that damn mic

orddie

So the last few videos have had Linus in the middle of his talking / video readjusting his wireless MIC transmitter.   I would HOPE you earn enough $$$$ to afford someone who is..   actually watching the content your producing.   L@@K at the last few video's you have done and you will notice that your adjusting your transmitter in your right / my left (because I'm watching your video) pocket.

STOP IT

He's not readjusting it. It's a little button or remote that he uses to switch to the next page/slide of his script (not sure what the technical term for it is, but it's under the camera and has a script).

@LinusTech

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

He's not readjusting it. It's a little button or remote that he uses to switch to the next page/slide of his script (not sure what the technical term for it is, but it's under the camera and has a script).

@LinusTech

13 minutes ago, orddie said:

STOP IT

i mean really.. invest in an intern or something to swap cards.   SOMETHING! having your hands move mid video is distracting and IMO unprofessional. 

25 minutes ago, orddie said:

i mean really.. invest in an intern or something to swap cards.   SOMETHING! having your hands move mid video is distracting and IMO unprofessional. 

If you want to give them money to hire a intern,then go ahead

My life

32 minutes ago, orddie said:

God...it's the smallest detail. Next video you'll probably be back at it again complaining about a speck of dust on a shelf in the background.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

L@@K at the last few video's you have done 

it's every video where Linus is on camera reading from a script. apparently you're not watching the content they produce.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

of all things to complain, and this is the one you highlighted....sorry but you're probably in the minority here

remember when it was really obvious that linus would move his hand below the table to move the script?

let's go back to that !

/s

i'd complain more about the 20/24fps shots that then are shoved to 30fps and it looks wrong because something something refresh rate and 60hz

this is why i didn't finish scrapyard wars :(

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

If having someone move their hands mid video is distracting, perhaps you should consider investing your time in something that isn't youtube or live TV. Too much hand moving. 

6 hours ago, orddie said:

having your hands move mid video is distracting and IMO unprofessional. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Keeping one's hands still could be funny, but in the PC (and not the kind most of us are here for) world we live in, it'd probably turn into another #tampongate situation, next thing you know... I don't even want to think...

hands.jpg.249738f13d3d2b67682e416210c9ca75.jpg

May you all flail around madly, progress your queues and/or adjust without prejudice.

200.gif.e0795139c34a2a5029e0ad421ba0e65c.gif

Edited by mudflapman
Flail Fail...

Aurora | Built April '22
CPU: Intel i7 11700K | RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200 | GPU: NVidia GTX 1080 Founders Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (500GB), Corsair MP400 (1TB) | PSU: Corsair RM1000

Moonlight | Built March '17
CPU: Intel i7 6900K | RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 | GPU: NVidia GTX 750Ti Storage: Intel 600P (512GB), WD Red (4TB) | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Cooling: Corsair H105 | Setup post >here<|

See, you all think that this stuff should be flawless.  Meanwhile yesterday, I'm working VFX on a TV series that airs on a 'Big Three' network, and in my shot I find both a boom mic with a dead cat on it move through the shot and near the end a tripod falls over from behind a car.  Client didn't pay us to remove those from the footage so they shall remain.

(Fun fact, I initially put this post in the wrong thread and the OP from that thread is SUPER cheesed about it. :D)

he not adjusting it lol  theres a button to change slides on the teleprompter.  hes done it in practically every single video for years.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

@orddie, I haven't seen you complain about the things Kyle does over at the [H]. 

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

On 2/8/2018 at 11:02 AM, GilmourD said:

@orddie, I haven't seen you complain about the things Kyle does over at the [H]. 

1) i do not watch his..   stuff.

2) i would get banned for speaking my leftist mind (and i would like to keep my ban count low - where it really matters)

I will assume he is adjusting himself from now on. 

2 hours ago, orddie said:

1) i do not watch his..   stuff.

2) i would get banned for speaking my leftist mind (and i would like to keep my ban count low - where it really matters)

I will assume he is adjusting himself from now on. 

1. Kyle's kinda entertaining.
  2. I guess you haven't seen my few posts in the SoapBox. LOL I don't even have as much as an infraction let alone a ban.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]