Show off your old and retro computer parts

Message added by SansVarnic,

When posting with quotes, please be sure to exclude/remove/snip any photos from the quote to help with load times for slower internet connections.

Thank you,

Moderation Team

i have one of these things lying around the shed...on that what happened to quantum hard drives?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

So this is from my first computer ~1998. The motherboard had 2 USB 1.1 ports (since broken off), two serial ports, one parallel port, and took ram that's so old it's not even DDR. The CPU was a Slot 1 Celeron at something like 400MHz. And I think it still works...

vkBAxBj.jpg

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

that pentium 2 doe

Here's a small collection of some of my floppy disks, a random IDE cable, and the Pentium 2 cartridge processor out of the first computer I ever got to use.

RetroParts.jpg

if some of these things were "old And Retro" in 2013, it makes me feel kinda old.

post-170258-0-03777400-1434995719_thumb.
post-170258-0-46456500-1434995945_thumb.

These are my two old GPU's, one is a ATi Rage 128 Pro 32MB and the one with Asus printed on it is a nVidia Geforce 4 420 (I think it is anyway) 32MB.
The nVidia card is from the late 90's, about 1999, and the ATi card is from 1998.
I have no idea if either of them work seeing as I don't have a system with AGP, but even if they don't work, they're still pretty cool to have even if they're not particularly special.

I also have a Athlon 64 X2 4200+ system and I have a working Sega Mega Drive 2 from 1995, and somewhere I have a Celeron M 1.4GHz that still works.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

I have some DOS games sitting in front of me. Also have a lead on an old Commodore. 

I wish I could play these DOS games, they look like a blast.

attachicon.gifpachinko.jpg

Not sure if this counts, but a 70s pachinko from Japan.

I also got a zipdisk, DDR1-2, and some really ol' stuff laying around somewhere.  xD Who wants to see a SEGA CDX?  NES?  SNES?  Game Gear? Neo Geo Pocket?  Oh, I just found a mid 90s Viewsonic monitor in the back room. 

Sure, would love to see old stuff.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I have some DOS games sitting in front of me. Also have a lead on an old Commodore.

I wish I could play these DOS games, they look like a blast.

Dos box?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I have an IBM PC 5150 stored away somewhere. I don't think it works anymore though.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I made a mistake. It is a Northwood after all!  :blink:

Good, its better than a P4 Prescott anyway.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Here is just a couple of the old motherboards that I have lying around. I have alot more but need to buy more plaques before I hang them up on the wall.

IMAG0182_zps6a6a1b78.jpg

That is such a cool idea!!!!!!!

PS2 Slim which i modded...

These pics of my console were used for a tutorial elsewhere.

KCgqNE4.jpg

BhJxzZk.jpg

Replacing thermal compound on my PS2 Slim.

FHVSb4o.jpg

TSOP flashed Xecuter 2 bios original XBOX, sitting to the left of it is a Mod chip XBOX with a Xecuter 2.6CE

xWqTeBO.png

zxGkuvF.jpg

h7M0I7N.jpg

t2cm4V4.png

Some games that are now rather hard to get..

The fully uncut version of Resient Evil with color opening FMV and full uncut video!

mfCxFtN.jpg

Syphon Filter PS1, Promotional version, it is the full game but for display use only!

ePsaQYJ.png

ZrtTBs9.jpg

I have more stuff too but will dig it out another time.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

[img]http://i.imgur.com/lYFq7FF.jpg[/img]

rdOAyGS.jpg

Old dual 1GHz Pentium III with 2GB of SDRAM.

b4DmBBy.jpg

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

this is some of my old stuff i that i cbf taking out

2guwj5x.jpg

is that a voodoo 2 in the top right?

O.o a 486 Dx4!! i wonder how many people here had the privilege of using an isa slot haha!

I am only aware of the AT spec, 486es and such because my original IT instructor was old school and hardcore. So glad you don't have to worry about remembering which RAM SIMM should be in whichslot.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

O.o a 486 Dx4!! i wonder how many people here had the privilege of using an isa slot haha!

How many motherboard photos do you want? I've got all of the CPU's, motherboards and FDD I've ever had in my computers, going right back from the mid to late 80's to the present day.

PMSL

Me. SoundBlaster 16 4 LYFE!!!

Old dual 1GHz Pentium III with 2GB of SDRAM.

Hnnnggg, DUAL PENTIUM III'S!!!! :wub:

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

http://i.imgur.com/HbWTK0k.jpg

80GB IDE on the left and a 216MB IDE on the right. Both work. =)

http://i.imgur.com/HbWTK0k.jpg

80GB IDE on the left and a 216MB IDE on the right. Both work. =)

HNNNNGGGGGGG

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

HNNNNGGGGGGG

The 216MB was from a AT Pentium 90Mhz DOS 5.0 PC with 4MB RAM. Owner used a word processor in DOS to write his letters and such. We replaced the system and migrated DOS to a 2GB partition on a 80GB HDD. He was happy.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/lYFq7FF.jpg[/img]

rdOAyGS.jpg

Old dual 1GHz Pentium III with 2GB of SDRAM

But does that motherboard work and allow you to overclock the PIII.....

post-155575-0-14686900-1435099549_thumb.

PMSL

But does that motherboard work and allow you to overclock the PIII.....

attachicon.gifrekt.PNG

Was given the system and it wasn't booting properly. Diagnosed and used the onboard LED indicator. Needs a new BIOS chip. I haven't bought one yet, plan on doing it this summer. No idea about overclocking. I just wanted to get it running for fun. Not sure what I could do with a dual P3 system, I just like that it exists.

Was given the system and it wasn't booting properly. Diagnosed and used the onboard LED indicator. Needs a new BIOS chip. I haven't bought one yet, plan on doing it this summer. No idea about overclocking. I just wanted to get it running for fun. Not sure what I could do with a dual P3 system, I just like that it exists.

You could use it as a server or as a spare computer (I'm doing both, a server for my Xbox and as a way to use the internet/create boot disks when my main computer is having problems). Depending on the HDD you use dual Pentium III EB 1000 are fast enough for doing most tasks.

PMSL