Logan Paul is Getting Punished

On 13/01/2018 at 1:40 PM, Teddy07 said:

do people really care about this shit? 

Aren't there enough real problems in the world out there?

You are implying that one can only care about one problem, but not the other. People can comment on this issue while still talking about other issues, they aren't mutually exclusive. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

How youtube gave an "approved sign" of his suicide video is still a mystery to me

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

On 1/13/2018 at 7:40 AM, Teddy07 said:

do people really care about this shit? 

Aren't there enough real problems in the world out there?

For different reasons, yes

23 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I could not agree more.

Here's the issue at hand, he posted a video of a dead body of someone who commited suicide and laughed about it, regardless of why he laughed about it, it makes no argument, it's the fact he did it.

Furthermore he financially gained even w/o monetizing the video. How? He gained a significant amount of subscribers and possibly orders on his shop, therefore assuming he monetized at least one video thereafter or new subscribers watched one of his other monetized videos where said person would not have, he did in fact made money out of someone's demise.

So by saying this isn't an issue (suicide is a big issue, laughing about it is terrible but making money on it...) is like saying the Nazis did no wrong in the Holocaust and the event itself never happened, as neither parties cared about the affected lives during said events.

What he should have done was created a vlog about it removing said scene in total, but that wouldn't make money, that wouldn't bring massive amounts of free publicity to bring in money now would it?

23 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Any publicity is good publicity. I didn't know about this Logan Paul guy until this controversy. I am living in my own personalized YouTube bubble. I wish I could see this suicide forest video somehow. 

Not the video but it'll likely be one of the closests ones on the web... Personally I would love to forget this ass wipe, and if/when youtube goes around to finally removing all financial ties with him he'll drop off the face of the earth as it is.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyihHuINXC4

9 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Nazis did no wrong in the Holocaust and the event itself never happened, as neither parties cared about the affected lives during said events.

Did you seriously just compare an ass laughing at a dead body is like Nazis did nothing wrong in killing millions of people?

18 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Did you seriously just compare an ass laughing at a dead body is like Nazis did nothing wrong in killing millions of people?

Think of it like this, if neither parties existed, and if neither event happened the world would be a better place, therefore both Logan and the Nazis are the same. Regardless the severity they are the same.

BTW the next time you wish to make someone look like a supporter of the Nazi's, and denyer of the Holocaust try waiting for a page... It'll make it more believable :dry:

26 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Regardless the severity they are the same.

One is an asshole and the other literally killed people. How the fuck are you even trying to say they are the same. 

32 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I agree with your sentiment, but I think that people use Nazi comparisons far too lightly. Severity has to be taken into account.

51 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I agree with your sentiment, but I think that people use Nazi comparisons far too lightly. Severity has to be taken into account.

I love this so much!  Yes, God says in the Bible that he views all sins equally, but the truth is that us humans never will.  If we did, then swearing would be considered as bad as murder, and both would land us in jail.

So, here’s the bottom line.  Nazi comparisons are thrown around WAY too much.  Sometimes they are valid, but most of the time they aren’t.  Because of this, I often take offense to it, half out of sincerity and half just to make a point (“I feel violated and I’m not even Jewish.”).  We shouldn’t throw around Nazi stuff so much.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

2 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Here's the issue at hand, he posted a video of a dead body of someone who commited suicide and laughed about it, regardless of why he laughed about it, it makes no argument, it's the fact he did it.

Furthermore he financially gained even w/o monetizing the video. How? He gained a significant amount of subscribers and possibly orders on his shop, therefore assuming he monetized at least one video thereafter or new subscribers watched one of his other monetized videos where said person would not have, he did in fact made money out of someone's demise.

So by saying this isn't an issue (suicide is a big issue, laughing about it is terrible but making money on it...) is like saying the Nazis did no wrong in the Holocaust and the event itself never happened, as neither parties cared about the affected lives during said events.

What he should have done was created a vlog about it removing said scene in total, but that wouldn't make money, that wouldn't bring massive amounts of free publicity to bring in money now would it?

Not the video but it'll likely be one of the closests ones on the web... Personally I would love to forget this ass wipe, and if/when youtube goes around to finally removing all financial ties with him he'll drop off the face of the earth as it is.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

ehhh, iffy comparison tbh

3 minutes ago, Spenser1337 said:

Who cares 

You don't and other people who don't. But everyone else does for different reasons esp. if they have dealt with suicide or had dealt with a suicide victim before.

Not saying that this topic will apply to everyone or everyone should care for it

Yeesh! The reactions to Logan Paul are really strong. There are far worse things you can do than being a disrespectful idiot. It's as if everyone is yearning for a scapegoat. 

Good riddance to this piece of fucking shit. Now we need to rid Youtube of fucking jake paul. he's just as worse, if not worse. Pieces of shit can rot in fucking hell.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

47 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Yeesh! The reactions to Logan Paul are really strong. There are far worse things you can do than being a disrespectful idiot. It's as if everyone is yearning for a scapegoat.

If the suspected audience he has means anything, they're all impressionable and think that doing stupid things like what he did is fine or there aren't any consequences for those actions.

Not to mention other immature "adults" who might think of doing the same thing for views and monies.

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

What he did went against Youtube's policy. It's that simple. He showed a corpse and laughed at a suicide victim, and has made money off of it through his subscriber boost. His core audience is impressionable children. He either needs to be banned or demonetized.

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

What he did went against Youtube's policy. It's that simple. He showed a corpse and laughed at a suicide victim, and has made money off of it through his subscriber boost. His core audience is impressionable children. He either needs to be banned or demonetized.

Would it be weird for me to say that I want to watch Logan Paul videos now? Only because they're stupid and edgy and I want to be impressed. Because they break the rules. What other trouble is he gonna get into next? And because I don't feel personally offended. 

2 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

I do agree with you, everyone (including me) use the Nazis as a example most of the time due to the large scale knowledge of the lack of care towards human life. Logan has proven not just the lack of care but lack of respect towards the japanese.

One can't use someone like Donald Trump who w/o getting into political debates even tho their personalities are quite similar (look back at the campaign), plus 90% of the people on this sad little planet know nothing about more recent issues where human life isn't cared about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide (I learned about this via the movie over 12 years ago).

53 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

if they have dealt with suicide or had dealt with a suicide victim before.

Not saying that this topic will apply to everyone or everyone should care for it

I personally think everyone should care, because here's a short list of possible reasons for suicide attempts:

• Bad parents (drugs, booze, simply stupid)
  • School issues including bullying and grades (usually tied in to the first)
  • Internet (google it)
  • Debt
  • College
  • Drugs
  • Loss of a significant and unwilling to continue on with life w/o them
  • Loss of a child including miscarriages
  • other forms of uncontrollable depression including undiagnosed or unknown to even oneself.
  • failure in life in any means
  • Medical issues usually resulting in death (cancer MS AIDs etc), but not always sometimes long term pain can force people to do it.

Those that dont care or think this is just him being stupid, you'll quickly change your minds if someone you know personally commits suicide or even attempts it. If not then you should see a doctor, as something is likely wrong cognitively.

I either know or have known people with various issues, so while this seems like something miniscule it's actually no different than some random dude walking into a funeral home and laughing at your now deceased ________, just 10x worst.

Also the dumb ass is now begging for a second chance xD, If i was youtube I would just ban him now...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/japanese-cops-say-logan-paul-videos-broke-the-lawand-theyd-just-love-to-nail-him

idk how reliable that site is... but the next time he's in japan he just might get arrested.

2 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Would it be weird for me to say that I want to watch Logan Paul videos now? Only because they're stupid and edgy and I want to be impressed. Because they break the rules. What other trouble is he gonna get into next? And because I don't feel personally offended. 

Which is exactly why he needs to be banned. Because impressionable children like you feel exactly as you just stated.

2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I do agree with you, everyone (including me) use the Nazis as a example most of the time due to the large scale knowledge of the lack of care towards human life. Logan has proven not just the lack of care but lack of respect towards the japanese.

One can't use someone like Donald Trump who w/o getting into political debates even tho their personalities are quite similar (look back at the campaign), plus 90% of the people on this sad little planet know nothing about more recent issues where human life isn't cared about.

My point is that you really don't need to make a comparison. There isn't an equivalent comparison to make, it's a bit of a unique situation in terms of audience, scope, impact, and action. Make intelligent arguments and comparisons are unnecessary (not to say that you are making unintelligent arguments.)

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Which is exactly why he needs to be banned. Because impressionable children like you feel exactly as you just stated.

Impressionable children? No. This expression kinda makes me sad to be honest. You expect people to behave a certain way. Rules need to be broken to remind people why rules were established in the first place. To provoke thought.

7 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Impressionable children? No. This expression kinda makes me sad to be honest. You expect people to behave a certain way. Rules need to be broken to remind people why rules were established in the first place. To provoke thought.

Yes. Logan Paul is clearly provoking thought by mocking suicide victims and being a generally disrespectful douche.

Your comment reeks of /r/im14andthisisdeep. Or jokes on b that kids actually take seriously.

22 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Excuse me sir?

Would you like to contribute to the increasing cancer?

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

Yes. Logan Paul is clearly provoking thought by mocking suicide victims and being a generally disrespectful douche.

Your comment reeks of /r/im14andthisisdeep. Or jokes on b that kids actually take seriously.

First, /b/ is a work of art. 

Second, Logan Paul really sparked a serious discussion on YouTube's policies. It is definitely a milestone for better or worse. 

Third, immaturity should be celebrated. I am a huge fan of Art Brute and Marcel Duchamp's fountain is the greatest piece of art ever made in the history of mankind.

2 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Excuse me sir?

Would you like to contribute to the increasing cancer?

If by that you mean chaos and anarchy, then yeah.