Polish central bank secretly funds Youtube videos attacking bitcoin - report

Okjoek
1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

If I was seeking to bathe in propaganda, I would buy into your comments like yours without discretion or challenge. You clearly don't know what you're talking about and are just regurgitating what you've been programmed to.

Sputnik is another source that is no worse than, and is better than a lot of US mainstream news media. Check my list of news sources above - I have it bookmarked.

Why do I even have to demonstrate that RT and Sputnik are Russian propaganda? just ask an eastern european about it and he'll tell you how Russia still wants to take over their country.

Recently Sputnik had an article about the independance of Andalucia, a region in Spain. It is probably the most spanish region even, which I know for a fact as part of my family is from there. This article talked about some random new party of a dude who wants the independance of Andalucia. 

This dude and a few others were then flown to.... Crimea, in Ukraine. Nothing yet? You do know Russia took over Crimea, and that the war is still going on, right? Why would Russia fly leaders of independance parties to a territory they took over? Apart from causing even more issues in Europe?

Anyway, https://politica.elpais.com/politica/2017/12/31/actualidad/1514736685_318060.html 

"RT y Sputnik abarcan 100 países en una treintena de idiomas. Ambos están financiados al 100% por el Kremlin. El presupuesto de RT, según informa Bloomberg, es de unos 300 millones de dólares anuales."

"RT and Sputnik are present in 100 countries in 30 languages. Both are 100% financed by the Kremlin. From what Bloomberg says, the budget of RT is of around 300 million dollars a year".

For your media list, I see too many "media" outlets that aren't even considered reliable. And the Daily Mail isn't media even, it's just some tabloid.

Oh look, found the article I used as source in english https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/01/02/inenglish/1514887171_124173.html

45 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

By sheer staff composition, RT is likely the most balanced and impartial mainstream news source in the world. And by its programming record, RT is the most balanced and impartial mainstream news source in the world. 

I don't know if I'd go that far, but certainly blanket statements about credibility are hardly useful. Yes, reading RT's coverage of Putin is as pointless as reading CNN's coverage of American foreign policy. But there are hundreds of topics were there's just no propagandist interest, or even cases in which it is useful to just be factual and accurate (to undermine others' propagandist efforts).

In terms of depth and coverage of news that go under the radar in most MSM, Al Jazeera ranks pretty high as well. The problem is when you want to follow a topic about the Middle East: on one hand, their accuracy and depth dwarves anything you can find in Western media; on the other hand, as soon as there is a strong Qatari interest on something they start skating on very thin ice, and the reader/viewer needs to account for that.

Anyway, dismissing a particular source as a whole as "propaganda, don't read it" is no better than blindly taking anything you read there (or anywhere else, for that matter) at face value. In this case, for example, unless someone wants to tell us that the Bank of Poland media campaign never existed and it's all made up by the Ruskies, I don't really see the point on discussing where OP sourced this news from (and judging by @Morgan MLGman's post, this story seems to be public knowledge in Poland by now).

/Off topic :P 

Regarding the story itself, I can't help but laugh. The idea of a Central Bank spending money on undercover media campaigns against cryptocurrencies... I mean, I think it would be equally funny if it was a support campaign, it's just the whole situation seems straight out of a Cohen brothers' movie  xD

2 minutes ago, The Viking said:

Oh look, found the article I used as source in english https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/01/02/inenglish/1514887171_124173.html

Sorry for the OT again, but I just couldn't overlook the irony of closing a long diatribe about reliable media, factious reporting, and media as a political instrument with a quote from no other than El País... ^_^

32 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Cardano isn't :) (it's proof-of-stake)

https://www.cardanohub.org/en/home/

It's also got a pretty large market cap (just behind litecoin) https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/

I think that's the attitude of most miners "hey i'm getting free money basically". But they do contribute as without that compute power we wouldn't be able to secure the blockchain (though atm we have a case of way too much compute power being used, so the only thing the blockchain can do is uselessly make the block signing process harder).

This is why I was glad to learn that Ethereum was going PoS, and about cardano as well. Eth's proof-of-stake migration isn't anytime soon though, having been pushed back multiple times. So cardano it is I guess, if only my exchange let me invest in that.

Huh. Didn't know about that.

28 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

5a8b00f1e90a5_newssources.png.1cfbdcb46d880a229cef23f7e3ab6308.png

Where's WCCFTech? /s

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Sorry for the OT again, but I just couldn't overlook the irony of closing a long diatribe about reliable media, factious reporting, and media as a political instrument with a quote from no other than El País... ^_^

El Pais is more reliable overall than RT. They do have weird articles sometimes but the rest is fine, and very detailed coverage of some stuff that has been going on for ages in Spain.

While half of european media was too busy talking about Catalonia, El Pais at least bothered covering what was going on. What, you want me to go watch TV3?

7 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Anyway, dismissing a particular source as a whole as "propaganda, don't read it" is no better than blindly taking anything you read there (or anywhere else, for that matter) at face value. In this case, for example, unless someone wants to tell us that the Bank of Poland media campaign never existed and it's all made up by the Ruskies, I don't really see the point on discussing where OP sourced this news from (and judging by @Morgan MLGman's post, this story seems to be public knowledge in Poland by now).

Regarding the story itself, I can't help but laugh. The idea of a Central Bank spending money on undercover media campaigns against cryptocurrencies... I mean, I think it would be equally funny if it was a support campaign, it's just the whole situation seems straight out of a Cohen brothers' movie  xD

I read that info on a Polish tech site a few days ago - this is how I knew about it already :P It all came to light a few days ago as well.

But yeah, it's laughable... I've always wanted to leave this country and move to US or SK, but events from recent two years make me want to leave even more... The only thing blocking me is my budget, sadly :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 hours ago, Okjoek said:

imaginary coins 

you can say the same thin about the dollar and pound, neither of them are valuable or mean anything their prices aren't linked to the price of gold anymore, they only have value because we believe they have value, if everyone turned round tomorrow and said that they had no value then tomorrow they would have no value

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

1 minute ago, grimreeper132 said:

you can say the same thin about the dollar and pound, neither of them are valuable or mean anything their prices aren't linked to the price of gold anymore, they only have value because we believe they have value, if everyone turned round tomorrow and said that they had no value then tomorrow they would have no value

You're right.

1 hour ago, The Viking said:

Why do I even have to demonstrate that RT and Sputnik are Russian propaganda? just ask an eastern european about it and he'll tell you how Russia still wants to take over their country.

Recently Sputnik had an article about the independance of Andalucia, a region in Spain. It is probably the most spanish region even, which I know for a fact as part of my family is from there. This article talked about some random new party of a dude who wants the independance of Andalucia. 

This dude and a few others were then flown to.... Crimea, in Ukraine. Nothing yet? You do know Russia took over Crimea, and that the war is still going on, right? Why would Russia fly leaders of independance parties to a territory they took over? Apart from causing even more issues in Europe?

The problem is that you aren't aware that UK and US media are Western propaganda, no less so than, and regularly far more than RT.

And it's been demonstrated in this thread that RT features a more geopolitically balanced production crew than probably any Western mainstream news source

just ask an eastern european about it and he'll tell you how Russia still wants to take over their country.

That's not an argument that RT is propaganda. In fact, that has nothing to do with what you've claimed, at all. In fact, a lot of that is delusional propaganda, and not representative of many people's views. That's just what propaganda has told you, and you appear to take it upon faith, with no questioning.

You do know Russia took over Crimea, and that the war is still going on, right? Why would Russia fly leaders of independance parties to a territory they took over? Apart from causing even more issues in Europe?

What I know is that you've just spoken a false propaganda narrative, thinking that you were informed of the truth. And in doing so, you've just proven your whole position to be uninformed, and created a good argument for why people should be watching RT, and maybe Sputnik - so that they have more information to check Western propaganda against, so that they won't repeat it, like you have.

Crimea has been predominantly ethnic Russian since the start of the 1900s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Crimea

Crimea never wanted to be a part of Ukraine, and constantly tried to leave Ukraine and join, first the USSR, and then after the USSR dissolved (which is the only reason why Crimea was still a part of Russia after 1991), Russia.

In 1991, Crimeans voted 95.4% in favour of leaving Ukraine, and joining the USSR as an independent republic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_sovereignty_referendum,_1991

Because the USSR dissolved later in 1991, Crimean accepted autonomous status within Ukraine as a concession - but from then until 2014, they never stopped being vocal about their desire to fully leave Ukraine and unify with Russia.

From 1991 until 2014, Crimeans were polled by many institutions, including the UN, and the results always showed that Crimeans consistently wanted to leave Ukraine and join Russia.

Just one example: https://web.archive.org/web/20141006084059/http://www.razumkov.org.ua/eng/files/category_journal/NSD104_eng_2.pdf

And just a mere 8 months before the illegal US-sponsored 2014 coup in Kiev, Ukraine, Russia-hating Washington D.C. pollster, Gallup, found that Crimeans identified themselves as Russian more than as any other identity. And Ukrainian wasn't even the 2nd most-popular identity among Crimeas:

nckOD67.png

Crimea's 2014 referendum was organized by Crimea's own democratically-elected parliament, following the overruling of former Ukraine's constitution and thereby disintegration of that state entity. Crimeans were left stateless and had to make a choice on their future identity, and the government of Crimea publicly acknowledged this ahead of their referendum:

“We adopted the declaration of independence to make the upcoming referendum legitimate and transparent. Now we declare ourselves the Republic of Crimea, we don’t add ‘autonomous’. Crimea won’t be a part of Ukraine even if the ousted president, Viktor Yanukovich, returns to power. The country where we lived doesn’t exist anymore. We are going our own way and we’re trying to do it quickly.”

-    Vladimir Konstantinov, speaker of the Supreme Council of Crimea

The results of Crimea's referendum have been confirmed over, and over, and over against by Western pollsters, and being authentic and genuine.

main-qimg-901b0d869966770733a81ba6738373

main-qimg-08afff1f377841fa3f351aa34dcd93

main-qimg-43cf36c8b86d0b43ea808468a9af4c

main-qimg-db2790564ca09b3c57aeaa3d7b92aa

main-qimg-e9b8f50083c3f6fadc9b6f6830e8a2

main-qimg-a4f0c538dd9153526f692b21bb4b0d

"RT and Sputnik are present in 100 countries in 30 languages. Both are 100% financed by the Kremlin. From what Bloomberg says, the budget of RT is of around 300 million dollars a year".

So? State-funded news makes up the majority of all news that digested in the Western world:

The BBC in the UK

The CBC in Canada

Euronews in Europe

France24 in France

Deutsche Well in Germany

The Washington Post in the US, as well as every one of the multitude of US news outlets that receive any portion of their funding through any one of these US state-controlled-and-funded media agencies:

Broadcasting Board of Governors

Voice of America

Corporation for Public Broadcasting

Alhurra

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty

RT receives funding from the Russian state? Whoop-de-do. So does all the news you digest receive funding from states. You're just unaware of it, and have been programmed to think that 'state-funded' is an instant trigger buzz-word for non-trustworthy. You're just showing that you have a cartoon and propaganda impression of the world's news industry.

So, it's a propaganda article, filled with false information. And you believed it just like that, huh? What made you think that article was the magical truth to be believed without question? Clearly, you've over-estimated your discretion and the caliber of your local news.

For your media list, I see too many "media" outlets that aren't even considered reliable. And the Daily Mail isn't media even, it's just some tabloid.

I agree that not all of them are reliable. As I said, any one news source, if it's a person's only source, is just propaganda.

That said, I wouldn't trust your judgment on what's a reliable news source and what isn't. After all, you even think that RT is more propaganda than the average Western news source, while at the same time repeating long-since totally-debunked Western propaganda believing it to be true.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Oh boy. I'll go declare the independance of my house because I polled myself and decided so.

edit: success! i am now independant. No more taxes, welcome to the republic of my house! Gotta go tell my neighbour to declare independance, cause that's obviously how things work :) 

16 minutes ago, The Viking said:

Oh boy. I'll go declare the independance of my house because I polled myself and decided so.

That would not conform to the examples I provided you above, where Western pollsters polled Crimea and found that the Crimean people agree with the official results of the Crimean referendum.

Also, are you not aware of what the international law position is on the matter?:

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/ProfessionalInterest/Pages/CCPR.aspx

"All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development."

And that is how things work. If you disagree with it, then you don't acknowledge the current government and state of Ukraine, either, since it's the same thing.

If you believe that Russia "took over" Crimea, rather than that Crimea's government and people were united in their desire to have a referendum on Crimea's identity, and then applied for lawful accession to Russia (there was no annexation), then you've been propagandized, and are propagandizing when you spread that propaganda.

Also, the international community does not regard Crimea's referendum as invalid. Only a minority do.

https://www.rt.com/news/413727-un-resolution-crimea-rights-vote/

In December 2017, 102 UN member states abstained or voted against recognition Crimea as an occupied territory, whereas just 70 UN member states voted in favour of calling Crimea an occupied territory.

You're a poster-child for why it's essential that people do tune in to RT and other sources, like Sputnik, or whatever other source you want to go by. You're entirely confident in false propaganda narratives, presuming them to be truth, and are opposing the truth thinking that it is a propaganda narrative.

@ 10:30 Brian May call US and UK news biased anti-Russia crap, that gives people a distorted view of the world:

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Sure. Still, my house is independant now. 

Here, not aware of this? 

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/ProfessionalInterest/Pages/CCPR.aspx

"All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development."

dunno what's more credible as a news source, RT, Sputnik and Tele Sur combined or this vid

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

6 hours ago, sazrocks said:

Not really sure why you turned this into an attack on capitalism...

As for your problem with

What makes the value of bitcoins any more arbitrary and imaginary than non-backed paper money?

As for the topic at hand, that bank should be fined for not disclosing the paid nature of the content, as well as any creators that conspired with them who did not disclose.

For future examples, I suggest using Ethereum since it's Turing complete meaning that it's basically a distributed super computer and that's got some inherit value. Bitcoin on the other hand is completely worthless imo.

in off itself Cryto is so risky that it doesn't make sense to me and only those that are super rich and have the money tot throw at this or those who are that uniformed or ballsy would invest now tbh. also the fact that we are burning a ton of energy is crazy.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing