Sennheiser HD 439

iceballfunela

Hey guys, I've been looking around and I think that the Sennheiser HD 439 suits my needs. But I've heard that the build quality of it sucks, is this true? Also, are there any other alternatives around this price?

Preferably something from Sennheiser, Sony, Audio Technica and other big brands. So no Shure, Beyerdynamic etc.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

what price are u getting these for?
USD im assuming? beyerdynamic and SHure are pretty big brands im not sure why u dont consider them to be.

what price are u getting these for?

USD im assuming? beyerdynamic and SHure are pretty big brands im not sure why u dont consider them to be.

I live in Singapore and using SGD and there aren't many shops that sell beyerdynamics and shure here. I'm getting the hd 439 for 129SGD which is about 80 USD

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

I live in Singapore and using SGD and there aren't many shops that sell beyerdynamics and shure here. I'm getting the hd 439 for 129SGD which is about 80 USD

is that including online?  The 439 aren't bad at all and I frequently recommend them when people are looking for headphones under a hundred.  If you are worried about the build quality but can't get anything better then just be gentle with them. Don't let kids near then and get into the habit of keeping the cord away from feet so you don't trip and rip them off the desk (like I do all the fking time).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

is that including online?  The 439 aren't bad at all and I frequently recommend them when people are looking for headphones under a hundred.  If you are worried about the build quality but can't get anything better then just be gentle with them. Don't let kids near then and get into the habit of keeping the cord away from feet so you don't trip and rip them off the desk (like I do all the fking time).

I'm always gentle with my things, I've only spoilt 1 headphone before and it was the corsair 1300, too bad the cable was too long and I tripped over it...

ASUS ROG G75VX

Wait, does the HD 439 has big earcups like say the corsair 1300? The corsair 1300's earcup was perfect for me.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Can someone please reply to the above question?

ASUS ROG G75VX

I don't know how big the corsair ear cup is but I have rather big wingnut ears and the 439 sits comfortable on my head.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I don't know how big the corsair ear cup is but I have rather big wingnut ears and the 439 sits comfortable on my head.

Well, then I think I know what my next headphones will be then!

ASUS ROG G75VX

I have got a pair of 439s i use everyday for about 10 months. They are great once you break them in. originally bought for 50 usd off ebay. If you get them you have to do the bass mod though, you remove the peice of take covering some air holes behind the earcup. Speaking of, the earcup is very large and comfortable. they are great for anything, I play counter-srike with them everyday.

I know that feel bro, my local country here only sells Beats, Razer and Turtle Beach(there's other brand like edifier, logitech and other gaming headset(mostly headsets, nobody mention about headphones when I asked them) brands they wouldn't bring out but I knew they sell them and they never bother to mention them out). I asked the retailer to list me a good and well known brand for headphones. They only offer me Beats(top tier), Razer(mid tier) and Turtle Beach(mid tier? but still the best they said to me). Anyway, I'd like to share my purchase. I'm not sure if the local custom is charging the item tax too high or there is some restriction from the government preventing them somehow to import those product in bulk. Bought them before black friday, and somehow the discount coupon doesn't show up inside the calculation. When FedEx comes to my house, they charged me $53 for the import tax. The price is quite unfair, but for a price like this, nobody around the area who receives them accidentally would take it or buy them to get to their hands. The local postal service always delivers to the wrong house and sometimes my items got missing and need to file a report to get a compensation.

Back to topic : You could give ATH M50/s a try. I heard there are good reviews on them. That headphones feels intrigue that it almost get my roommate to get them.

post-3058-0-05009300-1387462104.png

• 6 months later...

I know that feel bro, my local country here only sells Beats, Razer and Turtle Beach(there's other brand like edifier, logitech and other gaming headset(mostly headsets, nobody mention about headphones when I asked them) brands they wouldn't bring out but I knew they sell them and they never bother to mention them out). I asked the retailer to list me a good and well known brand for headphones. They only offer me Beats(top tier), Razer(mid tier) and Turtle Beach(mid tier? but still the best they said to me). Anyway, I'd like to share my purchase. I'm not sure if the local custom is charging the item tax too high or there is some restriction from the government preventing them somehow to import those product in bulk. Bought them before black friday, and somehow the discount coupon doesn't show up inside the calculation. When FedEx comes to my house, they charged me $53 for the import tax. The price is quite unfair, but for a price like this, nobody around the area who receives them accidentally would take it or buy them to get to their hands. The local postal service always delivers to the wrong house and sometimes my items got missing and need to file a report to get a compensation.

Back to topic : You could give ATH M50/s a try. I heard there are good reviews on them. That headphones feels intrigue that it almost get my roommate to get them.

Same here

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

If you get them you have to do the bass mod though, you remove the peice of take covering some air holes behind the earcup. 

Personally thought the full-on bass mod was a bit much - somewhere in between with only one or two holes uncovered was good enough.

How does the sub bass fair with the bass mod?

The only way to answer that question to the fullest would be with a FR graph, and as far as I know, that doesn't exist. I also no longer have a pair to relisten for those specifics. :c