AMD GPU doesn't feel like 60fps

John.U

I have a Intel and Nvidia setup with a gtx 560 ti and 3570k for my personal rig, but this is the second time I've built a  AMD based gpu rig with the 7000 series and while playing games it does not feel nearly as smooth as my computer, even though they are both running at 60fps. The AMD rig seems to microstutter/stutter. Is this just a common thing with AMD gpu's, and is there any fix? Also I've tried the Riva Tuner fix where you cap the fps to 59.

which 7xxx series gpu did you use? there's a significant difference between a 7750 and a 7970

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Are you using different monitors for each build?

Diamond 5 in League :)

enable v sync

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Some people reported microstuttering issues with certain 7xxx cards, though its a very low percentage. i also have a 7970, but never had any problems with it.

Edit: Always try to use latest beta driver available, if you have AMD :)

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

both running a 60fps ?

AMD released a fix a while ago PCper and anand proved that they fixed the issue

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

both running a 60fps ?

AMD released a fix a while ago PCper and anand proved that they fixed the issue

Amd frame pacing technology only works on crossfire setups

Amd frame pacing technology only works on crossfire setups

as only crossfire had the frame pacing issue. :)

You're probably not comparing cards of equal graphical computation power. Science, preform it.

I'm running two HD 7950s in crossfire, and I don't notice any stutter at all....

I would hope not....

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."