Why do people like Apple products?

S3_
9 minutes ago, Aeternalis said:

Of course a 5k display was expensive, we're talking about new technology.

That doesn't change the fact that this statement is complete nonsense:

43 minutes ago, Aeternalis said:

The last product apple made that wasn't highway robbery was the Apple IIGS back in 1986. That thing was badass.

The macbooks still have two prohibitively large problems:

1. Next to no connectivity. Fork over money for dongles or you're not using anything past the power cable.

2. the OS is still apple's, and it's poor. anyone who's serious about using computers won't entertain any notion that it's even close to windows and/or linux.

1. Would you like to know when was the last time I plugged something into my laptop? A year ago maybe.... Regardless, the Macbook Pros have plenty of connectivity through USB-C, which is what we're moving towards. The sad truth is that without a driving force USB-C would never really get anywhere because everyone would continue to bitch about a lack of hardware support. You're talking about a $0-$50 inconvenience to switch over all cables/add adapters to anything that matters with a $1300+ laptop. So USB-C only is a turn off for some, and completely irrelevant for others. It's a reason to consider a different product (or it's a reason to consider a Mac, I could make the same argument about most manufacturers not support tb3), but that doesn't make Macs inherently bad. 

2. Care to list a few reasons or would you like to just continue spewing nonsense that with absolutely no supporting proof?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

4 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

That doesn't change the fact that this statement is complete nonsense:

1. Would you like to know when was the last time I plugged something into my laptop? A year ago maybe.... Regardless, the Macbook Pros have plenty of connectivity through USB-C, which is what we're moving towards. The sad truth is that without a driving force USB-C would never really get anywhere because everyone would continue to bitch about a lack of hardware support. You're talking about a $0-$50 inconvenience to switch over all cables/add adapters to anything that matters with a $1300+ laptop. So USB-C only is a turn off for some, and completely irrelevant for others. It's a reason to consider a different product (or it's a reason to consider a Mac, I could make the same argument about most manufacturers not support tb3), but that doesn't make Macs inherently bad. 

You misunderstand me. I love usb c. The problem isn't the connector, it's the amount of said connectors.

Macos has less software support and less user alterable settings. That's about it. For power users it's too restrictive.

Kubuntu 22.10

Ryzen 7 5700X

RX 6700 XT

24 minutes ago, Aeternalis said:

Macos has less software support and less user alterable settings. That's about it. For power users it's too restrictive

OSX is only unfriendly to power users out of the box. It doesn't take much to make it a power user playground.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

39 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

OSX is only unfriendly to power users out of the box. It doesn't take much to make it a power user playground.

It takes more effort than just hearing the words Mac OS and thinking it's terrible though.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It takes more effort than just hearing the words Mac OS and thinking it's terrible though.

Despite what you may think, I'm allowed to have an opinion.

Kubuntu 22.10

Ryzen 7 5700X

RX 6700 XT

17 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

both statements are false. i wouldnt argue if you said rarely, but never and cant should be used with discretion. 

Keyboard on an Apple Macbook (i dont know the model) that my brother owned where the keyboard disconnected and stopped working. He got it fixed, but it still broke.

The build quality of all their current products (except the 7th gen nano-pegged mine at the road multiple times after it randomly went to accessibility mode with it only taking very minor damage to the top corners) really is below where it should be considering the price+low specs.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 22/01/2018 at 2:35 PM, TheSLSAMG said:

Inferior in what way, exactly? Apple devices have some advantages over their Android and Windows counterparts. There's better continuity between phone and computer, iPhone processors are significantly faster than the Android counterparts, etc. 

I only need 2 words to counter that. Compatibility and proprietary  

5 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

The build quality of all their current products (except the 7th gen nano-pegged mine at the road multiple times after it randomly went to accessibility mode with it only taking very minor damage to the top corners) really is below where it should be considering the price+low specs.

Build quality as in feel or as in sturdy-ment? Cause they feel like they have a nice and premium build quality. If you expect sturdyness from a laptop or phone or any device, one shouldnt be buying anything with glass anyway. As far as i know. the Buildquality of most Apple products is top notch, this does not mean they dont break or have foults, or manufacturing foults. All products have foults, Their products dont fall apart, that is what one would expect and that the product fells premium to the user. You dont expect to get a bunker when you order an LG Gram or [insert any ultrabook here] do you?

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

the two major problems I had when switching over from windows to macOS for two months:
-pascal support is shit (not really apple's fault, sorta, their policy is to not support anything they don't need to support, so it's on me and nvidia)

-no cut (there is copy and paste but no cut)

i would still be running macOS if I didn't need to reinstall it and get everything working again, no, I couldn't even get USB 2, let alone USB 3 working properly.. with a 'proper' install, imagine the hell with it fresh out of the box no drivers..

it did everything i wanted with ease, except for gaming, which.. linux has more games than macOS on steam im pretty sure.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Build quality as in feel or as in sturdy-ment? Cause they feel like they have a nice and premium build quality. If you expect sturdyness from a laptop or phone or any device, one shouldnt be buying anything with glass anyway. As far as i know. the Buildquality of most Apple products is top notch, this does not mean they dont break or have foults, or manufacturing foults. All products have foults, Their products dont fall apart, that is what one would expect and that the product fells premium to the user. You dont expect to get a bunker when you order an LG Gram or [insert any ultrabook here] do you?

As in build quality and how sturdy they fell. There has been too many times where one of their products has had an electrical, physical or thermal design fault. And the faults I'm talking about are serious enough for them to get press coverage....which leads to Apple finally acknowledging them with an extended warranty. And I'm not expecting a bunker either. Too many times have their devices had problems not found in significantly cheaper products.....some of which also have the same premium fell, look and specs while being cheaper.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

As in build quality and how sturdy they fell. There has been too many times where one of their products has had an electrical, physical or thermal design fault. And the faults I'm talking about are serious enough for them to get press coverage....which leads to Apple finally acknowledging them with an extended warranty. And I'm not expecting a bunker either. Too many times have their devices had problems not found in significantly cheaper products.....some of which also have the same premium fell, look and specs while being cheaper.

cant deny them having thermal design foults, ive hear that myself a number of times. yes, one could and should expect more from such a large company and from such devices. These days apple get press-coverage for everything that is foulty about their products.... yep cheaper products are often sturdier and similiar in feel to a flagship phone. 

My word on this is that i dont mind them being worse in terms of sturdyness and premiumness, if they offer a consistant product. in a way that you know what you are getting. this does not mean i have an iphone. ive had one, but now im using a Huawei mate 9 pro. (just so you know what window im look at this from)

Design foults i find idiotic and should be taken care of by the next generation of the product. Didnt the thermal design foult come up in 2015~~ ish. Does the 2017 model have the same issues? 

I vote with my buying power. if Apple pushes a product that really impresses me i will buy it. Same with any other company.

People often go for Sony, Samsung, Apple and other well known brands due to how widely known the are and still among that area of business. So people feel more encouraged to get devices from them than from Huawei or other somewhat obscure phone makers due to the lack of info on them. 

And I really am feeling like a broken record atm. Majority of Sales against Apple or Android devices are influenced by Trends and Social life opinions. Meaning the people that influence you the most are the friends and family around you (Majority of the time) to what device you get. Some people stick with apple due to the track records they have with them same with Android. 

This isn't about the question Why people buy apple products (Literally the stupidest thread I have seen) it's simply because people have opinions if you don't like people buying apple products get your head out ya A** because it ain't gonna change as long as we have 'free will'. 

So ya this thread is just as dumb as the threads stating the PC is the master race and what console between Sony & Xbox is better.... Poor Nintendo doesn't even get noticed.

Long Rant Short. Social influence is what persuade most people to buy what they have. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

I'm actually amazed this thread has lasted for 4 days -_-

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

--snip--

So ya this thread is just as dumb as the threads stating the PC is the master race and what console between Sony & Xbox is better.... Poor Nintendo doesn't even get noticed.

--snip-- 

Nintendo doesnt need to get noticed. they have a bowl of gummy bears around their head, which provide profits regardless of what they put out. at some point thery are going to run out of gummy bears, but at that point they make a new Switch to refill their gummybear stash

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

I'm actually amazed this thread has lasted for 4 days -_-

its gonna continue. the last apple thread lasted months if i remember correctly.......... i hope you brought enough popcorn and coffee for this

@GoldenLag I'm sorry I can't take what you say seriously due to the profile pic, I just have this animation that plays out in my head of what your describing. The gummy bear one was priceless xD 

funny the ui is one of the things i most hate about apple

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

1 minute ago, Jtalk4456 said:

funny the ui is one of the things i most hate about apple

there's this thing called subjectivity and preference.

Just now, SCGazelle said:

It's funny and wrong that you think that. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

/s

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's funny and wrong that you think that. 

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

/s

What you just said doesn't align with what I think. Therefore you are wrong. I'm sorry but there is no scenario where you are right and I am wrong.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

/s

1 hour ago, SCGazelle said:

ok... and i mentioned my preference, what's your point?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

The majority of Apple's audience probably don't give one about performance I would have thought, as long is it is good enough. Most users want a clean UI and nice looking phone.

I used to love Apple. 
No more. 
My 2008 iMac had cutting edge technology, including a CPU that was super-fast for the time, and other features. 
Now? The only feature that's cutting edge is the lens quality on iPhones. 

I'm a professional designer, who's been working on several interesting projects with https://www.upwork.com/o/jobs/browse/skill/website-development/ and http://yourhomeworkhelp.org/do-my-engineering-homework/ and perceptions aside, there were technological differences between using a Mac and PC for creative professionals that you couldn't get around. Many of those have gone away, but there is still an assumption that creatives use Apple products. Lately, I'm not sure the assumption or the reality is true anymore. 

Practically speaking, Macs are horrible in a business environment, especially one that mixes PC and Macs. They're terrible for connecting to company networks and devices. It's only exacerbated by the removal of ethernet and USB ports. This is critical in both agencies and in-house design/marketing departments. On that same note, their "professional" models are anything but, with years between updates, addition unnecessary features, and removal of others like connectivity ports and 17" laptops. 

The reality is, for as much as people gripe or mock about being beholden to a line of products, there is truth in that most of us do have a ton of our information stored in Apple or Google or whatever, and moving away from that is a pain. It was brilliant strategy by these companies to essentially lock people into their own environments. Now that some of us are locked in, there is something to be said about them owing their consumers a reliable platform to work and live.

On 1/22/2018 at 1:25 AM, S3_ said:

The only appeal I see is its clean UI

What i hear most from people is "They just work"

Also it's more of a fashion statement and lifestyle now more than a decent product

On 24/01/2018 at 7:59 PM, Jon4248 said:

...  and Apple TV and have successfully switched my wife, who always complained about every android phone ...

HANG ON THERE FOR A SEC