my gpu is puting out lots of heat

aconfusedpcgamer

I don't know If anyone here knows why but my amd 6870 is hitting 60C+ on the temps before my gtx 760 died the gpu would hit 45C max.

it even affects my ryzen 3 now it hits like 50+c (I know 6870 with ryzen 3 yeah gpu require a small lone of a 1000$ now)

oof me daddy

1 minute ago, aconfusedpcgamer said:

I don't know If anyone here knows why but my amd 6870 is hitting 60C+ on the temps before my gtx 760 died the gpu would hit 45C max.

it even affects my ryzen 3 now it hits like 50+c (I know 6870 with ryzen 3 yeah gpu require a small lone of a 1000$ now)

It's a 6870.... Trust me that's expected

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

hell yeah..

----------------PC RIG-----------------

Motherboard-ASUS PRIME A320M-K

CPU-AMD RYZEN 5 1400

GPU-ZOTAC GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC Edition

RAM-Kingston 8GB DDR4 2133MHZ

HDD-WD BLUE 1TB HDD

SSD- Kingston A400 SSD 240GB

PSU-CORSAIR VS550Watt PSU

Monitor-Dell S2218H Full HD

60c is not hot. it's entirely common for normal gpus to surpass 80c when under typical load. your 760 didn't die to thermals. unless you are pushing 90c+ you are well within thermal expectations.

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

that's what I was thinking but it never did this before now that I know of

oof me daddy

1 minute ago, J400 said:

60c is not hot. it's entirely common for normal gpus to surpass 80c when under typical load. your 760 didn't die to thermals. unless you are pushing 90c+ you are well within thermal expectations.

no I know my 760 just said fu gg with taking loans for a new gpu 

oof me daddy

thats pretty normal, honestly lower than id have guessed

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

if you want temps to go down, undervolt and take off the side panel. also make sure the case fans and gpu fan is working. you could also look into changing the thermal paste if you have some lying around. on a card that old, I would imagine a thermal paste replacement would do wonders, if it were actually getting hot.

Just now, J400 said:

if you want temps to go down, undervolt and take off the side panel. also make sure the case fans and gpu fan is working. you could also look into changing the thermal paste if you have some lying around. on a card that old, I would imagine a thermal paste replacement would do wonders, if it were actually getting hot.

actually changed the past like last September if I remember   

oof me daddy

6 minutes ago, J400 said:

Table fan. Best airflow possible. Kappa.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

On 2/5/2018 at 1:36 PM, aconfusedpcgamer said:

yeah I already know about that I'm just trying to keep my gpu up till gpu prices go down or I fined a new cards

Is that 60C during load or idle? For load temp its really low in comparison (to my 780 for example with 80C load temp). But as idle temp that is hotter than what it should. Though if it has original blower fan, its understandable.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

A few things.

The temps you are seeing on your GPU are NORMAL. That is nothing to be worried about.

Now your CPU being affected are of concern. This generally means you do not have enough case air flow or you have too much turbulent air from a poor fan setup.  It is best to always have fans on the front as intake. Fans on the top or back to be exhaust.