Whoosh - The Airplane and Airline Thread

handymanshandle
2 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Not an airliner or airplane. But I really wished the Avro Arrow CF-105 didn't get scrapped and actually pushed into production:

Image result for avro arrow

Image result for avro arrow

It was intended to fly, so I mean. It's an airplane lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

It was intended to fly, so I mean. It's an airplane lol

Lol, but it's classified as an interceptor jet that's bigger than a bus.

3 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Lol, but it's classified as an interceptor jet that's bigger than a bus.

Well another thing Avro made that was pretty cool was the AvroRJ/BAe 146 a regional jet with 4 engines.

1920px-Swiss_British_Aerospace_Avro_146-

Like why lol

1 minute ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Well another thing Avro made that was pretty cool was the AvroRJ/BAe 146 a regional jet with 4 engines.

Wow, I've never really seen one of those before. That's pretty cool how they managed to have 4 engines on a tiny plane. Kinda reminds me of how there is 8 engines on the Boeing B-52H Stratofortress.

Image result for boeing b-52h stratofortress 8 engine

Woah interesting, this redirect seems fairly new to the C-Series.

gyffg6.png

Airbus_A220_Family.jpg

You know, I wished instead of complaining about dumping Boeing would've tried to beat Airbus's offer in buying out the program.

18 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

image.png.b8217cbf766b97784848994aadbef096.png

Speaking of these babies, I'm reminded of my favorite military story of all time,

Major Brian Shul:

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

6 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Speaking of these babies, I'm reminded of my favorite military story of all time,

Major Brian Shul

that is a great story, 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

My favorite plane is the Antinov An225 Mirya. Only 1 of them in existence too ( currently ).

An225.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

not an airline guy but love military aviation, I really like WW2 planes like Hawker Hurricane, Spitfire, BF - 109, B-17, B-29, and some newer planes like the B-36, B-52, A-4 sky hawk, personal favorite the B-1, the A-10, F-111, F-115, F-16, F-18, and the F-22 however I hate and I mean HATE the F-35 lighting and the fact we have payed 1.5 trillion dollars already for a plane that can barely function right and can't even fly within 25 miles of lighting what its named after and I think its gonna be like the Phantom II with a 1:2 ratio of 1 kill for every 2 shot down.

hope its obvious why I didn't link images lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Never understood why the US tariffed the CSeries. Had to sell a majority stake in the poor program to Airbus... Canadian taxpayers loaned A LOT of that money to Bombardier... interest free.

Thanks the US.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

30 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

My favorite plane is the Antinov An225 Mirya. Only 1 of them in existence too ( currently ).

An225.jpg

Big ass lad.

18 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Never understood why the US tariffed the CSeries. Had to sell a majority stake in the poor program to Airbus... Canadian taxpayers loaned A LOT of that money to Bombardier... interest free.

Thanks the US.

Simple: to protect what Boeing makes. Every political entity does it, (trust me, neither Canada nor the European Union are clean in this regard) it's just something countries do to help domestic manufacturers.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The Concorde is my favorite civilian aircraft. Too bad that we've regressed back to subsonic only transport(and no Space Shuttle). By now futurists had predicted flying cars and hypersonic civilian transports. 

The Lockheed L-1011 is probably the nicest subsonic jetliner yet.

Its amazing to watch documentaries on Concorde or L-1011 and see just how advanced planes were back then and how the mentality changed over the years toward cheapess over quality.

While technically a spacecraft, my favorite flying vehicle would have to be the Space Shuttle.

DEFINITELY the coolest turbomachinery of any flying vehicle.

54 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Thanks the US.

Actually no the USITC determined that the C-Series posed no national threat or threat to Boeing or w/e

and now it's the Airbus A220. Ik C-Series was better lol

But being branded as an Airbus might help... Jetblue announced an order for like 60 A220s

12 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

The Concorde is my favorite civilian aircraft. Too bad that we've regressed back to subsonic only transport(and no Space Shuttle). By now futurists had predicted flying cars and hypersonic civilian transports.

Didnt they think by 2000 we'd have those things?

Oh and for the second part, eh I don't think it was so much about cheapness over quality. It's more so about efficiency more than anything.

39 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Simple: to protect what Boeing makes. Every political entity does it, (trust me, neither Canada nor the European Union are clean in this regard) it's just something countries do to help domestic manufacturers.

@LienusLateTips this too

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Boeing doesn't make any competitors

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

10 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Eh they wanna try and argue that airlines could step up to their 737-700/MAX7 but eh it's not really comparable.

airlines like jetblue and what not all have planes of that class. There's a reason JetBlue is replacing it's E190s with A220s. They already operate A319s, A320s and A321s for their main service.

I like lots of planes. BAe-146 is one of my favourites.

Fly to North Korea next week so am hoping I will be on an Antonov An-148. Have a business class flight from Brisbane to Shenzhen on Hainan airlines in the way over so pretty keen for that.

I have a generic travel Vlog that I review airlines on if anyone’s interested. I do a good job! An example:

https://youtu.be/-4LtAKH4QJQ

Not the greatest fan of the A380, but holy crap is it nice to be a passenger onboard that thing. Flew on the Emirates 2-class version in economy on the second floor, a few rows from the very front, and it was incredibly quiet. Compared to the 777 and A330, it was night and day. And we had storage areas under the windows, which was really nice for storing snacks. Spacious, quiet and with a really nice IFE system. 7 hours was no issue. 

But the A380 looks so ugly. It's like a fat whale. Could be worse, though. Some of the 1950s planes were even more hideous. Just look at this thing...

Spoiler

Air_France_Breguet_763_Provence_Manteufe

As for a plane I actually do really like the look of, it's oddly the 757-300. The longest single isle aircraft in the world. It looks disproportionately long, much like the A340-600, but it looks nice, weirdly. Not that I would want to be a passenger, as the boarding and deplaning would take ages, and because it's old and outdated in terms of passenger comfort. 

Idk what the point of my post was, but whatever. 

4 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

Thanks the US.

The duty got removed, though. Which is nice. 

:)

4 hours ago, LienusLateTips said:

You could argue something like their various 737 variants are "competitors", but I'm sure lobbying does a good job of securing your financial future.

They should bring something like the MD-95 717 back again.

I think Linus himself is a bit of an avgeek too. I just watched his airplane cell phone vid, and earlier caught his TCAS vid. I’m the same, love tech and love planes... My absolute favourite plane is the 747. Queen of the sky. Sorry to see it’s decline in popularity over the cheaper, more economical 787.  

Youtube has some great vids of people with their own flight simulators, which they built themselves with old aircraft parts. That would make a great vid, build your own flight simulator!

If if anyone is interested in jet engines themselves, there is a great channel called AgentJayZ... also Canadian. He actually shows you how they work, like in detail, showing you the parts... 

1 minute ago, Luke Lovett said:

I think Linus himself is a bit of an avgeek too. I just watched his airplane cell phone vid, and earlier caught his TCAS vid. I’m the same, love tech and love planes... My absolute favourite plane is the 747. Queen of the sky. Sorry to see it’s decline in popularity over the cheaper, more economical 787.  

Youtube has some great vids of people with their own flight simulators, which they built themselves with old aircraft parts. That would make a great vid, build your own flight simulator!

If if anyone is interested in jet engines themselves, there is a great channel called AgentJayZ... also Canadian. He actually shows you how they work, like in detail, showing you the parts... 

Honestly, the 747SP and the 747-8 are my favorites of the 747 variants.

54 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Honestly, the 747SP and the 747-8 are my favorites of the 747 variants.

747SP is pretty neat should've been called hehe tiny 747

And yeah the -8 > any other 747

Even being clearly a design of this era in planes it still is too much like the plane of the 60s.

Why dump a lot of money on a 747 in unit price and fuel when you could just buy more efficient planes.

787-9 and A350-1000 come to mind.

It is sad to see that relic of the jet age unable to grasp on to a new life. But oh well lol.

1 hour ago, Luke Lovett said:

Well at the end of the day, these airlines deal with amounts of money that are equivalent to the GDP of some countries.

So it's all about those economics

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

You could argue something like their various 737 variants are "competitors", but I'm sure lobbying does a good job of securing your financial future.

They should bring something like the MD-95 717 back again.

Yeah Boeing really should bring the 717 back either in it's former glory or something that actually competes as a second generation of the 717. But now airlines would have a need and a use more so for the 717 than they did before. Delta wanted to replace their DC-9s and older MD-80s they had to pretty much buy airTran to do that.

3 hours ago, seon123 said:

Not the greatest fan of the A380, but holy crap is it nice to be a passenger onboard that thing. Flew on the Emirates 2-class version in economy on the second floor, a few rows from the very front, and it was incredibly quiet. Compared to the 777 and A330, it was night and day. And we had storage areas under the windows, which was really nice for storing snacks. Spacious, quiet and with a really nice IFE system. 7 hours was no issue. 

But the A380 looks so ugly. It's like a fat whale. Could be worse, though. Some of the 1950s planes were even more hideous. Just look at this thing...

Hide contents

Air_France_Breguet_763_Provence_Manteufe

As for a plane I actually do really like the look of, it's oddly the 757-300. The longest single isle aircraft in the world. It looks disproportionately long, much like the A340-600, but it looks nice, weirdly. Not that I would want to be a passenger, as the boarding and deplaning would take ages, and because it's old and outdated in terms of passenger comfort. 

Yea lol the A380 ain't a looker but it's a pretty good intercontinental/transatlantic people mover lol

And the whole double decker thing is cool.

I could imagine a more premium airline adding like some kinda entertainment stuff upstairs as I imagine they'd be doing really long haul flights. Like anywhere in western Europe to somewhere on the US West coast or maybe even Hawaii. If it had fewer people on board.

Not a huge fan of the 757 but I mean DJT owns one and I mean Trump Force One doesn't look too bad. 

Heh

gettyimages-163519629.jpg

3 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Why dump a lot of money on a 747 in unit price and fuel when you could just buy more efficient planes.

787-9 and A350-1000 come to mind.

It is sad to see that relic of the jet age unable to grasp on to a new life. But oh well lol.

because cargo space and weight, airbus canceled the A380C so its the only large cargo aircraft. Unless Lockheed decides to start taking C5 orders it isn't likely to die off as a cargo plane.

12 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

god I hate it, its big sure but its ugly AF and had 1 goal which it failed.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs