair though, it makes sense that theyd do that, but it kinda sucks no one makes them like that. I think it's because pads like that aernt popular enough for custom keycap makers to design the per key kit that would essentially have to be done for each type of "Orbweaver" knockoff.

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

^

Also you can mod it to support more common profile switches. IMO it would be worth it, but then honistly you would be better of getting a nice number pad and get some kind of joystick to tape on there haha.

rekt

I have owned the g13, orbweaver, wolfking warrior, nostromo

I have decided to give up the thumb stick but I did go with genovation 682

now they have cp48